PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem. Need help asap

supermans400ex
06-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I have a 2003 400ex well i didn't ride the 4wheeler hardly any during the winter (hunting) well when i do decide to get it out, it takes a while before it cranks. I drained alot of the gas out and run some 93 octane through it, but its run fine just will not idle at all. I recently had a white brothers r4 pipe on it but have taken it off and put everything back stock (jet,pipe,head pipe) but i don't see why that would of messed it up. I would like to get this problem fixed pretty soon if possible. I have also sprayed carb and choke cleaner in the carb.

Chino886
06-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by supermans400ex
I have a 2003 400ex well i didn't ride the 4wheeler hardly any during the winter (hunting) well when i do decide to get it out, it takes a while before it cranks. I drained alot of the gas out and run some 93 octane through it, but its run fine just will not idle at all. I recently had a white brothers r4 pipe on it but have taken it off and put everything back stock (jet,pipe,head pipe) but i don't see why that would of messed it up. I would like to get this problem fixed pretty soon if possible. I have also sprayed carb and choke cleaner in the carb.

did you give the battery a fresh charge?

bwamos
06-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Pull off the carb and hose it down with some carb cleaner, make sure to squirt it through all holes & jets. You probably just didn't break loose the stuff in the tiny pilot circuit if you just squirted it into the choke area.

Sounds like some fuel got gummed up inside your pilot/idle circuit.

GPracer2500
06-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Pull off the carb and hose it down with some carb cleaner, make sure to squirt it through all holes & jets. You probably just didn't break loose the stuff in the tiny pilot circuit if you just squirted it into the choke area.

Sounds like some fuel got gummed up inside your pilot/idle circuit.

+1

use compressed air too, if you've got it

Chino886
06-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
did you give the battery a fresh charge?

Sorry, just reread your post, missed the part that you said it will run, just not idle.

idontknowwhoiam
06-05-2006, 01:36 PM
crank your idle a 1/2 turn or turn?

supermans400ex
06-06-2006, 06:03 AM
Took the carb off and hose it down real good with carb cleaner. She runs like new now. Thanks for all the input.

ohsobad_chevy
06-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by supermans400ex
Took the carb off and hose it down real good with carb cleaner. She runs like new now. Thanks for all the input.

HOOOAH!!! Thats what we like to hear!! :D