PDA

View Full Version : 310PV with -2 1/2 swinger

trx250rkid
06-06-2006, 02:51 PM
hey guys i was just wandering if im going to have a real hard time keeping the front end down on my quad when its done. I bought a jrd no-link swingarm and found out that it is about 2 1/2 inches shorter than a stock 86-87. Im curious if you guys think it'll wheelie unexpectedly all the time with the 310 motor?
thanks

Scro
06-06-2006, 02:54 PM
What kind of riding will you be doing?

250r4life
06-06-2006, 03:25 PM
no, it wont be unexpectedly... it will be totally expected... you can expect that every time you hit the powerband and your wheels get some grip- youre going to wheeliee :) lol...

um, that depends on what type or riding you do, in what type of terrain, and also what type of tires you run and their condition... it also depends on how aggresively your power band hits...

i have an 89 so my swinger is shorter than the 86/87, but not quite as short as yours... i have an aggresively ported 265 and run holeshots, and in the desert on hard packed dirt with the little rocks and everything, i can wheelie in 5th if i work at it... 4th is pretty easy... however, in the desert i never wheelie when i do not want to, cuz otherwise my tires just spin...

the dunes are another story... my front wheels are constantly off the ground, and i imagine if you dune and have good paddles your front wheels will always be off the ground as well

trx250rkid
06-06-2006, 07:38 PM
ill be riding mostly in sand pits and some trails. i guess im just not going to worry about it for now and we'll see when its done.

deathman53
06-08-2006, 03:05 PM
it will be a wheelie machine. I know I have a 310pv, pipe, carb, reeds, cr igntion and other stuff on my 86 atc250r w/ a +1 swinger(3 1/2" over yours) and unless you sit on the front of the seat and put pressure on the front end it wheelies instantly. I would get a longer swingarm, that short of a swinger if you have good traction, your front end is coming up.