PDA

View Full Version : engine

1fst400
06-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Keep me posted on how the progres on the engine is coming. I figured you should have had the check by now.

Pappy
06-05-2006, 08:37 PM
check came today, engine leaves tomorrow!

1fst400
06-05-2006, 08:59 PM
10-4

if you can get the tracking number it would be mint.

Pappy
06-05-2006, 09:06 PM
DHL #16457930053

It wont be active until they pick it up tomorrow

1fst400
06-08-2006, 11:58 AM
I got everything today. The engine looked like it had been droped out of an air plane, the crate was all cracked. But nothing hapended to the engine.

You wouldent hapen to have a cdi, thats the only thing that I seem to need.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 02:11 PM
yeah the tubs take some abuse, thats why everyone uses them.

i have some more stuff to send you, but my brother has the cdi and a few other small parts that i would like to include with the engine(he was trying to find a problem with another quad so he snagged the cdi)

1fst400
06-08-2006, 03:54 PM
10-4.

when u think that stuf will go out?

Pappy
06-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I am trying to knock out a few frames now, then I may be able to run over there and grab up the cdi etc. at the latest, monday or tuesday but im shooting for tomorrow

1fst400
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
hey, did you end up getting that stuf shiped out? I havent worked on the quad much, But so far there is this thing that I will need. .

The metal piece that holds the clutch cable on the motor, Goes on the left case cover bolts.

just wondering, the kick starter doesnet stay in good. Like it wobles out the the kick start position. I have the dust seal in there along with the bold. but it flops around. And Im shure when Im riding it will constatly come out on me. do they make somthing to fix that?

Thanks

Pappy
06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
i will look fo rthe clutch cable holder, but I am pretty sure it was sold with the batch of chrome parts long before the engine was for sale.

the kickstarter was good and tight here, not sure why it would be loose. double check everything, but at the most I geuss a new rubber tit would be needed?

im still waiting on the cdi from my brother...we have been playing phone tag this week but neither of us have had chance to hook up.

1fst400
06-16-2006, 09:38 PM
need that cdi, Im getting close. I would hate to be hung up on that.

Also, Im going to need my frame powder coated. I can get it done localy, but they only do black ( truck rack company). Im thinking a difrent color, Mabie a dark blue, almoast like a LTR stock frame. Let me know how much you would charge me. Im probly looking at geting it done at the end if the season. For now the good ole spray bomb will suffice.

thanks.

Pappy
06-16-2006, 11:07 PM
If you have it down, get it coated black for now. spray bomb will look like crap and youw ill kick yourself for it.

I will not get my hands on the cdi until early next week when my brother is home and i am able to get it. trust me, i have no use for it, just havent had a chance to connect to get it

1fst400
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
got that thing shiped out yet? I need that thing.

1fst400
06-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm not trying to be overly pushy here. But you said I would have had it by now. If you would have said off the bat it was going to take this long I would have just bought a difrent one.

How much longer exactly is it going to take. At this point I could have got one off ebay with less hasle.
:mad:

Pappy
06-20-2006, 09:20 PM
whoa there turbo, i explained my brother had it and i would make every effort to get it from him in a timely manner. you will recieve the cdi as i have stated. i have no means to not send it, but i can not send it until i recieve it as i have fully explained to you.

and i read in your other thread you were not able to get alot done on it due to work schedule, whats up? not that i am delaying anything i have control over, but there is no need to get worked up over it either.