PDA

View Full Version : FCR tuning once again!

400exRacerX
08-11-2002, 05:35 PM
Well I went to jack frost yesterday with my 416. Its running extremely lean.

I got a fcr39mm carb as most of you know. 185 main jet, needle on 4th groove, and air screw is pretty far out.

Now I am thinking to myself a 185 is way too big for my setup. So I think were my problem is, is the air mixture screw.

Now let me get this straight, When the screw is all the way in its at its leanest point and when its all the way out its at its richest point?

Let me know how far out you guys air running your air mixture screws. i never counted the turns I just stopped tunring the screw whent the bike ran the best.

Norm

oynot400
08-11-2002, 08:39 PM
To tell the truth, I haven't messed with the fuel mixture screw. I was running a 170 main, not sure about the pilot. It was working ok but with the hot, humid weather we have been having has made it run like crap. I dropped down to a 165 and it runs great now. :macho
I would guess that at 185 is way too rich for a 416, then again each machine is a little different. What I did the last time I messed with it I would try to rev it up, in neutral. If will not rev up very fast and does not hit the rev limiter, then it is too rich. I could fine tune it a little closer, and probable should. But it runs great now! If is isn't broke don't fix it. :devil