PDA

View Full Version : well i got her running but...... please help

mine
06-06-2006, 05:57 AM
well i got my kx 125 running but now it shoots out alot od oil and i mean alot. It does not smoke alot at all bt when i sput my hand by the exaust in the back it shoots out a chit load of oil. I was thinking it Could it be jetting or air/fuel mixture????

Colby@C&DRacing
06-06-2006, 08:01 AM
what kind of pre mix oil are you running and what are you mixing it at?

LT250RMan
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
sounds like you mixed your gas with way to much oil, you probaly have it mixed at like 15:1 when it should be around 32:1.

06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Mixture is 40:1 yamalube and the gas in the tank has been sitting for about 3 weeks. The bike is not bogging or anything, power is fine, just spitting out alot of oil. I just put the top end in about 20 minutes before this.

GPracer2500
06-06-2006, 01:17 PM
crank seals?

LT250RMan
06-06-2006, 01:27 PM
well if its not bogging it cant be the jets then, because if you have it jetted rich enough for it to spray oil out of the exaust then it would bog really bad and maybe not even start.

06-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
crank seals?

IDK it might be could you explain to me a little bit more about these crank seals. (where theyre located, what they do etc.... thanks
mike

250r4life
06-06-2006, 02:09 PM
they're down in your bottom end... around the crank... to seal off the oil from the bottom end... you'd have to tear down your bottom end to see them...

06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Will i have to remove the engine from the frame in order to take them out and replace them:confused:

06-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Im guessing this is trasmission oil leaking out:confused:

250r4life
06-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Marshmello
Will i have to remove the engine from the frame in order to take them out and replace them:confused:

yes, you will have to remove the engine... i'm not sure with your particular bike, but yah you have to pretty much tear the engine down all the way from what i understand...

take the jug and piston and everything off, and then split the cases... i'm not familiar with that dirtbike, but its a 2 stroke and cant be much different then my R...

06-06-2006, 03:50 PM
wouldnt it bog or affect the bikes performance if its seals are gone.

Is it dangerous to ride with a leaking seal:confused:

GPracer2500
06-06-2006, 04:05 PM
No. You don't have to tear an engine all the way down to replace crank seals (goes for any two-storke I've worked on). You have to remove the clutch and flywheel to get to the seals but you don't have to touch the crank itself. If you can remove a clutch basket and have a flywheel puller than it's a pretty simple job.

A clutch side crank seal that has gone bad will allow crankcase oil to enter the bottom end and work it's way up and out of the engine. The result is dropping tranny oil levels and all kinds of sploodge coming out of the exahust.

The concern on flywheel side crank seal is that if it's leaking than air and/or air/fuel mixture can get pushed in and out of the crankcase thru the bad seal. The crankcase must remain sealed during certain portions of the combustion cycle. If it the crankcase leaks internally than all sorts of running problems crop up.

I don't know if one or both of your crank seals are bad or not--but you should be aware of that possiblity.

ETA: I have a CR250 that had bad seals. Both sides where bad. It sploodged oil, idled like crap, was hard to start cold, but otherwise ran suprizingly well. The splooging oil even with lean jetting and a good gas mix finally zeroed me in on the problem.

The only "danger" I can think of is a seal passing enough air to completely lean out the jetting.