PDA

View Full Version : Tighten chain on lt250r

nyrider02
06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
How do you tighten the chain on a 92 lt250r..all help appreicated .. thanx

LTandRaptorider
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Loosen the four bolts that hold the carrier tight. Bolt head on top, nut on bottom. So a wrench and socket are needed. After loosening the four bolts... loosen the outer nut on the two studs sticking out of the back of the swingarm. The outer nut is the locking nut. Then, tighten or loosen the remaining nut, depending on whether you need to loosen or tighten the chain. On top of the axle carrier, you will see lines on each side... Also you will see a line on the carrier itself. These lines are to be kept lined up to keep your axle straight. There are several lines on top of the axle carrier since the carrier will move as you adjust. Make sure you line up the same line on both sides to the corresponding line on top of the carrier. After making your adjustment, replace the locking nut, then retighten the four carrier bolts. I don't remember the torque spec on them, about 45-Ft/Lbs on the smaller diameter bolt, and 75-Ft/Lbs on the larger diameter bolts I think. Hope this wasn't too confusing... Suzuki came up with the WORST chain adjustment systems on the LTs!!! I was sooo happy when I put a Lonestar swingarm on my LT!! :p

Thank God the chain adjsutment on the new LT is very simple and easy... ;)

LTandRaptorider
06-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, did ya get the chain adjusted? :confused: