PDA

View Full Version : Front Suspension rebuilds

wolffie
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
hey guys, i have an 05 TLD Pred with Fox podium shocks (and rezzies)

i was hitting a 30ft double that gets about 10-14ft of height for around 15minutes (probable 20 jumps or so) on the last jump, i shot out a little farther down the landing than expected, and landed pretty hard. oil shot out of the top part of the shock. i knew i blew the seal out for sure! mind you, it was only in the right one.

so i realize i need a new seal, but i figure i would just send them some where to get rebuilt back to stock standards. i got a price quote from a company for $75 a shock (which includes the seals and labor i believe) does anyone have a preference on a specific company for rebuilding shocks? thanks:)

01 400EXer
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Try Shane at wolfpackracing.com. He knows his stuff and will treat you well.

440_Turtle
06-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Ive heard good things abotu Laz at www.gtthunder.com he redid mine and i cant comment on them since i havent rode on them yet

yellowzo3
06-05-2006, 03:41 PM
im not sure exactly where to get them done but if your getting them rebuilt you might as well get them done for your weight and riding terrain and style...you said you blew a seal when doing a jump..chances are if you get them revalved to the stock specs again it will eventually happen again..so i say if your going to be doing jumps and stuff tell them that and see what they about rebuilding them to some different specs. hope that helps