PDA

View Full Version : High Quality Detail Jobs 40.00-120.00

bullitz400
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Parents said to get some kind of job during the summer and they thought of this. It seems like everyday I'm out washing my car because it gets dirty over night. They figured why not open a small detailing job. Have people drive here, leave their car, and come pick it up after it's done. The price of other detailers around here is like 200.00+ Crazy if you ask me.

....depending on how crazy you want me to get or any special needs. Here's my process:

Complete interior and exterior detail: $120
Oversize Fees: $150.00

Step 1: Vacuum car, shampoo carpets if necessary, Detail with Armor All "interior", Clean Leather / Cloth Seats
Step 2: Clean engine bay up
Step 3: Wash car/clean wheels
Step 4: Apply Meguiars Spray Mist
Step 5: Clay bar entire car
Step 6: Coat of RainX wax
Step 7: Polish wheels
Step 8: Shine tires if requested
Step 9: Clean windows with 3M Window Cleaner
Step 10: Wipe Windows with RainX Anti-Fog

Interior only: $40
Oversize Vehicles: $50.00

Exterior/engine compartment only: $80
Oversize vehicles: $100.00

Will Travel up to 50 miles from the 60140 area code.

400exrules
06-05-2006, 07:33 PM
sounds good, nice price

Rico400
06-05-2006, 07:36 PM
sounds like a fair price to me. is it the same price as a geo metro and a ford 450 diesel though? lol

gbcap
06-05-2006, 07:49 PM
i would set different prices for different vehicles.

set prices for specific inside and outside packages.

those prices are really cheap btw...my friend just started a detail shop and it is not un common to get 300-400 dollar cars in thre all the time. once it is not a summer job you will realize that you aren't making as much money as you could.

are you going to have a transport tag so they don't have to drive the car over to your house? or do they have to drop it off? do you have a vehicle that you could make a 'mobile unit'?

Scro
06-05-2006, 07:54 PM
WOW, here in Alabama you spend 50 bucks on a wash and wax, inside and out:eek2:

Ralph
06-05-2006, 08:15 PM
u also have to realize that the other shops need to charge $300 because they need to pay rent, phone, electricity, and peoples wages.

ShiftFMX
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I'd say (if you drive) throw all your materials in your car/truck and go do it at peoples houses

Aceman
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
This sounds like a pretty decent idea for a summer job. Make sure you do a damn good job because referrals and repeat customers will bring in the work. I like the idea of a mobile car though, that way people aren't inconvenienced dropping their cars off and picking them up. Might give you a leg up on the competition as well since you're mobile. Good luck.

LTZ400rider
06-05-2006, 09:42 PM
my friend does that and hes good at it, he handed out a chitload of flyers and the only customers he has is his neighbors

bullitz400
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
wow guys thanks for all the help. I have taken a few things into consideration. I would need a spot to get the engine compartment grease off. Not going to do in driveway. If it's not too far away I could travel but I would prefer vehicle to be dropped off. I'll add the oversize fee.

red2004 TRX450R
06-06-2006, 09:34 AM
In my high school years I detailed cars for 6 years and was going to open my own shop. don't use products you can get a walmart they suck get hold of a supplier with professional stuff. (ask the detail manager at the local auto dealer)
Do you know how to run a buffer!!!!
to take an average car and make it perfect it takes at least 5 to 8 hours with one person.

YOU SHOULD GET INSURANCE!!!!!!! one mistake or accident could cost you upwords of 5G;'s

sounds like good fun go for it!!!
I would suggest working for a dealer ship that reconditions there own used cars, to gain experience first.

any one can clean a car few can make one look tits.

ask if you have any questions

bullitz400
06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
All I use is Gritons and RainX. For every car I have done so far the people have been very satisfied. I think I'm going to stick with what everyone likes. Hope to get some interest from quad riders.

trx400exxracer
06-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
WOW, here in Alabama you spend 50 bucks on a wash and wax, inside and out:eek2:

I know my brother use to wash cars and had 30 customers and he did a full detail for like $50-$80

Lablatt
06-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by bullitz400
All I use is Gritons and RainX. For every car I have done so far the people have been very satisfied. I think I'm going to stick with what everyone likes. Hope to get some interest from quad riders.

Think how satisfied they would be if you used a clay bar, 3 step polish, and top it all off with a nice carnuba.

Check out zainobros.com, their z1, z2, and z6 polish does wonders on any metallic flake,top it off with some Megs #26 and it'll really shine and put out some depth.

A dual action buffer is a must if you want to be taken seriously.

bullitz400
06-06-2006, 11:24 PM
It says in the first post if you read the steps.

I'll stick to the steps that I have used. Customers seem to be very happy with the outcome. Even my own neighbor that owns his own body shop says I do great work.