PDA

View Full Version : Americas Army Game

ohsobad_chevy
06-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Has anyone ever played or currently playing this game for the computer. I went over to my buddies house and he showed it to me. I am hopelessly addicted to this game now...:(

What are you guys' screen names on the game. Maybe we will run into each other some time when we are playing it. Mine is ohsobad_killer.

The game is free BTW, you can download it from http://www.americasarmy.com

If you havent played it, you prolly better not start, it is very addicting. :D

JLanphear
06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I play...My name on there is PhearCVBz. I usually play on Bridge or Pipeline.

Pure Pipeline is a good server for pipe.

On Bridge I usually play on NYC Modheads or Double Bogies, but haven't played the game in a while.

-Josh

06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Dude, I haven't played that game in about 2 years. I used to be addicted to it. Me and 2 other of my friends played it. Then it almost made my computer crash, so I quit. :(

ohsobad_chevy
06-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by MrMan
Dude, I haven't played that game in about 2 years. I used to be addicted to it. Me and 2 other of my friends played it. Then it almost made my computer crash, so I quit. :(

LMAO...What kind of computer do you have. The game isn't very demanding at all. My parents have a cheap dell, and it will run the game just find. ;)

Hyperwarrior22
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Is it any thing like counter strike?

ohsobad_chevy
06-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Never played counter strike, so im not sure. It is a shooter game that you play against other people on the internet. You have an account and as you get points you gain honor. pretty cool setup. You should download it and play it. It's 100% free from the army.

JLanphear
06-07-2006, 03:00 PM
I have not played counterstrike either, but know a little bit about it.

The concept is basically the same, except this one is supposed to be more team based, and more of a focus on realism.

Well, it's a game and it's supposed to be fun, and although there is some authenticity to it, I wouldn't call it realistic at all.

So anyway I'd say the premis between the two games is basically the same.

Download it, play it, and I know you'll like it. Just give it a chance because every shooter is a bit different and takes a bit to really get the hang of it. There are dudes on there that play for thousands and thousands of hours, so yes, you will get owned plenty of times at first.

I think the new patch for the game comes out sometime at the end of this month or next. It will add vehicles to the game and a few other normal things that you'd get in a patch. Then I think next year they release a totally new version built on a totally new engine.

ELewandowski
06-07-2006, 03:45 PM
It has more control than counter-strike, its also not as good. CS is way better, Americas Army will get old real fast. I played it for a while, but with games like BF2 and CS, it just doesnt compare.

Lablatt
06-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ELewandowski
It has more control than counter-strike, its also not as good. CS is way better, Americas Army will get old real fast. I played it for a while, but with games like BF2 and CS, it just doesnt compare.

BF2, Hell yeah!

DOHC
06-07-2006, 07:12 PM
do u have to pay for it?

ohsobad_chevy
06-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by DOHC
do u have to pay for it?

No, go to http://www.americasarmy.com

and download it.

zedicus00
06-08-2006, 09:34 AM
free multiplayer deathmatch game, like unreal torunament and quake, better graphics though.

http://www.nexuiz.com/

ohsobad_chevy
06-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
free multiplayer deathmatch game, like unreal torunament and quake, better graphics though.

http://www.nexuiz.com/

no offense dude, but that game sucks balls!!!:D

Americas army has better graphics, if you have a good video card that is.

Lax
06-08-2006, 01:35 PM
JDenaro

Add me if its possible

fasterthanyouex
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
i play this game alot

it has no comparsion to a game like battlefield 2 but hey for free its a amazing game. Its very addictings

i havent seen any of you guys but my names VMC_Matt