PDA

View Full Version : More speed,power?

Yfz450dan
06-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Is there any mods i could do other than exhaust,that are not that much$$$.Also does changing the sproket size make a differance!

250r4life
06-06-2006, 05:07 PM
taking the baffle out of your silencer is almost as good as buying an aftermarket one...

yah sprockets can help... they dont add power, they simply transform it to a desired area... and take it away from another...

Yfz450dan
06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
taking the baffle out of your silencer is almost as good as buying an aftermarket one...

yah sprockets can help... they dont add power, they simply transform it to a desired area... and take it away from another...
so what does the sproket do?Better acellaration{sp}?

YFZ450Ridr
06-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Yfz450dan
so what does the sproket do?Better acellaration{sp}?

if you gear down on the front you will get more torque and better acceleration, but the gears will be shorter and you wont have as much top end. if you gear up, youll have less torque and slower acceleration but a higher top speed.

if you gear down on the rear its like gearing up on the front and vise versa.

the best mod you can do is to buy a hi flow filter(uni, Twin air, K&N, ect.) and an outerwears cover. once you do that take off the air box lid and rejet accordingly. lots more power throughout the RPM range and better throttle response. very cheap and effective.

250r4life
06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
if you gear down on the front you will get more torque and better acceleration, but the gears will be shorter and you wont have as much top end. if you gear up, youll have less torque and slower acceleration but a higher top speed.

if you gear down on the rear its like gearing up on the front and vise versa.

the best mod you can do is to buy a hi flow filter(uni, Twin air, K&N, ect.) and an outerwears cover. once you do that take off the air box lid and rejet accordingly. lots more power throughout the RPM range and better throttle response. very cheap and effective.

yah, he hit the nail on the head...

the baffle is free... sprockets are cheap... the filter isnt too bad (around $100) but it would be the first thing i would do, not just for the improved airflow cuz i dont think it changes too drastically, but i would do it for the clamp on part cuz i hate that stock set up... a good way to suck sand and dust if you ask me...

blackwell17
06-15-2006, 11:58 PM
you can do the cam mod too and that helps w/ mid to high end power without sacrificing low end

head over to yfzcentral.com for more info...its all about yfz's over there!