PDA

View Full Version : taking off fan

tltcracing
06-04-2006, 05:27 PM
I have read up on this but was wandering if any of you guys who took off the fans have changed your minds. I run mx on sandy and hard packed tracks, hardly ever in mud, and the only times im going slow is going and sitting on the starting gate. so if you have any opions of horror stories please post.

Scro
06-04-2006, 05:39 PM
The only time mine has ever overheated was during summer last year. We were cutting a new trail, the bike was being ran and revved but we weren't really going anywhere. At the time, I had the fan off. Since then I have put the fan back on, wired it to run all the time, and it hasn't overheated since.

However, on an MX track you will not be riding it like this for long periods of time. Most people take there fans off, if it is being used for MX.

pudamac12
06-04-2006, 06:16 PM
It really isn't a good idea. it really doesn't weigh that much and the extra protection is worth it.

tltcracing
06-05-2006, 10:15 AM
anyone else have any other info for me. oh and p.s. i live in florida so its freaken hot all the time but i dont know if that would mater becouse im alwase moving pretty fast.

GIXXER1KR
06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Honda put it there for a reason!!!!!!!!MX or not!!!!!!!!

400exrider707
06-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Almost every racer who isn't a novice or local racer (MX only Im talking about) has them removed from what I can see. I have no need to take mine off because I just dont feel like it and I always always stress the utmost in reliability...which is why I have no DNF's two years running..:cool:

tltcracing
06-06-2006, 10:29 AM
ok guys i made up my mind, im keeping it on. when i looked it up befor most guys said take it off but you all changed my mind. thanks for the input and advice.