PDA

View Full Version : clutch grinds after warmed up, clean oil tho

maxamillion
06-03-2006, 07:39 PM
I have an 02 400ex with a stock clutch set up. After about 15-20 of riding my clutch makes a metal on metal grinding noise when I let it out at slower speeds. I run Honda GN4 oil and always keep it clean. I took out my clutch plates, fibers, and hub about 10 riding hours ago and they were still in good shape. I even had a local ATV shop inspect them.

If I would switch over to a full synthetic do you think it would prevent the clutch grinding like that after the bike is nice and hot? If so what brand? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

400exrider707
06-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by maxamillion
I have an 02 400ex with a stock clutch set up. After about 15-20 of riding my clutch makes a metal on metal grinding noise when I let it out at slower speeds. I run Honda GN4 oil and always keep it clean. I took out my clutch plates, fibers, and hub about 10 riding hours ago and they were still in good shape. I even had a local ATV shop inspect them.

If I would switch over to a full synthetic do you think it would prevent the clutch grinding like that after the bike is nice and hot? If so what brand? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Full synthetic will make it slip more if that is the problem, because it's lubricating properties are higher.

maxamillion
06-03-2006, 08:10 PM
so what do u guys suggest doing then? Is the grinding noise even considered clutch slippage?