PDA

View Full Version : private property riding complaints!

mole97
06-05-2006, 03:16 AM
:mad: Just have to vent for a second, and to also see how everyone else feels. Long story short, I have a friend who just purchased a house in upstate new york, (4 acres) and the nearest neighbor is a good quarter mile down the road. purposely bought a house with some land, just so he can buzz around and have some fun when we are not at a track for some weekend. FIRST DAY riding up and down HIS driveway some guy comes yelling I've been living up here on WEEKENDS fo r10 years and the last thing I want to hear is your obnoxius bike!!!:eek2: WEEKENDS??!!! WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD RIGHT? It wasn't 12:00 at night ,not 2 in the morning, it was mid afternoon. What is going on in this f'n world!!I told him i gaurantee he will be getting a letter in the mail for this one! he has a new honda. STOCK!! I just dont get it? What is this world comin to? next we wont be aloud to cut our lawns,weedwack, chainsaw? It's my belief that somehow, someway manufacturers,in some way are gonna have to get involved with states and legislatures,to do something about giving us somewhere to ride. sorry for the long post,but this crap with some ***@(*es always ruins my day!:grr: just wondering how it is in other states? I know some cities are having problems too, but this is getting out of hand.

Latemodel32
06-05-2006, 05:22 AM
I'd tell his NEIGHBOR to F'off,So if you can't ride a dirt bike there don't even think about throwing a PARTY.I Hate Neighbor's mine are always trespassing on my 30 arce's

MR.BIG
06-05-2006, 07:37 AM
If the town doesn't have a noise ordinance tell the neighbor to get lost and take it deep!:blah:

zedicus00
06-05-2006, 08:01 AM
at the place i use to live at i let my gf ride her blaster (stock pipe mind you) up and down our alley, well a guy down the street called her in and the cop shows up to talk to me.... as im talking to the cop i fire up the blaster to sho him how loud it is and the guy that called me in goes riding buy on his harley... cop told me to be sure and make sure my gf is whareing a helmet and to have a nice day.

gbcap
06-05-2006, 09:51 AM
he moved into thier neighbor hood. he should respect them in a way. at the same time the neighbors need to be nice about it at first and only ask him to ride at certain times. he can't do that much riding on 4 acres so it isn't like he is going to be out there for 5 hours at a time.

in MD there is noise ordances that prohibit fourwheelers from riding if you can hear the exhaust at the property line at more then 65 db's. this excludes chainsaws, weedwackers...the whole nine yards but atv's and dirtbikes.

one of our neighbors gave me **** one day saying my bike was too loud....so me and my friend took our 2 stroke chain saw and weedwacker right over to the property line and ran them off an on for 3 hours straight. needless to say the neighbors haven't said a word since.

my family has lived on the same property for 70 years and had offroad vehicles the whole time. so THEY moved into MY neighborhood so don't f**k with me. i will make your life a living hell the LEGAL way.

i don't ride before 11am and after 7pm on most days except for a few occasions. so don't get on my back about this and it won't bother you that much.

06-05-2006, 09:56 AM
it is his land and it doesn't sound like there would be any noise ordinances since housing is that far apart. he should check for any noise ordinances first and then if there are not any, ride at respectible times. he can simply, and in a nice manner, explain to the neighbor that he is on his own property and he is allowed to do as he pleases with his property

CHEVYZ
06-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Haha, so I don't have to feel alone with the PITA neighbors, eh? I actually had something similar to zedicus00's story, but it was my friend and an RC car. He was driving around his yard, neighbor got pissed, a cop showed up. To our luck, the cop who showed up had one as well, he had a Savage. Instead of telling us a thing, he became interested in what we had and talked to us for a while. Told us good day, and left without a warning or anything of that sort. We just laughed our asses off and kept it going. I KNOW they had to have felt pretty bad after that one! I don't mean to be some disrespecting angry guy, if they would have come over and politely asked us to drive somewhere else or at another time, we would have stopped and considered somewhere else to go. BUT, when they just call the police on us and want to pick at something, we can do things back!

yellowzo3
06-05-2006, 10:17 AM
he was driving the rc car on his OWN yard? if so im suprised the cop even bothered to show up for a call in like that...thats ridiculous...but back to the original story...i would try to talk to the neighbor and tell him you dont mean any harm...and if hes only there on weekends and no one else cares about the noise...maybe he can ride during the week a little more...but some people are impossible to work with so you never know

CHEVYZ
06-05-2006, 11:24 AM
In his OWN yard, yes. The neighbors that he has are total asses and cannot stand him. It is nitro and it is a little loud, but not anything more than say a lawn mower or weed-eater. :ermm:

deathman53
06-05-2006, 11:29 AM
people need to stop being ridiculas, there is a guy that lives where I live and he calls the cops everytime I ride my street legal xr250, he also calls on 2 others that have harleys!!!! He was told several times by the cops to stop calling and that all of the bikes were looked at and are perfectly legal and they can't find anything wrong with them. He still calls, look at the people who moved into the houses near gliddens and sarco, when these people moved in, the noise complaints shoot up skyward and the cops began ticketing after so many complaints where they HAD to do something. I seen it myself a quad came out of a trail and he turned around and left, the home owner saw this and called the cops, the quad was around for less than 1 minute.
This is were most of your noise complaints come from, raceway park is a another great example, it has been around for 60? years, complaints started coming in when the houses on union hill road were built and the original owners had to sign a waiver that they knew raceway park was there. The developers ever went so far to send people past raceway park as directions to the sales office!!!! If you know its there and don't like it, DON'T MOVE THERE.

NorCalRacer
06-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Neighbors don't tell you what to do on your own property, jerks who happen to live close-by do. Being a neighbor means conveying respect. I went through this with my two stroke when i was sixteen and ended up having a lot of middle of the night rides until the people shut up. Worked like a charm:macho
What's the point of owning property if you can't enjoy it?

06-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Neighbors don't tell you what to do on your own property, jerks who happen to live close-by do. Being a neighbor means conveying respect. I went through this with my two stroke when i was sixteen and ended up having a lot of middle of the night rides until the people shut up. Worked like a charm:macho
What's the point of owning property if you can't enjoy it?
I agree. If you are on your own property people cant do anything or say anything.
But I wouldnt ride at night because people have to work.

NorCalRacer
06-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I agree and respect peoples right to sleep, but not when they move in and tell me what to do. Also, the loser who complained has never worked a day in his life and just wanted to sleep in more often. I think everyone should be respectful unless given a good reason not too. Live and let live....

DieselBoy
06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by gbcap

one of our neighbors gave me **** one day saying my bike was too loud....so me and my friend took our 2 stroke chain saw and weedwacker right over to the property line and ran them off an on for 3 hours straight. needless to say the neighbors haven't said a word since.

LMFAO!!!!!

I've done the same thing! My neighbors come over and tear a strip off me when I'm cutting my friggin lawn. They say my lawn tractor and the weed wacker is much too loud, and they told me to put it away, and consider an electric lawnmower. I laughed and said if you don't like noise, you better consider moving NOW! and walked away before I did snap. I then ran the lawnmower and weed wacker full tilt constantly for about a week everytime I cut extended my cut times almost double, and they've said nothing since. :D

06-05-2006, 03:28 PM
i get the cops called on me everytime i ride around here (same old ***** calling the cops everytime)

ilpadrino113
06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
my neighbor is a sherrif and another neighbor always called the cops when i was riding on my own land. My neighbor the sherrif, who also owns quads, tore the guy a new one after about the 5th time he called the cops. Then he came to me and told me to make sure i kept the revs up while passing their house. They are complete dirtbags and live off of wellfare. Don't get me wrong i'm all for government assistance, but living off of it for 15 years so u can sit on yer *** is just taking advantage of the system.

AtvMxRider
06-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
that he is on his own property and he is allowed to do as he pleases with his property

NOT if it bothers somebody else. It sucks but the neighbor can put a stop to the riding if he wants. The best thing to do is be respectful and and don't tell him to F off.

mole97
06-05-2006, 05:30 PM
He did not say anything rude to the guy,but he basically said I didn't move here to make friends,i have enough of them,but he would have been nice about it, and even talked to the guy and tell him it's not like he's gonna be havin races and 10 people at a time,but the guy didn't even give him a chance. he came up to the house all hell bent and that's what bothers me. you want people to be nice,than be nice yourself;) He came with an instant attitude,so thats what makes this a bad situation. there'.s got to be a happy medium. I could go on for day's about this, but basically,i hope things get worked out.:(

AtvMxRider
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by mole97
He did not say anything rude to the guy,but he basically said I didn't move here to make friends,i have enough of them,but he would have been nice about it, and even talked to the guy and tell him it's not like he's gonna be havin races and 10 people at a time,but the guy didn't even give him a chance. he came up to the house all hell bent and that's what bothers me. you want people to be nice,than be nice yourself;) He came with an instant attitude,so thats what makes this a bad situation. there'.s got to be a happy medium. I could go on for day's about this, but basically,i hope things get worked out.:(

Trust me I feel for you but that is just the way it is these days. Seems like you can't do anything these days without some azzwhipe saying something about it.

06-05-2006, 07:15 PM
One time I was at my friends house messing around on the quads and the neighbor came out and said I'm calling the cops if you guys touch the quads again. So I kept revving it until he went in. :D

G Impala 63n70
06-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I have no problems in my neighborhood because i help everyone out and am nice t o people, except for a cop who lives down my road who yelled at me forever everytime ripped down the road with something, which was right for him to do, but then he saw that me and police dont get along and saw some family and freind history and no longer bothers me. Respeck without sayin a word

06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
i get the cops called on me everytime i ride around here (same old ***** calling the cops everytime)

****in ***** called the cops on me today and i got 2 $75.00 and have to appear in court!!!!:mad: :mad: wile i was out there 2 more kids got tickets too but im the only one who has to appear in court!
riding this
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1343/dscf00024ie.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

gets you this
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9608/dscf00014oc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

redlineranger
06-05-2006, 10:08 PM
i have the same problems..... the old *** hag that lives beside me wants to come over here and get in my face and tell me that im not gonna ride and make noise. and i tell him to F off and go cut some grass(he's anal about his yard, being perfect).. but anyways when ever me and exboy go to ride its the end of the world, but when his grandkids come over with there loud *** 2stroke dirtbikes and 4wheeler its ok for them to rev it up and ride wheelies. if me and exboy do that he wants to cuss us out and tell us what he's gonna do about it. all of this happened just a couple a weeks ago. he put his hands on exboy and took his keys to the 4wheeler and walked off, but unlucky for him he forgot about my dad. my dads one of the quiet types of people that will beat the living f*ck out of anyone who messes with him or any of his family or friends. and he heard about it when he got home and went over there and was real close to stompin his ***(he said he didnt cus he didnt want to go to jail today).

but anyways sorry about the long post i need to vent about this to, because you cant even crank it up to ride it up and down ur driveway with out cops being called. i know how ya feel man.

06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i have the same problems..... the old *** hag that lives beside me wants to come over here and get in my face and tell me that im not gonna ride and make noise. and i tell him to F off and go cut some grass(he's anal about his yard, being perfect).. but anyways when ever me and exboy go to ride its the end of the world, but when his grandkids come over with there loud *** 2stroke dirtbikes and 4wheeler its ok for them to rev it up and ride wheelies. if me and exboy do that he wants to cuss us out and tell us what he's gonna do about it. all of this happened just a couple a weeks ago. he put his hands on exboy and took his keys to the 4wheeler and walked off, but unlucky for him he forgot about my dad. my dads one of the quiet types of people that will beat the living f*ck out of anyone who messes with him or any of his family or friends. and he heard about it when he got home and went over there and was real close to stompin his ***(he said he didnt cus he didnt want to go to jail today).

but anyways sorry about the long post i need to vent about this to, because you cant even crank it up to ride it up and down ur driveway with out cops being called. i know how ya feel man.

i know man it pisses me off so bad! The only place i have to ride on and i get 2 tickets for riding on it!:mad:

Toadz400
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
****in ***** called the cops on me today and i got 2 $75.00 and have to appear in court!!!!:mad: :mad: wile i was out there 2 more kids got tickets too but im the only one who has to appear in court!

What were you doing?

06-06-2006, 12:38 AM
riding down a dirt road to my friends house OMG THAT PISSES ME OFF SO BAD THAT I HAVE TO GO TO COURT!:mad:

06-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
NOT if it bothers somebody else. It sucks but the neighbor can put a stop to the riding if he wants. The best thing to do is be respectful and and don't tell him to F off.

if it is not illegal, ithe activity cannot be stopped. i have neighbors that mow, cut trees, etc when i am trying to sleep during the day( i work nights at times). do i go ask them to quit because is bothers me? no, it is their property and they have the right to do what ever legal activity they want to.

i live about a half a mile from a race track. the cars are very loud and they run on sunday nights. sometimes until after 11 pm, then there is an hours or so worth of traffic. that is bothersome when it keeps us up. my wife gets up for work before 5 am and i have a 4 yr old daughter. do i have the right to ask them to quit running the races? no, i do not. there is no noise ordinance. no law that would make the racing illegal. we just have to live with it. a good neighbor would realize this.

on the other hand, the people that live over a hlaf mile away that set off fireworks that rattle my house at 1 am are another story. the size of fireworks they are setting off are illegal in PA and i have called the police on them

TacomaNC4X4
06-06-2006, 08:27 PM
make it louder, he cant do ****..its durin the day and your on your own land

AtvMxRider
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
if it is not illegal, ithe activity cannot be stopped.

Oh yes it can, If it is bothering your neighbors they can make you stop if you don't think so call your Sherrif and ask him

06-07-2006, 12:29 PM
they can ask you to stop, they cannot make you stop

AtvMxRider
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
they can ask you to stop, they cannot make you stop

And I am telling you if your neighbors complain they CAN MAKE YOU stop. Don't believe me call and ask.

Iliketogofast
06-07-2006, 01:39 PM
The Dr. Evil guy is right, it can be stopped... But don't think that there isn't anything that you can do about it. That fire burns both ways.

At the house I used to live at, I used to have a stock 250EX with the baffle out, cause back then I thought it was cool to be loud (I was like twelve, and it wasn't that loud anyway). I don't mainly ride on my own property, I usually go to spots, but we had a lot of land so every once and a while I would take it out for a ride. I did this with no incident for a very long time until a new family moved in down the street from us who would come down and complain and eventually called the cops.

They actually told me that I couldn't ride it anymore unless I could make it quieter... And I had lost the baffle. What really got me was that even with it out, it was still quieter than any lawnmower.

Anyway, that pissed me off pretty good so after that, every time these people would make a ruckus, like if they had loud music or even if theywere having a party I would have my mom call the cops.

It didn't take long for them to move out after I started with that.

DieselBoy
06-07-2006, 01:56 PM
There's those kinds of people to who, simply have nothing better to do than make your life hell, those are usually called "your neighbors":blah:

exrider008
06-07-2006, 02:14 PM
i LOVE were i live no one ever calls the cops on me and my HMF is load as hell so i gess my neighbors r cool with me riding.

06-07-2006, 02:34 PM
there has to be an ordinance against noise for the police to take action. if ther eis an ordinance or it is zoned as low noise, then the police can take action. no ordinance or no zoning, no action can be taken.

my guess is that you guys live where in a residential area where ther are noise ordinances. by the description, the original post may not. i do not and there would be no way a sheriff could force me to not run my atv on my property

Toadz400
06-07-2006, 04:30 PM
there has to be an ordinance against noise for the police to take action. if ther eis an ordinance or it is zoned as low noise, then the police can take action. no ordinance or no zoning, no action can be taken.

my guess is that you guys live where in a residential area where ther are noise ordinances. by the description, the original post may not. i do not and there would be no way a sheriff could force me to not run my atv on my property

Yea, same out here. We live in BFE and I have all relatives that live around me. Eventually a young couple with a baby moved in down the street and now they think they own the place. Haven't been able to take midnight rides since:grr: . Oh well, I could do it and piss them off but I'm just not that mean. There really is nothing they could do about it, all my riding here is done on private land in woods.

06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
There's those kinds of people to who, simply have nothing better to do than make your life hell, those are usually called "your neighbors":blah:

HELL YEA!!!! that old hag does nothing but watch me when im riding then calls the cops

06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I think its funny you guys think oh its my property so I can be as loud as I want on it and just ride when I want and stuff.. actually if you get the cops called to your property 3 times or more they then have the option to impound your atv for noise or anything.. I live in a subdivision is Missouri and I own about 10 acres I ride the creek and dried creek beds alot and my neighbors all respect that I have fun and do not sit there and rev up my quad and give it hell and be annoying like some people... neighbors usually dont get mad if you dont sit there and do stupid stuff like roast off tires or rev ur atv up, I have 21 neighbors in my subdivision and have owned atv's for 8 years now and have got 1 cop call and that was when I was 16 on my brand new 350 raptor and was trying a stoppie that my freind tried teaching me and flipped my quad end over end and landed upside down until a neighbor called police and got them to remove the quad off top of me... I was so scared sittin there tryin to push 380 pounds over from on my back luckily I was right where the seat and the ground have a space between them otherwise I would definitly be dead... :ermm: darn for you guys IM NOT..

gbcap
06-08-2006, 05:57 AM

it is called a neusense. there doesn't have to be a law. if the neighbors called...and the cop agrees with them that it is an unnecessary neusense they CAN make you stop. TRUST ME. I was a firefighter in PA for 3 years so I got to be good friends with plenty of PA cops. there doesn't have to be a LAW for them to make you stop. they can twist a current law to make you stop.

it sucks, wish it wasn't so but it is. I luckily have good neighbors in MD cause they don't really mess with me too much! they realize i was here before they were and i don't make it a problem. i ride maybe once a week...for no more then an hour or two and then I am done. If someone can't deal with that...its pretty sad on their part.