PDA

View Full Version : nj driving age

blasterkid
06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
well iv been goin around the forum latly and lookin at all these post with kids getting there licenses and there all so young like 16 and such. i just wanted to let everyone know that in new jersey you dont get ur provisonal license till ur 17 and then when ur 18 u get ur full license. seems kind of obsurd if u compare it to other states. i got one more month till i turn 17 and i feel its gona be the longest month of my life. just venting a little and filling people in with all the bull**** in new jersey

Rico400
06-05-2006, 07:40 PM
lol that does kinda suck, but i wonder if there is less accidents in jersey though? sees like teenagers here get in more fender benders than people that are alittle older.

<DRS>GPF
06-05-2006, 07:41 PM
another reason to hate jersey...

when i lived there, the drivers liscense test was like 4 or 5 pages and had written questions..

it suxored much..

i was done with the illinois drivers test before the clerk was done with her cigarette.. (for that matter, before she finished half of it..)

Ralph
06-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
another reason to hate jersey...

when i lived there, the drivers liscense test was like 4 or 5 pages and had written questions..

it suxored much..

i was done with the illinois drivers test before the clerk was done with her cigarette.. (for that matter, before she finished half of it..)

so nj is bad because we make sure people know the laws of the roads before we let them loose? I didnt mind taking the test seing that it was easy and that i got a 96.

And incase anyone is confused you are pretty much free to go anywhere u want at 17.

Hondadudeehhhh
06-05-2006, 08:04 PM
i started driving on the rode when i was 14 and 9 months old. I got my restricted license on the day i turned 16. The day i turn 17 i can be out passed midnight. I would say it's a good deal here in michigan. It's kind of weird being 15 one day and then driving around ina vehicle by yourself the next.

LittleMissE
06-05-2006, 08:11 PM
In Colorado..... at 15 with drivers ed you get you permit... then a year from the day when you get your permit you can get your liscence. When until you are 16 and 1/2 you can ride with anyone under the age of 16 unless its your sister or brother. At 16 and 1/2 you can drive with one person in the car under 16. The whole year of being 16 you can only drive from about 5 am to midnight. After you turn 17 you can drive anytime and as many people us seat belts and everything eles.

06-05-2006, 08:12 PM
6 months to my licence. I wish I didnt move back to NJ from NY

blasterkid
06-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
so nj is bad because we make sure people know the laws of the roads before we let them loose? I didnt mind taking the test seing that it was easy and that i got a 96.

And incase anyone is confused you are pretty much free to go anywhere u want at 17.

yea but theres a bunch of restrictions.. im 16 right now iv had three jobs i play sports and i have chores and stuff to do for my family if i could drive my life would be a bunch easier 17 is just so late inlife to get a license think about everytime i need to go somewhere i gotta ask my mom. shes to busy to drive my *** all around its so beat.

06-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Here where i live you get restricted license when you turn 15 and the full license when you turn 16

Ralph
06-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by blasterkid
yea but theres a bunch of restrictions.. im 16 right now iv had three jobs i play sports and i have chores and stuff to do for my family if i could drive my life would be a bunch easier 17 is just so late inlife to get a license think about everytime i need to go somewhere i gotta ask my mom. shes to busy to drive my *** all around its so beat.

its life.

and the restrictions are basically if ur a dumbass the cops can screw u easier. I have been out driiving way past 12, close to 3-4, on a provisional and the cops wont do anything unless ur being ruder or dumb. Same thing with the restriction on how many peiople ur alowed to have in ur car.

Doober
06-05-2006, 10:40 PM
here in ohio 15 1/2 you get your permit 16 you get your license after you take drivers ed....but i think they may of raised the age of getting your permit to 16 not quite sure

<DRS>GPF
06-06-2006, 05:55 AM

no.. nj is bad because of the insurance lobbyists, lawyers, landfills, NY city's scourge washing up, corrupt govt., cost of living so on and so on.. and a drivers liscense test..:blah:

the delayed liscense is due to traffic congestion.. the last thing nj needs is to watch students die due to lack of skill.. they just wait til theyve graduated then watch them die.. :D

i lived in Mount Holly for 6yrs until some non-insured arse hit me..:( my insurance went up higher than my truck payments.. wasnt my fault, but thanks to NJ insurance laws they could penalize me..

then there's $700 to $1000per month rent(not including utilities) for a efficiency appt. is rediculous..(this is in the late 80's) zoning laws that wont let you repair a fence let alone put up a new one..

when i moved to IL, making the same money, I bought a house, truck, bike and so on...

there are places where you can live for less than half the cost, has clean air, good people and doesnt consume all of your personal income just trying to survive..

nj suxors.. sorry.. you might need to get out more..

blasterkid
06-06-2006, 04:21 PM
its life.

and the restrictions are basically if ur a dumbass the cops can screw u easier. I have been out driiving way past 12, close to 3-4, on a provisional and the cops wont do anything unless ur being ruder or dumb. Same thing with the restriction on how many peiople ur alowed to have in ur car.

not really its new jersey and if ur response to my problem is thats life then ovbiously there is now answer pluss i was just telling people

coolex
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
here in new hampshire u cn drive with a parent at 15.5 but u dnt need to get a permit or tell the town ur driving u just get in the car and go and the day u turn 16 u get ur license

ZSNOW
08-17-2006, 05:47 AM
living is easy(kinda) in NH we don't get permits....but if u get cought riding ur quad alone with out ur atv lisence they bust u bad and impound ur d@mn quad

TRX_450
08-17-2006, 06:32 AM
here you get an IP (instructors permit) or a farm lisence (basically a restricted) at 14 when you turn 15 you get ur restricted and when you tur n 16 your free

Jakeyracer
08-17-2006, 08:02 AM
lol here in washington you can get your permit the day you turn fifteen with your permit you are allowed as many direct family members (bros, sisters,parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, cousins) as the car can legaly hold and you can have two non-family members in the car too once you get a minor lisence (printed verticly) you have almost all regular driving privlages cept for a couple i dont know what they are

orca0294
08-17-2006, 09:44 AM
yeah in illinois u can get ur permit at 15 and liscence at 16 but i was just in montana, by far the best state, and you can get your liscence at 15 and ride quads on teh roads right on up into the mountains.

redlineranger
08-17-2006, 04:09 PM
alabama's is easy.. when your 15 you get ur learners permit, turn 16 and get ur drivers liscense.