PDA

View Full Version : Ride a Cannondale, break your arm

oynot400
10-09-2001, 06:10 AM
Well our trip to Silver Lake was cut short due to my buddy on his Cannondale. Once we got there and started riding thing were going good. There was a couple of guys that wanted to test ride my buddy's Cannondale, which he let them. After they were done they shut it off and we chatted for a while, then we dicided to ride somemore. our 3 400ex's all started but the Cannondale would not. We ended up flaging down a truck that hauled it to the parking lot where we started to work on it. I told him that it sounded like it was flooded. He said " it can't flooded because it is fuel injected". We tried and tried but no go. So we proceeded to pull the spark plug, it was buried under every thing. Just before we got at it we tried starting it and it fired up blowing black smoke, I have no doubt it was flooded.
An hour later or so we found a little hill at the north end of the park and we were jumping for distance. When the Cannondale landed it blew the bead off and mule kicked him and it rolled, he broke his arm, he has surgery today.:(

MOFO
10-09-2001, 10:14 AM
Yep, that sucks the weekend turned out like that. Did your friend have one of the first Cannondales? I know they have different starting proceedures depending on when it was released due to updating the fuel system. For the most part, DO NOT GIVE it gas...found that out at a dealership when i was looking at one. ;)

Eric

oynot400
10-10-2001, 06:07 AM
The sand was very good, but we had high winds that kept the riding pretty smooth. We did find some pretty good dunes that gave us some good lift. The hill that he broke his arm on wasn't very big, we were only getting about 3 foot of lift.
He got his Cannondale in June and I think it had most of the updates done to it. He chewed me out right after he got it when I tried to give it some gas while starting. To tell the truth I think it is more bike than he can handle. I tried to talk him into a 400ex, but he is the type if guy that has to have something better than everone else. :rolleyes: I would not suprise me that he sells it and gets out of the sport all together, which is too bad.