PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Dont Work!!!

TacomaNC4X4
06-05-2006, 08:38 PM
aight, my brakes haven't been working for about 8months now bc i bent the disc and the pads wore out. i didn't feel like spendin a bunch of money on rear brakes till now. i just got a new disc and pads, put em on and they still dont work. ive tried bleeding them but no fluid will come out. you can pump the brakes all you want and it never gets tight. i cant figure it out. i need them by this weekend cause im going to a track. what should i do?

JW450R1
06-06-2006, 05:52 AM
there might be some air in the rear master cyclinder.air is hard to get all out.u might want to gravity bleed them for a while,or still or pull some vacumm on the system.maybe that will help.
did u seal up the caliper while it wasn't in working condition?....

400exrider707
06-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Pour some fluid directly into the caliper by removing the bleeder, then try and bleed and watch it go!;)

Trevor
06-06-2006, 07:14 AM
I have had the same problem buy I do get a little bit of petal but it goes away by the next day. This started after I put on my parking brake block off.

JOEX
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Assuming your bleeding the lines properly, no signs of leaking and still not getting pressure... It's a good possibility the master cylinder needs attention. A rebuild kit is about $30 or so.