PDA

View Full Version : banshee vs. quadzilla

jrb400ex
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
what fourwheeler is faster in top speed and which has a quicker acceleration. what are their topspeeds. because i'm lookin to buy a really fast 2stroke.

250r4life
06-05-2006, 09:00 PM
i would highly reccomend a blaster...

robjohn74
06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
go with the banshee

banshee84
06-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Get a banshee, They have a huge market for aftermarket accesories. I don't know how easy it is to find parts for a quadzilla

jimmy123_272
06-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i would highly reccomend a blaster...
I would highly reccomend not getting a blaster get a banshee they are about 947 times better then the blaster and f4rom banshee or qaudzilla i think banshee would be better but i havent heard that much from qaudzilla

250r4life
06-06-2006, 11:40 AM
lol... too funny... "i highly reccomend not getting a blaster..."

yah, what they said...

quadzilla's are junk... suzuki makes a crappy bike, and whats worse is the quadzilla was made even worse than the lt 250... my buddy used to have a quadzilla and on our long dune trips, he'd bring a spare engine just so he could ride the whole weekend...

plus, have you ever ridden one of those... theyre like a tank... its a weird feel... and being such a big bore, they dont rev out real well and work better when you short shift them... wheres the fun in that? thats now how a 2 stroke is supposed to perform...

jrb400ex
06-06-2006, 05:50 PM
whats the topspeed on a banshee?

LT250RMan
06-06-2006, 05:59 PM
I would say 75 to 80 mph for a stock banshee.

project_tecate
06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
they are both fast quads, the quadzilla is heavier and bigger but produces more power. The zilla are know for breaking parts pretty easily, main thing I have always seen go on the zilla's are there trans, to much torque and it just rips them apart plus they also can be a real b!tch to start. Banshees have a wide range of aftermarket parts which are very easy to come by and all and all have a better set-up. I say go for a banshee but its up to you obviously.

enquadrider16
06-06-2006, 11:22 PM
sorta depends on what your doing and what the quadzilla has on it. if it has suspension and some engine work i'd go with that for mx, but anything else i would go w/ the banshee, good luck

250r4life
06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
i can't imagine riding a quadzilla for mx... those things are tanks...

i have a desire to have lot of different atvs... eventually i would like to have a yfz 450, a drag banshee, could even go for a nice raptor... all in addition to my 250r... to be honest though i really dont have a desire for a qaudzilla... they aren't crazy fast and i dont think they are good bikes...

bansheexcracer2
06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
buy my banshee for 4200. fully modded. runs 90 to 95.

06-09-2006, 10:19 PM
blaster: rofl... doesnt compare

quadzilla: suzuki sucks

banshee: go for it, they rock

xtullyx16
06-09-2006, 11:06 PM
so how does the 250r compare to the banshee?? stock for stock?? which is faster,durability,mx riding, and gncc riding?

250r4life
06-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Crath
blaster: rofl... doesnt compare

quadzilla: suzuki sucks

banshee: go for it, they rock

lol- i cant beleive people are taking me seriously about my suggestion for a blaster... thats awesome

250r4life
06-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
so how does the 250r compare to the banshee?? stock for stock?? which is faster,durability,mx riding, and gncc riding?

um, i guess it depends on the scenario...

as far as mx, the 250r hands down... i was so surprised what a difference it was... back in 2002 when i bought my R, i had a banshee as well and loved it... my buddy had an R and it was a sick bike, and i had a chance to pick up a stock original 89 R for $2k, so i figured worst case scenario i didnt like it, i could always sell it and double my money... so i threw a pipe and rad valve and filter and what not on my R, and headed out to the track with both my banshee and my R... my banhsee had works shocks as well... anyhow... i 1st rode the R a few laps around the track, and then i rode the banshee a few laps... and then the banshee set at the truck the rest of the day... i could go more than double the laps on my R that i could on my banshee before getting worn out... it had so much more bottom end, but still had that top end... and it was definately lighter and was a better jumper, all though i could soar pretty good on my banshee as well... those shocks were great...

so i was leaning towards keeping the R and selling the banshee, but i wanted to wait and see how i liked the R at the dunes... same story, just a different environment...

dont get me wrong i loved my banshee and would love to have a banshee right now... i just liked the R better, and the fact that i would only have to fix 1 of everything when stuff broke definately was appealing as well...

as far as speed, um, going up the hill at the dunes, my R would pull it faster and would win... on the flats, however, the banshee would win... obviously switching the gearing up on my banshee could affect how it would pull comp hill...

banshees are fast, and with mods, can be made pretty much untouchable except to other banshees...

stock for stock engine, both with pipes and filters, i dont think there is too much difference in speed... durability/reliability, i think R takes the cake, although now 17 years later thats not neccesarily the case, as its hard to find an R that hasnt been beaten on and already messed up... so considering there are banshees up to 06 and Rs only up to 89, if you find a good banshee that hasnt been jacked with and take good care of it, it should be just fine for durablility...

bombsquad72
06-13-2006, 12:16 AM
im in the process of buying a banshee now i had a 250r quadracer and i out ran lots of banshee's ...allthough if ur trail rideing stay away from a quadracer fouls plugs constantly

250r4life
06-13-2006, 12:34 PM
fouling plugs is on a case by case basis... just depends on the bike and how you have it set up... and how you ride it...

i think ive fouled one plug on my 250r...

i would say stay away from the quadracer anyhow though...