PDA

View Full Version : "Flange brake disc"

Phills450r
06-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I need to buy a new one and would prefer finding one on the net before buying it from the dealer for $134.49 if anyone can post a quick reply on where to get one from before I go to the dealer and buy one post up please (I don't need the BRAKE DISC)

2004 Honda 450r

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15610294468.jpg&s=f5

HRC_rider
06-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Try ebay and look up '450R rotor'. There are at least 3 on there right now. One is a new take off and bidding is starting at $1. You can buy it now for about $40 which is still a good savings.

What happened to yours? Let the carrier bearing go too long? I'm just waiting for a new one in the mail right now.:rolleyes:

JW450R1
06-06-2006, 09:23 AM
yeah check out e-bay for disk.u may want to buy a anti-fade nut,because it seems like when u take off the original jam nut assembly it always looseness back up again.depending the type of rideing u do thou.

HRC_rider
06-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Good tip on the nut. I already had a RAD locknut in hand when I went to change the carrier bearings and found my flange severely worn. The stock nut and lock nut had come loose and things got real sloppy. If I didn't already have the nut I would have gone with the anti-fade setup but for minimal $$$ stock replacements on e-bay will do.

Phills450r
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JW450R1
yeah check out e-bay for disk.u may want to buy a anti-fade nut,because it seems like when u take off the original jam nut assembly it always looseness back up again.depending the type of rideing u do thou.

what do you mean by anti-fade nut? where does it go... im new to all of this i got all of the stuff ordered right now hopefully have it before saturday... if you could post a pic of it and where it goes would help alot or msg me on aim PhillipAkAPhilly THANKS

Phills450r
06-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I just ordered the stock one for now.. if anything messes up my dad said we could order the one from lsracing :)

HRC_rider
06-06-2006, 11:11 AM
The anti-fade setups have the brake disc flange, axle bolt and nut combined. You don't need one if your stock axle bolt and nuts are ok and you've already ordered a stock flange. You might still want to consider an aftermarket nut with pinch bolts though.

Phills450r
06-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by HRC_rider
The anti-fade setups have the brake disc flange, axle bolt and nut combined. You don't need one if your stock axle bolt and nuts are ok and you've already ordered a stock flange. You might still want to consider an aftermarket nut with pinch bolts though.

where can i get something like that at? and can i still use it with the stock disc flange?

HRC_rider
06-06-2006, 01:16 PM
This is my RAD manufacturing nut. You can see the backside of the pinchbolts in this pic. It uses the stock axle bolt (threader cylinder with spline inside) and works with the factory brake rotor flange.

Phills450r
06-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by HRC_rider
This is my RAD manufacturing nut. You can see the backside of the pinchbolts in this pic. It uses the stock axle bolt (threader cylinder with spline inside) and works with the factory brake rotor flange.

where can i get one of those from???? and how much.. does it screw on the right side of the flange or the left side(closer to the swingarm) do you have a picture of it "on your axle"