PDA

View Full Version : Buying a shee, what problems to look for?

mickey400ex
06-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Im heading out tomorrow to buy an 03 banshee, the guy swears it has less than 25 hrs on it, and from the pics you can tell it, anyways whats the common areas that banshee are troubled with, whats some things i need to check to make sure im buying a good bike and not a lemon, any help would be appreciated guys

yellowzo3
06-06-2006, 01:44 PM
well it seems to be fairly new so i would say check the compression if you can..top ends go fast on those especially if it was not taken care of...ask him what oil he used in it and what gas...other than that it seems new so nothing should be severely worn out or anything..banshees are pretty good bikes just look over the motor real well...see how easy it starts...you shouldnt have to kick it 1000 times to start it..alot of members bikes on here start in a few kicks so it should have no trouble starting...good luck and let us know if you have any problems

mickey400ex
06-06-2006, 03:06 PM
im pretty dumb on 2 strokes right now, but how do i check the compression on it?

yellowzo3
06-06-2006, 03:51 PM
youll probably have to buy a compression tester...its a little gauge and you take the spark plug out and screw the compression tester in...then you kick the bike like your going to start it (make sure its off though) and read what the gauge says...they should both be the same...OR if you test ride it you can tell if a top end is shot...or it wont even run right to begin with.

Mxjunkie
06-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Check the intakes for cracks It's common if you have a boost bottle they crack over time from the boost bottle bouncing around..

Everything else is just like your normal quad, chain, sprockets, shocks etc.

Check the brake pads for wear.

and the most important RIDE IT!