PDA

View Full Version : New Phone = Questions

JRP
06-06-2006, 10:16 AM
alright well i just got an Verizon LGVX8300. It has VCast and everything. When i try to go to VCast music is says "Sorry. You must have EV-DO coverage to browse the V Cast Music Catalog." Does anyone know what that means. And also, how do you get music from your computer onto the phone?

XCAdam89
06-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Jordan,
My Dad has this phone:

http://www.cifrovik.ru/cifrovik/services/catalog/images/10162-photo-extra-1.jpg

Which doesn't have V-Cast, but it has "Walkman" since it's made by sony, (Same Thing) Anyways, the phone came with a USB cord that you plug into the bottom of the phone and then in the back of the computer (Like an MP3 Player) Then all we had to do was drag and drop,

I'm not sure about your error message, but I think a friend of mine had the same problem with his VCast, I'll ask him tomorrow for you.

400exrules
06-06-2006, 11:01 AM
do u have to pay seperate for vcast along with your phone bill? maybe you dont have access to it because you have to pay seperate....kinda like the media package on cingular phones

JRP
06-06-2006, 11:12 AM
i have vcast free for 30days. Everything else on vcast works cept the music

rtm1216
06-06-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm not 100% positive, but it's most likely that the RF network in your area has not been upgraded to the EVDO technology yet. Or you may have to pay a separate fee for the service. Call Verizon's customer service and ask them.