PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Quick!!

tfs411
06-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I put the cherry bomb in and was removing the spark arrestor when I ran into a problem. I rounded the hex inside one of the three bolts that hold the endcap on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove that bolt?

Thanks guys

tomkfx700
06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
clamp onto it with vise grips.

firefighterjosh
06-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by tomkfx700
clamp onto it with vise grips.

From what I remember is that you can not get to it with vice grips. Try using a left handed drill bit. (think thats what it is called) if that dosen't work you may have to drill it out. Also what I have done in the past is cut a slit in the bolt head and use a big flat head screw driver.

INFANTRY RACING
06-04-2006, 04:33 PM
either try forcing a larger allen key in or drill the head off the bolt. those endcap bolts are a pain to break loose

tfs411
06-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Well gentlemen, I tried several of the above suggestions, wore out a couple of tips trying to cut a slot for a screwdriver, and in the end just cut out part of the endcap so that I could use needlenose vice grips. Didn't want to do it but I figure I'll be getting a Yosh exhaust soon anyway.
Thanks for the suggestions

Robin Hood
06-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Use a screw extractor. Drill a hole into the bolt, then pound the extractor in and use an adjustable wrench to twist the extractor. It's reverse threaded so as you twist it one way, it will back it out the other.

DezSled
06-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Take your pipe to a good tig welder. Use an old allen wrench that you don't mind throwing away. Have the allen wrench welded into the stripped out allen head, much like in the thread 'problem solutions after a bail' below. Try it - it just might work and might work on other problems you may encounter in the future. Good luck

MastaJuggla
06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Use a screw extractor. Drill a hole into the bolt, then pound the extractor in and use an adjustable wrench to twist the extractor. It's reverse threaded so as you twist it one way, it will back it out the other.

Yup, I did the same thing... stripped the bolt went to ace and asked for an easy out (screw extractor). The bolt was out in 5 seconds.

goldrims04
06-19-2006, 06:56 PM
same thing happened to me and i had to drill it out