PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki LT80 will not start

etex211
06-04-2006, 05:28 PM
I've got a Suzuki LT-80 that will not start. My problem started out as a dead battery. I hooked my battery charger to the battery and used the boost on it to try to get the thing started. It turned over, then quit. Now, it will not turn over at all. All you hear is a click from somewhere.

I think that I probably burned up the starter with the booster. I've already removed the starter, but before I order another one, I wanted to see if there are any more possibilities. I traced the wire from the starter, and if I followed it correctly, it went to some kind of relay (or something) that sits just behind the battery.

Is there anything else that I need to check before I order this starter?

Thanks.

firefighterjosh
06-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Is there a fuse anywhere that could be blown? Also on the relay take a screw driver and touch the 2 posts together and this will over ride it. If it starts it is your relay.

etex211
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I found the answer to my problem posted on another forum. There is a reset switch located inside the right rear fender. I just pushed it to reset it, and everything now works fine. I sure wish I had found that tip before I went to the trouble to remove the starter.

Thanks for the info, Josh.

LT80
06-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Josh: FYI: there is no solenoid to jump across on a LT80. The relay is a black box. :)

firefighterjosh
06-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by LT80
Josh: FYI: there is no solenoid to jump across on a LT80. The relay is a black box. :)

Learn something new everyday!:D