PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound good?

redlineranger
06-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Ok, I myself prefer 4wheels over 2. But, I've been wanting to buy a used 125 to learn on and maybe race... my dad has this guy that works for him selling a 1995 yz125. He said it was bought new back then, and that all he did was put around on his dads farm with it. That it was never raced, or even ridden hard around the farm. The motor, frame, plastics etc. are in good condition from what I have been told. He said I could get it for under $1,000, im hoping in the $500-$750 range. Do you think this is a good deal, and what would you pay for it?

Sorry such long of a post, I just dont know much about dirtbikes.

derekhonda
06-03-2006, 09:26 PM
700 Bucks would be a great deal for that bike if you could get it for that. If it is in excellent shape with a recent rebuild it might be worth $1000. Either way, 125's are old news, especially one that is 12 years old. They are fun bikes though...

redlineranger
06-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
700 Bucks would be a great deal for that bike if you could get it for that. If it is in excellent shape with a recent rebuild it might be worth $1000. Either way, 125's are old news, especially one that is 12 years old. They are fun bikes though...

i know what you sayin man.... but it would be a bike that i would hold on to, incase the 4wheeler tore up i'd have something to ride. and i could fix it up for a little bit of $$... i know there old news but i could have fun on a 125 for ever. im gonna get it if its in the shape he says its in, and if the price is right.

Holsh
06-03-2006, 11:15 PM
I would get that 125 for what you have said. I have riden them before and they are fun and sometime on the ground a lot.:D but yea I would buy it

miller821
06-03-2006, 11:34 PM
If its in real good shape, that sounds pretty good. Just inspect it and ride it, and see how you like. I actually like riding a dirtbike as much as I do a quad, i'm just not as good. But when I go places it would be cool to haul my quad and a bike so I could switch on and off, and not get bored.

400exrida06
06-04-2006, 09:32 AM
If I were you i would get it because its sounds like its in good shape, and its not to expensive and 125 are always alot of fun to fool around on.