PDA

View Full Version : New Quad?!!?

WickedATVer
06-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I plan to make at least 8,000 at good paying summer job and would REALLY like a NEW quad. I'm tired of things being played with already. What should I buy if i want a newer quad? I take mx racing seriously and like quads that slide in the corners and have good low to mid power. I have a 400ex and could mod the daylight out of it but, eh kinda want to do something differant WHAT DOES anyone and everyone think?

Any descusion and advise is appreciated :D

Raptor350yamaha
06-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you should get a ltr450

06-05-2006, 12:41 PM
LTR450 or the YFZ450

bwilliams37
06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Go with the YFZ450 they have better low end power than an LTR

450r51
06-05-2006, 12:46 PM
if you want the best engine get the honda.

if you want to spend the least amount of money and still have a kick *** mx quad get the suzuki.

if you want junk get the yammie.

WickedATVer
06-05-2006, 12:49 PM
I know i was almost sure for a while that i wanted a ltr F.I. is really appealing I know it lacks just a little bit on the low end but the smooth delivery of F.I. still sounds good but, the ltr is still a first year quad and after market parts and the quad itself is still being developed where the yfz has already proven itself a little bit. My personal joice was between the ltr and yfz so we're heading in the right direction. keep talkin:D

06-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Never rode the LTR so im not going to say anything about it.

YFZ- Low , good mid to low power, "punchy" powerband. Better for MX IMO

TRX- taller feeling than the YFZ, smooth power, not as punchy more of a trail bike IMO

Thats in stock form, when you modify the bikes its going to be different.

Mean250r
06-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
if you want the best engine get the honda.

if you want to spend the least amount of money and still have a kick *** mx quad get the suzuki.

if you want junk get the yammie.
your junk you panzy

JRP
06-05-2006, 01:15 PM
i like my honda 450r alot. I think the power is really good for mx. I pull on my friends ltr and my friends yfz, but they dont have as much skills as me. haha, id say ride em all and YOU choose what YOU want.

WickedATVer
06-05-2006, 01:30 PM
NO BRAND BASHING PLEASE!

In a perfect world i would really like all three lined up and be able to make countless laps on a track to be able to pick but, at a dealship how much do they let you ride if you are interested? Are they going to stand there and watch you the whole time while you pass back and forth in the parking lot?

DieselBoy
06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
My vote goes to the YFZ450. Definately consider it.

trick250r
06-05-2006, 03:20 PM
honda - SOHC (allows for different valve angles) best engine
- worst suspension.
- likes to square up the turns

yamaha - DOHC mid-pack engine
- not quite as good as the ltr
- likes to be slid through the turns

suzuki - DOHC worst (out of the 450's)
- best suspension
- can be slid easily through the turns

if you ride by sliding through the turns, get a yamaha or a suzuki. you'll have to change your riding style to ride the honda as fast because it likes to be squared up.

derekhonda
06-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by WickedATVer
I plan to make at least 8,000 at good paying summer job and would REALLY like a NEW quad. I'm tired of things being played with already. What should I buy if i want a newer quad? I take mx racing seriously and like quads that slide in the corners and have good low to mid power. I have a 400ex and could mod the daylight out of it but, eh kinda want to do something differant WHAT DOES anyone and everyone think?

Any descusion and advise is appreciated :D

Sounds like you ought to just drop out of school. If you can pull in 8 grand over 2.5 months thats a pretty good job.

I am kidding of course, how does a 15 year old make 8 grand in a summer, I am very curious.

WickedATVer
06-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Deal with a buddy of mine i met last summer racing. He has boats and he need people to work on them raking see weed of all things and he swears that if I bust my *** working like he tells me i can we can literaly rake in 2,000 in a heavy week of work. I know it sounds a little funny that what i thought last year when he told me but next year he told me again so I'm going to do it. So next year when i turn 16 I can have a solid racing quad to race with NE-ATV. Going to stay in school evan if i've found riches already :p

300ex_#387
06-05-2006, 03:56 PM
When you ask what other people think on here your always going to get someone saying get this and another person saying get this. They may give you good information and help out, but your best bet would be to go out and try and test ride all 3. It's the only way you can be sure its what your are most comfortable with.

WickedATVer
06-05-2006, 04:13 PM
I know do dealerships let you take them out? evan if they do I won't be able top seriously jump them either that or convince some one to let me ride theirs (hey dude can I just go ride your quad) j/w How many people would let some one ride their quad? I know i still have to go with what i prefer I just like to get as many differant veiws as possible:D

DieselBoy
06-05-2006, 05:08 PM
This may be wrong but I've never seen test ride a new machine... I don't know how many dealer's will allow it but around here they don't seem to allow it, unless ofcourse there is a demo of some sort.

WickedATVer
06-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Yah my thought too I'd ehave to find some one that would let me try their machine out.

DieselBoy
06-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, cause if you think about it, they usually only have the ones in the showroom there, and the rest are in crates still. Plus, once the motors been run, it's not exactly "new" anymore making them sell it as a demo/other...

Ruby Soho
06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
wait and see what the KFX450 has to offer

DieselBoy
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
wait and see what the KFX450 has to offer

Any idea when the KFX450 is being released?

06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Id say Septemeberish.

WickedATVer
06-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Yah I saw that I would like to when its coming out too. Kawa is a little behind in the 450 rush though it would have to blow me away to make it a consideration.