PDA

View Full Version : Predator rebuild shop???

Dune Surfer
06-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Well my 03 Pred is getting a little tired. Still runs, but doesn't have the snap it used to. Still burns no oil. I'm thinking it's time to sell or rebuild. I would like to send it out to get built, but I don't know where. I live in southern Cal but could ship it anywhere.

Any ideas where I could find a good rebuild shop???

calds650
06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
http://www.nicholascycle.com/

he is the best for Polaris lots of R&D

wolffie
06-05-2006, 05:06 PM
^^^ i second that! tons of people have had their engines rebuilt or bored out from him. Doug is a really cool guy to talk to as well. also, i dont know what you were thinking about doing, but check out www.predatorowners.com for some suggestions on what size motor you want. seems people are leaning towards 558s nowadays.

Dune Surfer
06-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Wow,
talk about sticker shock!!!
I'm sure he is great, but I work for a living. I'm not trying to get a ton of extra power. Just want it as good as new or slightly better.

preddymoto
06-09-2006, 08:32 AM
What i did is talk to the mechanic at the POLARIS dealer and asked him if he was interested in making some extra cash. i bought all the parts and he built my motor at my house. Plus i had to buy a bottle of Crown Royal for after the job. I also had to let him ride it when she was all done. Works out. He gets some extra cash and i get a professionally built motor for really cheap.

wolffie
06-09-2006, 10:11 AM
^^ talk about a good deal:D that is pretty cool mechanic you must know. Dune Surfer, if you know a reliable person at your Polaris Dealership, mabey you could rig up a deal like preddymoto.

Dune Surfer
06-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I have done rebuilds myself in the past. (With mixed results)LOL.
So I could rebuild my pred, I just don't have the time . I'll do something soon.

calds650
06-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Might try All American out in Ramona they just pick up Polaris.

Dune Surfer
06-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by calds650
Might try All American out in Ramona they just pick up Polaris.

Thanks for the tip, I couldn't find them. Is it all american motorcycle? Racing? ?? do you have a phone number or web address??

calds650
06-10-2006, 08:31 PM
http://www.allamericanktm.com/