PDA

View Full Version : June 6th, 1944

Matt37
06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
With all this BS 6/6/6 stuff going around.

It is easy to forget the men who rid this world of evil, they are the true heros of this day.

They had more bravery than I could ever imagine having, jumping off those boats onto the beach.

http://www.openfire.us/blog/archives/images/2004/d-day-2.jpg

NEVER FORGET!

JRP
06-06-2006, 01:11 PM
man i totally forgot about that.:( RIP to all the soldiers that lost there lives and to there families.:( :( :(

Matt37
06-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by JRP
man i totally forgot about that.

Thats why I made this post.

People forget way to easily

miller821
06-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by JRP
man i totally forgot about that.:( RIP to all the soldiers that lost there lives and to there families.:( :( :(
Yep, I remember it now, but never knew the date:(

Hondadudeehhhh
06-06-2006, 01:20 PM
a guy came into my work yesterday wearing a Marine WWII hat. I asked him where he served and he said he was there on D-Day. I felt pretty overcome by meeting a guy like that, there arent too many WWII vets from Germany around here anymore. I asked him if he was going up to our local American legeon tomorrow for the anniversary. He shook my hand and told me he really apreciated that i was one of the few people who actually knew the date. I felt pretty honored to have shaken his hand. My dad was in Vietnam but i mean this man contributed GREATLY to end a world war.

It jsut blows my mind how people can get so caught up in fictional things like 6/6/6 that they forget about our heros. I wish more people understood how much these men and women sacrificed. Last night i was watching the news and they spoke of this 6/6/6 thing. They did not say ONE word about honoring the men on Normandy.

Thank you for posting this Matt. R.I.P. to all of those who sacrificed their lives on this day.

06-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow, I also forgot about this too. Its pretty ridiculuos that they didnt mention at all during school today.

http://www.schoolshistory.org.uk/images/d-day.gif

400exrules
06-06-2006, 02:05 PM
yup, RIP to them all. they deserve all the honor we can give them.

none of us have any way of understanding the things they went through, but the movie Saving Private Ryan shows a glimpse of what it was like. if you havent seen it by now, you should

miller821
06-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
but the movie Saving Private Ryan shows a glimpse of what it was like. if you havent seen it by now, you should
Heck ya, thats a great movie, and its incredible how realistic it looks.

coolex
06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
i actually remembered but not one person in shcool said a word about it

this is problay a stupid question but wat does d-day stand for LIke what is the D an abreviation for?

Punk'd
06-06-2006, 03:17 PM
The D is derived from the word Day. “D-Day” means the day on which a military operation begins.

06-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Heck ya, thats a great movie, and its incredible how realistic it looks.

Yea, and the part when they guy got shot or something badly and dying and is yelling for his mom hits me hard every time.

06-06-2006, 06:03 PM
both my grandpa's were marines in WWII and are still alive. I feel honored to have 2 grandpas serve in WWII and still be alive but one wont talk about it... One of my grandpas wrote a book but its more like a little family diary type thing. And he talks about how literally so many people were killed and laying there dying that the water was red with blood and the streets were always red with blood and my other grandpa always breaks into tears when I ask him about it because he had 2 freinds who entered the Marines with him during WWII and both were shot right in front of his eyes.. but I really appreciate those veterans work and the freedom I have today...

Quad18star
06-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i actually remembered but not one person in shcool said a word about it

this is problay a stupid question but wat does d-day stand for LIke what is the D an abreviation for?

Taken from the web .....

In military parlance, D-Day is a term often used to denote the day on which a combat attack or operation is to be initiated. By far the most well-known D-Day is June 6, 1944—the day on which "Operation Overlord" began—commencing the British, American, and Canadian effort to liberate mainland Europe from Nazi occupation during World War II

IOWAracer
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
WOW........ that is great that you rememmbred this I was thinking about it as well my grandfather and i were talking about it the other day and it blows me away by his stories and he never actually got to normady.

broc

Honda TRX250ex
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
I was the only one who brought that up in my history class today. Its amazing how people could not remeber the men that fought to save peoples lives. Good luck to the men and woman over seas fighting us right now and RIP for the ones that died for us.