PDA

View Full Version : warrior wont rev

Capt_ron
06-05-2006, 09:21 PM
My dad has a 99 warrior runs great most of the time but on occasion it will idle fine but if you give it any throttle it will just bog and die if you don’t let it drop back to an idle. After a little playing with the thotle it will normaly clear up and run fine it only dose it just after being started never just hapens wail it runing. It has been moded but did it before the mods.

the mods
hmf slip on
K/n
jet kit
rev box

We had a carb kit put in it hoping to fix and also the rev box. We are out of ideas on this thing. Of course it being a sporadic issue makes it harder to track down.

And the carb has been cleaned more then once

Thanks for any help

GPracer2500
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
So your saying it only happens right after startup? What about hot starts? Maybe it just needs a bit to warm up before the engine is willing to respond to certain throttle inputs.

Capt_ron
06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
it has only hapened a couple of time on hot starts and it dose not always go away it took us about 2 weeks to get it going one time.

Capt_ron
06-07-2006, 06:23 PM
bump any ideas?

DieselBoy
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
how is your needle/seat? is the float working okay? have you cleaned the air filter? have you changed the plug? you would be surprised what a new plug will do!

06-07-2006, 09:54 PM
i had that same problem clean you main jet and make sure the needle is clean

also make sure your spark plug is the right color ( jetted right)

m3snowboarder
06-08-2006, 03:59 PM
This could be by the parking brake. Up by the clutch make sure the parking break is set tight, otherwise it will set the rev limiter. Not sure if this applies to your situation, but go for the easiest fix first than the harder. This happened to mine and many others.