PDA

View Full Version : Women here at" EXIRDERS" sign in here...PART II

Pages : [1] 2

QuadJunkies
08-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Ok ladies... lets see if this makes it a little better starting with a PART II.. Well here are few of my pics of my graphics,I think for my first custom graphics, they turned out pretty good, although,I need to go back and havethem put on a clear coat vinyl over the graphics, they are starting to scratch up form not enough protectant on them.HOpe you like them!! If anyone can give me a hand on posting a few of theres pics until I figure out how, that would be great..:) Thanks !!!

ThorChick
08-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Your graphics kit looks great!! I wish I was artistically gifted too, I'd make one for mine. Unfortunately, my drawing skills extend to stick people. Hehe :D

Oh yea, great idea starting a new thread......it was nice not having to try and read through the last 2 or 3 pages of posts to find the last one I'd read.

Well, a few days ago I tried posting the pic of my little sis after she rolled the quad, but the pic was too big....so I'm gonna try it again.

ThorChick
08-11-2002, 02:54 PM
Your graphics kit looks great!! I wish I was artistically gifted too, I'd make one for mine. Unfortunately, my drawing skills extend to stick people. Hehe :D

Oh yea, great idea starting a new thread......it was nice not having to try and read through the last 2 or 3 pages of posts to find the last one I'd read.

Well, a few days ago I tried posting the pic of my little sis after she rolled the quad, but the pic was too big....so I'm gonna try it again.

ThorChick
08-11-2002, 02:59 PM
It looks like that pic is too big to post, so I guess I'll just have to get it on my webpage pretty soon and post the link on here. Here's a pic of me on my friend James' built Blaster at Florence.

SLB400EX
08-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Very COOL graphics quad junkie!!!!! :D

SLB400EX
08-11-2002, 03:56 PM
..I wasn't done typing...duuuh. :o
That sets you apart from the rest of the other quads doesn't it!!! VERY sweet!!
Did I read that you were going to buy a checkered flag seat cover too?? (soooo many replies on your other post....I was going to go back and re-read to be sure but I don't have that kind of time...lol.)

QuadJunkies
08-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Yes, Im waiting on a seatcover that is due any day now, its the "checkered dominator" from "atv seat covers".The seat will be black then red then a swirl of checkers, it shouid add alot to the look I think..Im going to do some fire breathing dragons for the 400ex, the "dungeons and dragons theme".If I get good enough at this and find the right kind of vinyl,I have a lot of good"cunstom" designs Id like to do and maybe do this from my home on the side.I think it adds "character"to the quad,and I like being "different" from all the rest of the kits that are out there...;) :D

QuadJunkies
08-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Thorchick~~Im not artistic either,thats why I give the Graphics guy my ideas, and he prints them out,although Im going to learn a few programs to do this at home,so when I get it figured out,maybe I can make you a set of what ever design you might want:)

ThorChick
08-12-2002, 01:09 AM
QuadJunkies ~ I was talking with my boyfriend earlier today and I told him how you had made your own graphics kit. I mentiond how cool it would be to design my own, and he had an awesome idea. His parents own a car dealership and they have someone who makes graphic designs for the side of the big diesel trucks and he said they could probably help me come up wit something! I'm excited now.:D I just need to figure out what I wanna put on it and what color to use. This will be a cool project for this winter!

QuadJunkies
08-12-2002, 01:18 AM
Is anyone willing to help me post a few of my pics? Or, maybe you can Pm me and explain how to do? I cant figure this thing out!:confused: :grr I donr have a scanner,but I have the images saved in my documents also... Thorchick~~There you go!!Its fun to do,You will have to post your pics when you decide to do it!!:D Mine was kinda spendy to do, It was a new thing for the guys to do on the plastics and they never done one for a quad before:D

ThorChick
08-12-2002, 01:26 AM
When you post a reply and want to attach a pictur, all you have to do is scroll down the page and almost to the bottom of the reply pages a box that says Attach File. Go over to the right and click on the 'Browse' button. It'll bring up all your saved documents and all you have to do is find and select the pic you want to post. Click open and it will bring you back to your reply page. Then just submit your reply and you are done!

LiLMissHondaEx
08-12-2002, 07:39 AM
QuadJunkies - just send the pics to me and I will resize them, and post them for you. My email addy is LiLMissHonda300ex@fuse.net.

QuadJunkies
08-12-2002, 09:57 AM
Ok...here it goes hope it works!!:)

QuadJunkies
08-12-2002, 09:59 AM
WEll, I tried it, and nothing happened not sure why:( LILMISSHONDAEX~~~Just pic one or two from my "image station" pics and size them I guess,this is what I did...I hit the reply button and then I hit the browse ,pulled up the pic I wanted,hit open and then it acted like it was gonna do something,but never did a thing....darn computers anyhow:(

roostfrom250ex
08-12-2002, 12:01 PM
I tried to post a pic today, again, and the same thing happened to me.
Does the vB code have anything to do with it?

02exchic
08-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Am I stupid? I missed where the link was to the pictures of Quadjunkies graphics.:confused: :confused:

QuadJunkies
08-12-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah... whe the heck did they go??:confused: here they are again....http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291505687

ThorChick
08-12-2002, 09:45 PM
02exchic ~ So you guys ae going to Jamaica to get married huh? How exciting!! That would be neat if we coud meet up at Sandlake Labor Day weekend, but if not I might be able to make it to FLorence when you and your friends come down. I can play tour guide!!! hehe:p

LiLMissHondaEx
08-13-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 02exchic
Am I stupid? I missed where the link was to the pictures of Quadjunkies graphics.:confused: :confused:

I didnt know what happened either....I couldnt find the link to see the pics....thought I was going nuts!! LoL!!

Here is one pic I resized for you Quadjunkies! Very good job BTW!!! Now you have my wheels spinning. I am going to need new plastic soon....well I need it now, but going to wait for winter. I think I just might start thinking about what I would like to put on the new bare plastic!! GOOD JOB!!

Castor-426ex
08-13-2002, 08:31 AM
holy crap those graphics rock...

are they printed on vinyl? checkerboard looks great...especially if someone had all black plastic...

anyways..looks awesome...ill get outta you women's thread...lol

02exchic
08-13-2002, 09:08 AM
QuadJunkies ~ Thanks for reposting that link.....thought maybe I had just missed something and I wanted to have a look-see. Those look great ;)
That checker board seat you are getting will look great--good completion to what you got going there. Post those pics when you get them!
The husband of a woman I work with has an upholstery business...long story short he is going to make a seat for me.......now I just have to decide what I want. :confused:

ThorChick ~ Leaving for Jamaica tomorrow evening......Will be away from the computer until 8/27 after 3pm today.
I will let you know how the Sand Lake planning goes and if that doesn't work out we can hopefully meet up in Florence!

QuadJunkies
08-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Castor-400ex~~...yes,these are printed on vinyl.On black it would look real good :)Im going to redo them in a few days ,hopelfully befroe my duning trip,they need to be on better vinyl ,this is a little too thim and I want a higher gloss and a little brighter in color.this will be very easy to do since they design is already done,just re print and re stick ,and they stick real good too!!LIMissHOndaEx~~THANK YOU!! I atill cant figure out wqhat Im doing wrong.Was the size too big?It wouildnt do a thing when I tried to post them.When I get my set done, ill you post a couple more pics for me??:)02exchic~~ You have a great time in Jamica!!Give us an update on the trip and your trip to Sandlake...I leave ri. on my trip,I cant wait...

ThorChick
08-13-2002, 09:50 AM
o2exchic ~ Sounds good to me!! Have a great time and just get back to me when you guys figure things out for Labor Day. Oh yea, we wanna see pictures from Jamaica!!

QuadJunkies
08-13-2002, 10:07 AM
Ok...im going to try and post a pic again,cross your fingers...

QuadJunkies
08-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Can someone tell me how to make my pics smaller,I dont get it, they are in jpg. sizing on my camera, but it says it is too big too post,so how do I reduce it? THanks...

QuadJunkies
08-15-2002, 12:41 PM
WEll ladies, Im headed out for the dunes for 4 days, leaving tomorrow ,so Ill talk to you all in a few days, gosh this is going to be weird not talking to you all for 4 days:confused: anyhow,Ill try and take out the time to do some pics to show you all..have a great wk. end!!try and keep this thread up...its been quiet here :(

LiLMissHondaEx
08-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Yes Quadjunkies I would be happy to post more pics for you when you get back. The pic I posted for you was too big....they normally are coming straight from the camera. You need to go into a picture editing software and resize them. You pic was about 26 inches by 22 inches or something like that which of course makes the file too big. All you have to do is make it like 8 inches by 6 inches and that usually does it. Here is a link to the PSP website to download their trial:

http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?prod=001

It is very easy to learn and only one little step if all you want to do is resize them to post on here.

I am sure you are going to have lots of fun in the sand!!! I am ssooooo envious!!! I wish we had real sand somewhere around here!! Looking forward to seeing your pics!!

QuadJunkies
08-15-2002, 01:55 PM
I actually got a few pics up in another thread, so maybe I can get the next ones up too. Thanks for the info and Ill try them when I get back...

SLB400EX
08-16-2002, 07:52 AM
Geesh..where is everyone?? :D
Whatcha all been up too????????
Nothing here really, S.O.S. That can be a good thing I s'pose.

Ok, Ok..I really came to tell ya'll how excited I am!!!!!!! I ordered a seat cover for my quad today!!!!!!!!!!! Yellow and black flame pattern!!! I think it looks cool!!!! Gotta give most of the credit to Rob, he found it for me. I can't wait til it gets here and we get it on. It'll set my EX apart from some of the others now!!! ;) It won't be as "personalized" as quadjunkies..but it's a start.
;)

Sooo, let's liven this post back up ladies, what do ya say???
We can talk about our other hobbies or what type of music we like or anything ........

Later, Sherri

QuadJunkies
08-16-2002, 07:56 AM
Hey,a new topic my livin it up around here a little,:D when you get your seat,post some pics, I would like to see it!!:)I will post mine when I get back from the dunes, it turned out so cool;) :p anyhow,see you in a few days,well, ladies... tell us what other hobbies do you have ???

SLB400EX
08-16-2002, 10:19 AM
I'll definitely post new pics....I'm sooo excited!! (doesn't take much..can ya tell?? lol)

Ok..other hobbies..... :)
During the spring and summer- our yard, landscaping plants and garden keep me busy. Darn weeds anyhow!!
I also like to revamp our house when the kids are in school. This fall I want to re-do a bedroom and our utility room. Just need to decide how..... :( I've redone all the rooms in this house but those two in the last few years. Some rooms just needed a new coat of paint or new paper--others needed walls ripped out. :eek:
I work out a lot too. It helps keep me sane....I go to our bedroom, crank the music and go at it. (boy oh boy..I do love my music!!)
Now all of this is in addition to riding, keeping track of our 4 girls, our dog and my husband.

Whos's next?? :)

QuadJunkies
08-16-2002, 10:41 AM
WEll, Im into the landscaping thing my self,I took a year off, we built a house last year, and had to start from scratch,I love to plant things, but Im bruned out for this year,planted over 100 shrubs and plants,60 trees,turf,fence,curbing,fabric,bark and I am re-doing the inside,Im working with textured paint in my living rm.(has sand in the paint)I could go on for hours, but I wont :) besides that and work, and the family, I like to travel and camp,whch is rare these days,unless we sand camp:):p anyhow,Im off in a few hours ,ill talk to you all in 4-5 days...:)BTW SLB400ex~~~what kind of music do you like???

SLB400EX
08-18-2002, 07:19 AM
Quadjunkie, let me know how it goes with the textured paint. I've heard mixed reviews on it. That is one option I've looked at for the bedroom.

Ok..next favorite topic for me is MUSIC!! Right up there with talking about our quads!!
:D
Anyone here familar with DISTURBED??? They have a new CD coming out next month and I am really excited about it. Haven't been this excited about new a CD since Staind came out with Break the Cycle.
Some of my other favs. are Creed, Godsmack, 12 Stones, Default, Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd..and sooooo on. ;) I like the soundtrack from The Scorpion King too.
I like my music a whole lot....
what's the lady in that one commercial say?? "I like my job, I love my family, I DEPEND on my music". Something like that anyhow...

Later..Sherri

QuadJunkies
08-20-2002, 06:10 PM
SLB400EX~~Gosh girl, you and I have alot in common!!!:) I just got into town and thought I would see how the threeads were lookin, Ill fill you all in on my trip and other stuff in a couple of hours,lots to tell!!!

QuadJunkies
08-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Ok ladies, here are the pictures of my duning trip,we rode alot(like 25hrs in three days)so I didnt get a lot, the pics dont do justice of the size of these dunes, they are HUGE!!!We had a really nice time,we had two of our friends go and it was there first time duning,all I know is i need a BIGGER quad! I am lacking power so bad for those dunes,I rode on the 400ex of ours and didnt want to give it back to the hubby :) I am getting to be a better rider each time I go,although I still hate to climb, I love going down the biggest of the hills, I just hate to climb them.I DID find something I really loved doing....DRAG RACING!!!! I WANT POWER!!! :):p :D I love speed ...Wish I had some pics to show of the Rail I rode in, what a rush!! Did wheelies up Thunder Mnt.and wheelies back to the bottom.It would take me hours to tell you all I did and it probably would be boring to hear ,you kinda had to be there ,...wish you were!!!:) anyhow heres the link, I cant get the stupid pics to post this time for some reason.. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291465697 SLB400ex~~Good choices in music!!~~~I love Disturbed,they are my favorite,I also like Linkin park,Tool, Korn,Godsmack ect....As for the paint...looks awesome!! if you get it, take it slow and well... Ill PM you on it..:) anyhow...tell me what you all think of my seatcover and all my pics..

LiLMissHondaEx
08-20-2002, 11:34 PM
I WANNA GO!!!! I want to go play in the sand soooo bad!! I just have to make it to the badlands since I cant get to real sand that like. I bet it was absolutely amazing!!! I do the same thing with my hubby's 400...steal it and dont give it back....LoL!!! I am sure you had a blast!!

angelon400ex
08-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Hey ladies, Sorry to be dragging in so late. Thank goodness there are some ladies in here who truly appreciate this awesome sport we have. I discovered this sport and started riding by myself four years ago. It has developed into a passion for me I can't put into words. I am a single mom of a ten year old son named Kyle who loves it also. We just recently adopted a itty bitty orange kitty from the animal shelter. His name is Sammy and he has really completed our household although Cocoa the hamster is terrorized. I work in a preschool and race my 400EX on the weekends. I have had incredible opportunities and experiences in the sport and have met amazing people from all walks of life. I also love music of all kinds, writing, photography, hiking (outdoors activities of all kinds actually) and really just trying to enjoy life in every way possible. I have been on this site since there were just 20 something members and am thrilled to see the growth. It is a great resource for all of us to meet and some of us become like a big family. I wish all the best to all my sisters in this sport. I think we must be a pretty smart bunch to realize the thrills of this sport so many women are missing!!!!:D

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 09:38 PM
Its good to see another ladies pop in,and yes...good to see a few women out here that appreciate the sport,and good to see that the kids are into it too.My kids Love to ride,Especially the Daughter of mine,she is eight, and a very good rider for a newbie.if you have any pics of you and your son, Id love to see them!:) anyhow,good to hear of yet another women here at EXRIDERS that loves this forum as much as I do...

Mxbubs
08-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Anyone man enough to tame this beast?

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 10:17 PM
LOL... Good Lord!!!:p What size a Qaud she ride???:):D :blah

Castor-426ex
08-21-2002, 10:22 PM
jesus

can anyone help her locate her hands...?????

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 10:26 PM
Castor~~`IM rollin man...LOL... now that was funny:D :p

FoxRacingsgirl
08-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Hey I am just popping my head in a little bit late here! But better late than never right? I just cant get over how awesome it is to see so many girls loving this sport. :D Well just wanted to say my hellos!

Mxbubs
08-22-2002, 12:52 AM
What about her sister?

Mxbubs
08-22-2002, 12:52 AM
What about their other sister?

Mxbubs
08-22-2002, 12:53 AM
Oh yeah, this is their "cat".........hehe

Castor-426ex
08-22-2002, 01:03 AM
hey that second one has cute elbows...all 47 of them...:D

that cat has more rolls than wonderbread:p

Castor-426ex
08-22-2002, 01:04 AM
ya know what that pic dont even look right... what is she doin to that cat?

SLB400EX
08-22-2002, 07:48 AM
Quadjunkie & LilMiss....sounds like it might be time for you two girls to either trade up or do some motor work to your quads. :devil Been there...done that. :D I traded up.
Quadjunkie....I'm soooooo jealous. Those dunes pics were great! Cool, very cool seat cover. (Mine was shipped out earlier this week so I should have it pretty soon) I for one would like to hear more dune stories.... I can't believe you and I like the same tunes/groups. HOW cool is that!!! I can't wait for that Disturbed CD to come out!!!!!!!!!! When I'm by myself, I usually have the stereo cranked!!!!
Next year I'd really, really like to make the trip to Silver Lake in MI. Ever consider going there LilMiss??? I was kinda hoping to get there this year but too many things got in the way of that.

QuadJunkies
08-22-2002, 09:00 AM
SLB400EX~~GLad to hear that "disturbed" is coming out with a new CD,hope its as good as the first one was...Yes, Im so ready to upgrade my quad, I should have known I would grow out of it quick, but I felt so compfortable on it 6 months ago, Im not sure if Ill go with the 400ex,Z400,or wait for honda to do something,I do like the DS too,decisions,decisions....WEll, it wont be until early spring if I do upgrade anyhow,I love my quad,just need more power:( Mxbubs~~~ LOL.. Man, that is sick and wrong, Castor400ex~~~once again,you got me rolloing...LOL..:D

Mxbubs
08-22-2002, 09:53 AM
HEHE

LiLMissHondaEx
08-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by SLB400EX
Next year I'd really, really like to make the trip to Silver Lake in MI. Ever consider going there LilMiss??? I was kinda hoping to get there this year but too many things got in the way of that.

Not really sure where it is at....but a co-worker was telling me that there are plenty of dunes right there in Indiana/Michigan by Lake Michigan. Tell me more!

Jennys440'Dale
08-22-2002, 11:02 AM
If you are referring to the dunes on Lake Michigan in Indiana- those dunes are not to be ridden on. The forestry only allows you to walk the dunes. That is where Nick and I got engaged last month and trust me, I was wanting to ride the quad so bad. I was sweatin' my ***** off running up those dunes. I will be cured next month though when a group of us will be heading to Silver Lake.

QuadJunkies
08-22-2002, 12:59 PM
We have some awesome dunes here that are HUGE, but its all federally owned and made into a big historical monument..What a waste of dunes!!!Its called "Brueno Sand dunes"(I know I spelled that wrong:) )..Like who wants to go and sit and look at dunes and .............Do nothing but look at them???:( :confused:

LiLMissHondaEx
08-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Jenny

I am not really sure where they are, but he said they take their buggy up there all the time, or at least did when he lived there. He has been here in Ohio for several years now so I wonder if things have changed?? I asked him what the name of the place was, but he didnt really know. He just named off a few cities. I have to go ask him again.

I bet that was a beautiful engagement!! So nice to hear stories where the man actually puts some romatic thought into their proposal!

When are you going to Silver Lake next month? I take since we were talking about dunes that Silver Lake is dunes? I wonder how far it is from Cincinnati. We are going to try to make it to the Badlands, but I have heard mixed reviews about it. Would much rather have REAL sand dunes to ride!

SLB400EX
08-22-2002, 05:21 PM
http://www.silverlakesanddunes.com/
that's one of a few sites I found on Silver Lake.

Yeah, Silver lake Sand Dunes LilMiss.We've never been there but hear awsome things about it. Sorry I can't give ya more inof but I'm sure Jenny or Magnum400EX can. The WNF Gang (that's what we call ourselves on another board) has a post up at www.atvtime.com about their trip. Eastern states thread. Rob and I won't be making that trip. :(
Like you, I've heard lots of mixed reviews on The Badlands. Jenny's been there though....
And speaking of trips LilMiss.......we also have a big get together in the making for Oct. 19-20th at Wayne nat'l forest if you're interested. Details at atvtime also. Riding, cooking out, and camping (if weather permits). Ever been there??????

LiLMissHondaEx
08-23-2002, 11:33 AM
Yes Jenny has been telling me about all the trips to Wayne...definately sounds like lots of fun!! No I have not been there either! Oct is so far off, cant really commit at this time, but would love to go! I've tried to look around at atvtime and just cant seem to keep up....maybe if I would hang out a little more I would start to be able to!!! I think I might head on over there and start posting a little to get more aquainted with everyone! :)

Thanks for the link to Silver Lake...I am going to check out that site....been just dying to ride some dunes! Guess I have to buy new tires just for the trip though????? It really feels like the summer is about over....but we still have several months to try to get all these new places in! I know we were camping into Nov last year....gets a little chilli at night, but thats what the hubby is for :D hehehehee!

ThorChick
08-23-2002, 11:38 AM
QuadJunkies ~ Cool riding pics!! And the new seat cover looks awesome!! I know exactly what you mean by wanting more power. The 300ex is a great bike, but its so small and wimpy sometimes it leaves you wanting more. I love my 300ex, but I'm gonna spend some time this winter dressing it up and doing some minor power upgrades to it. Then, in the spring when I get my tax return I'm gonna put a 330 kit in it. VROOM VROOM!! My boyfriend has an '86 250R that has every modificatin you can think of, except running on alcohol. He calls it the banshee killer. I've ridden it twice and thought it was awesome, but I don't like riding it very often because its a twist throttle which I'm not used to. He just got in a new thumb throttle for it, which makes it girlfriend-friendly. (hehe) So by Labor Day I'll be out there drag racing banshees and built 400ex's. He's also in the process of trying to sell his dirtbike, and then buying a banshee as an extra bike, which means I'll be riding the banshee from then on. :devil Hopefully next summer I'll be able to sell my 300 and buy my own banshee.

LiLMissHondaEx
08-23-2002, 11:39 AM
Wow just looked at a map.....looks like it would be about a 7 - 8 hour trip for us to get to Silver Lake....my vaca doesnt reset until the end of Oct....might just have to be next year when we go up there :(

SLB400EX
08-23-2002, 12:54 PM
--Hey QuadJunkie, does your hubby's 400EX have any motor mods??? If not and you do upgrade to the Z400, YOU'LL be faster than he is!!! :devil Hmmmm....
We saw a white Z400 the last time out and I thought it was very sweet looking. Nice and clean looking.
--LilMiss....our trips to WNF are always a hoot. Always very entertaining. I'm really looking forward to this big get together in Oct. If you don't make it there this year(dunes too), there is always next year. And your right, the 'season' is far from over. I LOVE fall riding!!
--Thorchic....I hate twist throttles too. No wonder you don't ride the R more. Rob put a twist throttle on his 400 early on..but it didn't last long, we both hated it. To each his own. :)

ThorChick
08-23-2002, 02:09 PM
SLB400ex ~ Once he puts that new thumb throttle on his R he better watch out, cause I'll be stealing it a lot more!! The only other thing about his bike that kind scares me is kick starting it. His bike has so much compression that it'l kick right back up at you, and has sprained his ankle twice. Then again, he wasn't wearing his riding boots either time, and he knows better!! I'll just make him start it for me every time, hehe.

QuadJunkies
08-23-2002, 04:20 PM
The only Mods the 400ex has, is A full yoshi system power up kit,K@N filter..DO you think the Z400 will still take him? I hope so....he,he,..He wants me to get it, because he knows how bad Ive wanted it since day one,that is..unless HOnds comes out wit hsometyhing equal or better!!:)

angelon400ex
08-23-2002, 05:22 PM
QuadJunkies, Your daughter looks like a pretty girl with a bright personality to back it up. (She looks comfortable and friendly in front of the camera.) If you combine the riding talent with the looks and personality she could go forever in this sport. I have a neighbor with a six year old daughter who is riding and I told them the opportunities are limitless in this sport for women. We are rare. I raced three GNCCs and 8 were the most that raced while I was in competition. I had mechanical problems for all three but it was a great experience to really let me see where we are at nationally in the sport in the realm of harescramble racing. In looking at the GNCC site there have been 9 women enter at the most. In the record quad turnout at Loretta Lynn's dude ranch of 543 quads, there were still only 8 women.
I am going to attach a pic of me and my son if I can get it to work :D

SLB400EX
08-24-2002, 07:10 AM
Qaud Junkie..I get a kick outta you..
Do I think a Z400 will take your hubby's 400ex? .... SURE!!! LOL!!!
Seriously, I've had the pleasure of sitting on the Z but haven't ridden one so I really don't know how fast they are. ;) From what I hear and read though, it's a faster when compared to a stock(motor wise) 400ex.
Rob(my hubby) is sitting back, not so patiently waiting to see if Honda indeed steps up here with a big bore quad next month. He's in market for a 'faster, bigger, badder' quad.

HEY........my seat cover came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeehhaaaw!!!
I'll get pics posted when we get it on my quad!! Give me a few days.
Have a good weekend ....

Sherri

angelon400ex
08-24-2002, 08:36 AM
I got the chance to ride two Z400s in TN a month or so ago and the first one had been geared down a tooth on the front if I remember right and I was very impressed. I felt more comfortable on that machine than any other for the very first time on it. I took it up the mountain until I could get to a hill and climb and the power is really nice. We have seen quite a few of them in the harescramble races. One guy wheelied his off the line and ended up on his grab bar. I guess the thing to really watch now is long term reliability. Hmmmmm, I wish they would give me one to test and put lots of hours on and miles on and see how it holds up LOL! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my Honda!

angelon400ex
08-24-2002, 08:39 AM
I don't know what happened to the pic of me and my son Kyle so I will put it back up. :(

angelon400ex
08-24-2002, 08:48 AM
Here is my quad cleaned up before 200 miles of riding in TN....

QuadJunkies
08-24-2002, 10:44 AM
angelon400ex~~Great pics! :) yes, as for my Daughter...she is a little camera shy cant you tell???NOT!!!! he,he,..She already can go full throddle, and knows a little body language(fliping her back end around) Whenever we go ride at our local dunes ,its funny to see the look on peoples faces when they see her ride,she learned how to ride my husband s 400ex in about 15 minutes.she doesnt go like crazy,cause I wont let her,but she knows how to ride into second gear and thats as far as i let her take it.We are getting her a Trinity pipe this year for her b-day and some nerfs(Dec.23rd)so she will be very surprised!! I think it will ride much better at the dunes once she gets the pips,I here it is an awesome pipe.Then she will have enough power to pull some paddles on it.SLB400EX~~I have heard nothing BUT good about the Z400, and Im pretty sure thats what I will get UNLESS...Honda gets there butt in gear with something equal or better.I have until spring to decide unless I get an ofer on my quad first.How much do you think I could get out of my 300ex?If you know anyone that want one let me know ,ill throw in 2 sets of paddle tires and 3 rims,rims are .125,.160 and ITP.190'salso hasDG nerfs,yoshi slip on,shockwear,custom graphics and Dyno jet power up kit and new seatcover,and a few other minor things,I still have all the stock pieces also..SLB400EX I cant wait to see your seat cover...do post when you can!:)

alza-honda250ex
08-27-2002, 06:16 PM
slb400 Do you like your seat cover?

angelon400ex
08-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Quadjunkies, It would be cool if your daughter went to the top. It sure is tough to start out with a racing career as an adult. She is really blessed to have her start as a young girl!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
08-27-2002, 11:43 PM
angelon400ex~~I would be great to see her use her abilities and go far..but around here ,there isnt much to offer,I wouldnt even though how to get her started:confused: It isnt as big of a sport as ir is bakc east, or like the West coast is.We have OMC here,but thats it.:(

angelon400ex
08-28-2002, 03:12 PM
I wasn't aware of that. Do you think there is enough interest around with other families and other riders that something could be started?

QuadJunkies
08-28-2002, 03:42 PM
possibly...I know of a few people..I know its not huge, demand,but is starting to take a little more interest ..When "clear channel entertainment"called us wanting her to ride in a local monster truck show, they had to change it to "mini quads"because thety couldnt find enough kids for the event.:( Kelsey was so bummed...she would have been the only girl rider, and wanted to show the boys how she could ride!!he,he,.. thats my girl!!but the few I have talked to,wished they had it more avail. around here.Dirt bikes are a big thing here..Now for my son, that is what I think he will be into,he loves his quad, but prefers a dirt bike, Im trying to convert him, but as he gets to be more of a responsible rider, I may get him one.:)I dont know how I would go about trying to get the word out to get those kids involved a from a mini calss here,but maybe I will talk to a few of the guys at OMC and see what they say..

SLB400EX
08-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Hey ladies, how are ya all??? Busy, busy here--go figure. Kids are back in school and I've found lots to do, the time just flies.
Going riding this weekend..finally!! Gonna put my new seat cover to the test. :D I'm excited and more than ready to raise some he!! on the trails.

Welcome to EXRiders alza-honda250ex!! I LOVE my seat cover, thanks for asking. I should have the pics back Thurs so I'll post 'em. I went thru Intense Imaging Motorsports, they did a good job IMO. I can't wait to show it to you all.

More later
Take care til then,
Sher

QuadJunkies
08-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Glad to hear your seat came out good!Hope yours isnt as slippery as mine is,I hope it will get better in time ,I about fell off the darn thing my first time riding with it, but the seat turned out good..Well, I took in my quad to get all new graphics put on it, the vinyl I went with just wasnt good enough, so Im using a better Bonding vinyl, and it has a higher gloss to it, plus im bringing out the colors in it a bit more.. Ill post when I get it back this wk. end.Have fun riding,my family and friends are going duning this wk. end ..I have to work... no fair:(..

ThorChick
08-29-2002, 01:43 AM
Hey girls, how are things? Not too much going on here lately, except me fighting off this horrible cold!! It hasn't hit me full force yet, and I'm hoping I can get rid of it before this weekend. Only a few more days to beat it....and then we're going to the dunes and camping from saturday to monday. I'm hoping to get a lot more pics this trip, as long as I'm feeling okay. Maybe even a few of me and my boyfriend this time. I made a new webpage, so if you would like to take a look here's the link....talk to ya later....

http://hometown.aol.cm/thorridnprincess/index.html

QuadJunkies
08-29-2002, 07:18 AM
Hey ThorChick~~ I tried that link, but it doesnt work?Hope you get to feelin better soon:( especially if your going dning this wk. end, I have to work...ALL WK. END...

brokeitin3
08-29-2002, 07:23 AM
http://hometown.aol.com/thorridnprincess/index.html She just left the "o" out of her com. it works now. looks like they had fun too.

QuadJunkies
08-29-2002, 07:36 AM
Way cool site!!!I have been wanting to put up a web,not sure where to find one, and who is best to use.good to see this thread has a few more stopping in from time to time....~~~~~SO LADIES~~~~~~What are yout plans for Labor Day wk. end??

SLB400EX
08-29-2002, 01:57 PM
Thanks brokeitin3..I also tried her site earlier this morning(before you fixed it) and couldn't get the link to work.
COOL site ThorChick. Ditto to what QuadJunkie said..a summer cold is the pits!! Feel better soon.
We're hitting the trails Saturday for a while!!! It seems like it's been forever since we've been out.
Ok...here goes...I got my pics back and I'm gonna try to post it...
:( never done this before.
Let me know what 'uns think.
I hope my vinyl isn't too terribly slick. lol. Hate to fall off the darn thing and look like a total idiot this weekend. :devil I did treat the yellow flame part with a stain guard. We get into some really nasty mud and Rob was afraid it would stain.

SLB400EX
08-29-2002, 01:58 PM
Hey..it worked......yeeehaaawwww.....

SLB400EX
08-29-2002, 02:07 PM
here's my quad...
I'm sooo proud of it...
can ya tell??

(will it work a second time??)

angelon400ex
08-29-2002, 02:26 PM
AWESOME SEAT SHER!!!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
08-29-2002, 04:24 PM
I agree!! looks sweet!!! Dont you think the seat makes a big difference in the look?? You can have scuffed up fenders and all, but when you put a seat cover on it, it makes it look so good.Mine was really slick and still is, but at least now Im prepared for it!!!SLB400ex~~~~~ We will have to try and plan a riding trip next year, were not that far apart...Are you up to St. A's next year??Lets see...if your in Nev. then that would be a half way point for the both of us.Its a long ways away,but I want to plan out my whole summer in advance so my boss cant give me the "ole routine",not enough notice..I cant wait to go to the Coast next year too. Im miss it there ssooo much!!!

QuadJunkies
08-29-2002, 04:27 PM
Wait a minute!!!I got to thinkin,you and I dont live amywhere close to each other...what a shame..:( OK. who is it that lives in Nevada? Im gonna have to do some checkin on this one...LOL...what a dork I am !!:o :p

ThorChick
08-30-2002, 12:56 AM
HEHE, thanks for fixing my link, I don't know how I managed to screw that one up. I was really happy with the way my website turned out, and I can't wait to add more pictures to it, especially after I start putting some more money into my quad and it starts looking a little sharper.
Guess what!!!! I feel better today!!! Looks like I'mm gonna make it to the weekend after all, and I'll actually be able to enjoy it. I still have a little bit of the sniffles, but woke up this morning feeling more like my onry self. :devil Hopefully this cough will go away too, I just need to keep pumping myself full of vitamin C.
Anyways, we're taking off tomorrow night after I leave work to go camping, so I'll talk to you girls next week. Happy Labor Day!

QuadJunkies
08-31-2002, 10:58 AM
I figured it out...Its z28jan that lives in Nevada.Havent seen here in here in awhile??:huh oh BTW!~~ I got back my 2nd set of graphics ans they look sooo good!!!The colors are brighter and this vinyl is really thick stuff.Ill post new pics in a few days..hope you all are enjoying Labor Day wk. end!!!:)

QuadJunkies
09-03-2002, 10:41 PM
Im dying to hear how everyones wk. end was???:) god knows mine sucked,I had to work,but my family and friends went riding on Sat. and I missed out on a really fun day!!!! I guess they all found a good jumping spot and my Hubby jumped across 47 ft!!Our friend on the Raptor made it about half that way(hes a new rider )and the YZ125 that was with us also 47ft!! I was so mad that i wasnt there to get pics, so Im taking the camera on Sun. and were gonna go back for the day..Thats the most distantance hes gotten on his quad before...WEll I havent had time to take any new pics of my graphics I had re-done, but here is a pic of my seat cover,I posted it in a few other places too.Anyhow, cant wait to hear how your wk. ends were....:D :) ;) :blah

SLB400EX
09-04-2002, 04:49 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if ThorChick has completely gotten over her cold..... I have one now. :( Two of our girls have colds too. Ooohh goodie!!
Our ride wasn't so great Saturday. I got a tad sick on the drive down, not sure why though. I didn't feel all too good the rest of the day. It was hot, VERY dusty and extemely crowded. We rode just over 14 miles and called it quits. :( You'll have days like that I s'pose.
Seat cover wasn't as slick as I was afraid it would be. Didn't have any trouble staying on the quad!!! lol. That's good. :p
Hope ThorChick had a better time than we did.
Sounds like your hubby had enough fun for all of us QuadJunkie!! :D Take pics next weekend and see if YOU can beat his 47ft!!!! :devil
Just what did happen to all the other girls???? They seemed to have just vanished.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2002, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear you and your kids have benn sick..:( its going around in my house too.First day of school to be exact..Your right...not too many girls around here anymore:( I thought it would be an active thread here:confused: Ar far as me jumoing 47 ft,thats not going to happen..Im not that brave, or maybe I should say that crazy:)! he, he, Im more into drag racing,but I am slowly building up to some jumping,I had a scare taking a nose dive and hit my chest pretty good on the bars, so Im a little head shy of it now..I am going to ride a friends Banshee on Sun. and try to get an idea if the Banshee is what Im going to like, I love speed and I love the dunes, so it makes sense to buy, but if I get into jumping my hubby says it will rattle your kidneys!:)LOL...IM really torn on what to buy:confused: so many quads...so little $$$$$$$$$!!!!!Hope you get to feelin better soon..:):):):)

QuadJunkies
09-04-2002, 03:01 PM
well girls. here are the pics I said that I would post hopefully they will fit!:)

QuadJunkies
09-04-2002, 03:04 PM
heres another...sory I tried to bow them out, so you could see them better,but It says too big:(

QuadJunkies
09-04-2002, 03:05 PM
and another....:)

QuadJunkies
09-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Ok...heres one more...

SLB400EX
09-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Looks great QuadJunkie!! :D
You know, you have one sweet looking quad, come time to sell it or trade it in next year--you shouldn't have any trouble getting the $$ you want out of it.
Test riding a Shee will help in making up your mind. The more quads you can test out, the better off you'll be!! :devil
Ummm, just curious QuadJunkie...when do you sleep???? lol. You're on here at all hours during the day..... ;)

angelon400ex
09-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Hi ladies, I am here :D Always busy but can't stay away completely...No one else can relate to us like other quad riding ladies. No one else can understand why I would get excited over a part or over a new trail or over the sound of my quad's exhaust :D
I just got back from the US ATV Jamboree in Greeneville TN at 181 Motosports park. Hey Quadjunkies, I landed a jump on one of their tracks and got a hard smack from the handlebars into my helmet. But I do love jumping and I kept going to try to play it off so maybe no one would notice how sloppy it was LOL!!!!
The weekend was really neat and I got to rub elbows with some of the greats in the cross country sector of our sport.

angelon400ex
09-04-2002, 03:46 PM
oh yeah, I even brought home a second place plaque for tug o war with a borrowed Foreman. I was going to do the creek run but the donor quad had problems. Dirt Wheels photographer was there and I was ready to show him some girl power in deep watery mud LOL!

QuadJunkies
09-04-2002, 05:42 PM
ooops, I made an error on how far out his jump was...And he was more than happy to correct me...:) his jump was 53ft, not 47..:D :rolleyes: :blah thats insane!!Ill have to get some pics of it if his quad is ok, looks like the bars are tweeked a bit from a mis-landing later that day..SLB400EX!! LOL....I work swing and some late evenings, and my kids are in school during the day,so I get on here alot during the day, and after I get home at night,but my nights are limited now that I have to turn around and get up to get them off to school.angelon400ex~~your right about others understanding...quads and all....I never thought I would say I love to get my hands dirty working on my own machine, and I dig the smell of tires!!Never thought I would say that either...SO you all think I will get a fair price huh?Any ideas on a price? I know the dealer will rob me blind, so I wont go that route..:grr

SLB400EX
09-07-2002, 06:27 AM
Uut oohh QuadJunkie...you shorted you hubby then??? Can't have that now can we?? ;)
You work mostly nights don't you??
I honestly have NO idea what you could get out of you quad, but I'd imagine it'll be a very good deal for you and the buyer. What year is it again???
I forgot to tell you too QuadJunkie, on Disturbed's website, if you put in their first CD(original, not burnt), you can listen to some new tunes from the NEW CD they're are coming out with. I haven't listened yet..... haven't been on the puter much in the last few days.
www.disturbed1.com
I s'pose all you ladies are out riding this weekend huh???? I hope you all have fun and come back with lots of stories and pics!!
I'll just be hangin' out here, nursing this blasted cold and doing some yard work. :rolleyes: Fun Fun Fun
lol.

Later..Sherri

QuadJunkies
09-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Right on!!I will have to put my Cd in and have a listen..When did you say it was coming out??I want to buy it ASAP! Do they have any of there new songs out on the radio yet?..as far as my quad...It is a 2002 model..funny..it got a lot of looks aroung here with it the ohter day,very different from all the others, thats what i like about it...unique;) es, I work ALL nights, and now Im juggling soccer for my Daughter, working out in the Gym in the mornings too," no rest for the weary"( I think i spelled that wrong:o )too bad we coulnt meet up, I think you and I may have a lot in common, you sound like a really cool person.:)HOw old are your kids?? WEll. It looks like that big jumped messed up my hubbies quad a little,got to go and buy a new set of bars and a steering stem.:( hes so hard on it ,very aggressive ,si Im encouraging him on a good set of shocks when he trades up.GOD I hope Honda puts something out good,cant wait for the fall show this next wk.!!:) Ill post about my ride tomorrow maybe Ill have some new pics of the kids too!:) Later...

QuadJunkies
09-07-2002, 12:02 PM
SLB400EX~~~P.S. Go take some echinaciea and some Zinc w/vitiman C,maybe that will do the trick,it really hepls if you take those right when you feel it first coming..get to fellin better!:)

SLB400EX
09-07-2002, 01:38 PM
I hit the Disturbed site earlier today and listened to some new tunes. All I can say is "OHHHHH YEEAAAAAH!!"
They are playing 'Prayer' on the station I listen too, IMHO...it's an excellent tune. You can catch that video on their site too. The new CD comes out the 17th of this month!! Just a few days after Honda announces their new toy!!!!! :D I hope Honda comes out something big. As hopped up as Rob's is....something in the 450-440cc range will not really impress him I'm afraid, other than it being liquid cooled(we hope). We'll see in another week ... won't we? Cross your finger girlfriend.
Yeap, I can see a 53 ft jump messing up some quad parts. :devil Cool...new parts are needed.... lol.
Soooo..ahhhh..any chance of you and the family getting relocated to good ole Ohio????? lol.
You go to the gym..I have a 'gym' in our bedroom. lol. Rob bought me a BowFlex a few years back. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! Wasn't it you who said you needed to work on your upper body strength??? Me too. Going to the gym..there ya go!!! How long have you been going???
Geez....I bet you get very little sleep!!
Our oldest girl is 12 1/2, she just started Jr High. D@MN, I feel old!! Our youngest is 6. Other than Britt, the youngest, none of the girls are really into "quads". They really aren't into anything in particular, hanging out with their friends allot and camping with grandma and grandpa. The girls LOVE to go camping.
Have fun riding..be safe...take lots of pics!!

p.s...I'll have to go to the drug store and stock up now that I know what to get..thanks Dr. QuadJunkie!!! I am starting to feel better, but I'm sure it's not the last cold to go around the house this year.

Later, Sherri

02exchic
09-09-2002, 03:06 PM
GEEZ!!!!! This thread got crazy. :D

A girl is gone for awhile look what happens! LOL!

Well, I'm back from Jamaica...It's official, I am now a married woman. Our honeymoon was great but boy did I miss my 400.
Seriously we had the BEST time. Lots to eat and drink, all kinds of activities and water sports. Even met several couples who ride! Was lost of fun to hang out and talk with them!

Getting back to the real world was hard but I did get to ride yesterday, first time in about 3 weeks (a sin...I know).

I'll talk more later when I have more time. Good to be back and good to see y'all still here!!!!

bansheeguy77
09-09-2002, 03:16 PM
prayer rocks....the video is so cool to i love the lip piercings he got they look so sweet.

QuadJunkies
09-09-2002, 10:40 PM
WELL,I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO TELL YA, AINT TOO GOOD EITHER..LETS JUST SAY TWO QUADS COLLIDED AND ONE WAS A FREIND ON MY HUBBYS!SHE IS OK, AND THE QUADS ARE TOO, BUT THEY WILL NEED MINOR FIXINGS....ILL POST TOMORROW, ANGELON400EX~~WAY TO GO GIRL!!!IF YOU HAVE MORE PICS..DO POST THEM, I LOVE TO LOOK AT ALL YOUR RIDES!:) 20EXCHIC~~HEY!!!!IM GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME,HAVE ANYTHING THAT ISNT XRATED FROM THE HONEYMOON TO SHOW US??GLAD YOUR BACK,....YOUR RIGHT...WHERE DID EVERONE GO??:(

SLB400EX
09-10-2002, 05:22 AM
CONGRATS 02exchic!!!!!!!! Glad to see ya back....the ladies thread kinda died down after part 1..not sure why. :( Just a few of us keeping this post alive.
Aaahh, we're still having fun though.

Ummmm, QuadJunkie...what on earth happened!!!??? I'm glad to hear your friend is OK. Quad parts can easily be replaced..body parts cannot. Did you get to test ride the Shee???? Only a few more days to go and we'll know what Honda has up their sleeve! :rolleyes:

buh-bye for now.

LiLMissHondaEx
09-10-2002, 10:07 AM
A Congrats to 02ExChic!! Hope you have many many years ahead of you! How did you like Jamaica? I have never been but heard stories of grandor! :D

Angel - I know what you mean about getting excited over new parts for the quad and no one understanding....for my birthday I got a 14t sprocket, new chain, and a couple cute stickers and other quad watnots....I was as happy as can be. All a co-worker could say is "No jewelery???" :huh She would never ever understand!!! LoL!! :D

Quadjunkies - glad your friend is ok! Just like Sher said...you can replace the bike parts....good reason to justify getting a few aftermarket parts for replacement! ;)

I have been working, riding, and just plain tired. I think school starting has been harder on me than it has the kids....and I have been so busy at work, I barely have time to check email much less all the new posts!

Well ladies lets keep it rolling! Hopefully the heat breaks finally this week so riding this weekend can be enjoyable. Can you believe it is half way through Sept with no break in sight. We had better have snow this winter! :mad:

QuadJunkies
09-10-2002, 11:16 AM
OK...Welll heres what happened..My friend who by the way, is the girl I got into riding recently with,so she is very new..WEll, she went out riding on this sand flat that we use for dragging on,My husband took my quad to go round up water for all of us, so he wasnt ther when it happened..Her and her boyfriend, who owns a Raptor were out riding side by side .she went to look behind herself(if that makes sense:confused: )and she lost her sence of motion and balence and collided sideways into her boyfriend,it was vey freaky looking, all I can say was..THANK GOD FOR NERFS!the Raptor didnt have any ,but the 400ex did, and it would have been very ugly had it not had them.they both rolled and she broke her arm and went in to shock.lots of nasty sand abbraisons, but shes ok..She is pretty freaked out, dont know if she will ride ever again, I told her she needs to get back on it when she heals and we all do things and learn from them,not to let it ruin her fun,i was freaked out when i rolled, but i was very determined to get on it and ride just as hard(maybe even a little harder)as before..WEll, here are a few of the parts we need,and for the Raptor...bot h need new steering stems,both need new handlebars,400ex new front plastic,Raptor,possible A arm and there was 2-3 other parts for the EX but I forgot what he said they were.Although it was a rough day..ISTILL HAD FUN!!! I dragged all day and smoked them all:) of course, i wasnt on mine hten,i took out the Raptor and the 400ex to drag, except once I raced a Blaster for $**T and giggles..and I smoked him too, by about 40 yards!!I never did get to ride a Shee,the gril didnt end up going...tooo early too rise...geesh :rolleyes: My hubsand ran up against a Z400 and boy, that was weird..I dont know what 6to think about it..I have had my eye on the Z for awhile now, but now Im unsure:confused: granted ,he was in stock form,VS. a full system on ours, so I guess I shouldnt judge yet,but It wasnt pretty. that really did shock me, I hope we run into a piped Z400 so I can see how well it does..I still love it though..LILMISSHONDAEX~~good to see you again:)I know what you mean by busy.I work nights, get a few hours sleep get the kids off, go work out , clean house,groceresect...start all over again..:( SLB400EX~ I just started working out with a trainer last wk.Im wanting to get into good shape before im too old and wrinkled to do it!:)I think I may die before its over.!!winter is coming and I ve worked too hard to lose what I have,dont want to gain it back. im gonna check out the new CD today .cant wait to hear it...

ThorChick
09-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Wow, I didn't mean to neglect you ladies, but I guess it has been a while since I've posted. Now I have to catch up to everyone!!. I've had a busy last couple of weeks, but they've been fun too!! Especially Labor Day weekend!!!
Well, we ended up going to Sandlake for Labor Day. Not the most ideal dune area in Oregon, but still lots of fun. The coolest thing about Sandlake is being able to ride at night. I like sitting up at the top of the first bowl and watching the trucks, sandrails, and quads racing up and down and driving all over the place. All of the lights makes it look so cool!! I also like drag racing at night too, its pretty exciting, but very very dangerous if you aren't careful.
The first day we arrived at Sandlake I swallowed my fear and asked my boyfriend if I could ride his 250R. I've been really scared of his quad for a long time because of the power it has and the fact its a twist throttle and not a thumb throttle. BIG difference!!! The R has so much compression that when you kick start it, if you aren't careful and aren't wearing riding boots, it'll kick right back up into your foot and nearly break your ankle. So needless to say, on the first run I made the boyfriend kick start it for me! I rode it near camp for about 30 seconds and decided right then that I LOVED his bike. Its awesome!! Not like the power of a banshee, but not anything like a fourstroke either. I spent about 45 minutes that night racing back and forth in front of camp practicing some drag starts and getting used to how it handles. He didn't get to do much riding. The next day I took it out to the drags and wasted some banshees and built 400ex's....it was so great. Guys were blown away that it was a chick riding such a nice bike, and smoking them too! I spent most of the weekend riding the 250R, and my boyfriend didn't even mind. He thought it was great I got over the fear of his quad.
That wasn't the only excitement of the weekend though. We also got to meet Clif Robinson, a player for the Pistons. He used to play for the Portland Trailblazers so he still comes to Oregon a lot, and Sandlake is one of his fave spots. He had a semi that brought in a few of his trailors, and had several quads with him, all of them totally built. We also got to see his $80,000 Bronco, but missed getting pics of him catching major air in it!! I rode past his camp on my bf's quad one day, and felt pretty cool when he yelled "Nice bike!!" at me. :D
Anyways, its getting pretty late and I should probably go to bed. Gotta get up early and go put an application in! Talk to ya'll later!!

ThorChick
09-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Here's the boyfriend's quad.....

SLB400EX
09-11-2002, 12:33 PM
--Sweet R ThorChick!! I'm a tad bit like you, or a tad bit like you WERE. lol. Fearful of the R. My hubby wants a 250R in a bad way, and I'm sure he'll have one before too long. From all the things I've read and all the conversations I've listened in on when it comes to the R...I figure if I get on one of those machines..I'll kill myself. :o They say it's a ride like no-other. Hmmm.....
--LilMiss....there is something about us 'atving' girls the others just doesn't get huh?? ..... To he!! with diamonds and pearls - give me quad parts any day of the week!!!!!!! :devil You still planning on coming to WNF next month???? I hollered for ya over at TIME but I haven't seen you back over there.
--Quadjunkie..I do hope your friend gets back on the quad..she'll miss out on a whole lotta fun if she doesn't. I've had a few major mishaps too, hey--I have a few scars to show for it too. lol. But as soon as I healed, I was right back out there. Heck...truth be told, I wasn't completely healed after my last wreck(few years back..knock on wood) when I rode again. I just had to take it easy. Geesh, I'm sorry to hear she broke her arm. She'll be a while healing from that. :(
Until next time...
Sherri

SLB400EX
09-11-2002, 12:55 PM
LilMiss...and you other ladies...
check out some of these shirts. lol. I remembered these after reading the reply from LilMiss....
http://www.dirtdivas.com/products_tshirt.html (I hope the link works OK)
I really, really like the "Dirt is a girls best friend" shirt but I have yet to order one. lol

Later girls...Sher

02exchic
09-11-2002, 02:48 PM
ThorChick~~~ Sounds like you had yourself a great weekend!!! My husband and I were going to come down on Monday (Labor Day) but we heard that you needed passes.....didn't have any. :(
We did hit Sand Lake this past Sunday though, it was great. They had a Bronco Fest and everyone was packing up so we had the place almost to ourselves!

QuadJunkies~~~ Glad to hear your friend will be okay!! Hopefully she will get back on. I had a friend who fell off on her second ride and broke her elbow. Thankfully she can't wait to be fully healed so she can get back on.

SLB400EX~~~ Cool shirts! :D I may have to get me one of those.

Later ladies
Carrie

QuadJunkies
09-11-2002, 06:18 PM
I dig those shirts!!! I saw a few I like, I ll have to hint around to the ole man to but for me!:)..Thorchick~~ Wow.. sounds like you had a blast:)! Cant wait to come down to Ore. next summer!!!I hope I have a new quad by then , but if not, I definately have to get the TEC caps, I found out today that Im at about 100db.and so is the 400ex..WEll, there may be hope for my friend who wrecked yet...she shows some signs of riding..I hope she does,since Im the only girl rider in our group:(

LiLMissHondaEx
09-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Sher-I have been so busy...I havent made it back over to time since I posted there a few days ago. I am still not positive on going to WNF yet, but certainly trying to work it out.

I GOTTA HAVE THAT T-SHIRT!!! THAT IS TOOO COOL!! I AM GOING TO ORDER ME ONE...OR TWO...LOL!!

Well I guess I am going to get some laundry done...get ready to ride this weekend...I havent been anywhere in about 3 weeks...man that kills me!

Oh - 02exchic....we have the same name!!! :D

See ya ladies

Carrie

02exchic
09-12-2002, 08:51 AM
LiLMissHondaEx~~ That's too funny! ;) Out of all the people I have met with the same name, you are the first one that spells it the same way.

That's all for now! Early here....not quite awake yet. Ganna go have some coffee.

BTW--I am ordering a pipe and filter today!!!! Whooohoooo :D :devil
Have any of you ever jetted your quad yourself??? I have some instructions, doesn't look too hard, but a little involved......:confused: I've done oil changes and a few other things myself but that's it....

QuadJunkies
09-12-2002, 08:54 AM
If you run into any problems...Let me know, I may be ablr to hepl ya out!:) Yourt gonna love it when its done, it makes a huge difference:)...BTW~~~ what did you order??

02exchic
09-12-2002, 09:06 AM
mmmm.....coffee :p

Thanks!!! I will let you know. My hubby is going to try to help out but I like to do stuff on my quad mostly by myself (if I can). He likes it that way too!

I ordered the FMF Q pipe. I was going to go with the White Bros or Pro Circuit but their db levels are a little high...trying to be good about the regulations here at the dunes.....not sure how strictly they enforce but...
Sometime down the line I will also get the header pipe....

QuadJunkies
09-12-2002, 01:47 PM
i FOUND A WEB SITE THAT HAS THE dB LEVELS FOR PIPES ON THE ORE. COAST, AND i SENT THEM AN EMAIL FOR FINDING OUT THE db LEVEL ON A 400EX WITH A YOSHI PIPE, AND THEY HAD LISTED SEVERAL PIPES AVE. dB LEVEL..i WILL TRY AND FIND IT AND YOU CAN LOOK TO SEE WHAT YOURS IS:) MINE WILL RUN AROUND100DB WHICH MEANS,TEC CAPS FOR ME, BUT I LOVE MY PIPE,SO ITS WORTH IT.I THINK THE SITE WAS THROUGH THE DEPT. OF REC.IN OREGON,I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THEY MADE THE CAPS FOR OUR PIPES BEFORE WE COME TO THE COAST,I AM PUTING A TRINITY PIPE ON MY DAUGHTERS MINI QUAD THIS WINTER,
AND I BET ITS LOUD,I AM GONNA HAVE TO FIND OUT THE DB OF IT TOO,AND IF THEY MAKE COVERS FOR IT TOO, MY LUCK WOULD BE ..GET THERE AND CANT RIDE OR GET A TICKET OR SOMETHING..LOL...:p LET US KNOW WHEN YOUR PIPE COMES AND HOW YOU LIKED IT!IT WILL DEFINATLEY HAD A FEW HORSES TO YOUR QUAD,I LOVE THE FULL SYSTEM ON OURS:)

02exchic
09-12-2002, 02:33 PM
The Oregon Dunes have a pretty strict dB level, 93! The stock pipe runs at 88-89...hard to find anything aftermarket that is less that 100.
A few of my friends have used FMF pipes on their quads and bikes and liked them so I figured I would try the pipe out. From what I have read it should still give the same HP increase.

You shouldn't have a problem finding quiet inserts for the pipes you currenlty have. I think most companies sell them....it may just be a matter of $$$.

I also don't really know how hard they enforce the sound issue. The info on the web sounds a lot stricter than what I have seen. I think you have to be pretty loud for them to stop you. I have been out there before on a holiday weekend when the rangers were out in force and never seen anyone stopped.....even with the super loud Big Gun systems. :huh
Maybe ThorChick has some more input on this since she rides that area a lot???

I'll let ya knw how I like it when i get it, will probably be about 2 weeks or so....waiting sucks! :(

SLB400EX
09-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Cool!!!! New quad goodies!!!!! :D
I've only 'helped' on when it comes to tearing into the carbs. S'pose if I have to I could do it myself, we've been into Rob's carb enuff. ;) One bit of advise for ya 02exchic...careful taking out those little screws on the carb to get to the jets. Those babies will strip out in a heart beat - been there..done that. So have many other people.
Sooo?? What are all you girls gonna get into this weekend????

QuadJunkies
09-12-2002, 03:52 PM
You are so right about that!!! Been there ,done that!They do stip our easily.And when we repacked the pipe, we went ahead and sent it to them to so,didnt cost that much and it is such a bear to get the screws out w/o messing it up, they were on so tight that honda couldnt even get them off!!Not much going on for me this wk. end.I have to work, but Im hoping to go trailing up to Idaho City the end of the month.Its a neat old mining town and lots of trails and old logging raods up ther, and the veiw is awesome!:) I ve never been trailing before, so Im very excited. Im not sure if Im taking the youngest of my kids yet, I think his poor little thumb will tire out, but my Daughter should have no problem with it. I cant wait until hes a little older and more into the whole riding thing ,we will be able to take them on more rides then...

02exchic
09-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys! (I mean girls :) ) I have heard that before about those screws...a little worried about that. :(
I won't have the pipe for about a month so I will plan a time to do all this stuff when it won't cut into too much riding time in case I hit that problem. So, did you guys just take the carb to the shop when the screws stripped out? If so, how much was it for them to get them out?? Also, would spraying them with a little WD-40 help get them out. That's what I have always used on any other srews/bolts that I have had trouble with.....????:confused:

QuadJunkies~~Have fun!!! Trails are a lot of fun!

We are going to Sand Lake again this weekend. Get one more ride in the sand before I slap the dirt tires back on.....still need to buy a new one from when I crashed 4th of July weekend...oops! :devil

SLB400EX
09-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Nothing goin' on here this weekend. Rob's working....you're not alone there QuadJunkie. :( You'll have to let us know how you like the trails. Here--that's all we do and I LOVE it. From the mud to the rocks and the jumps.... yeehhaaawwww!!!
02exchic, when ya go to take out the screws, use a GOOD screw driver and lightly 'hammer' it in the head of the screw before you turn on it. Understand?? Sorry, WD-40 won't help here. If you do happen to strip one of them, use some locking pliers to turn the screws. You might even wanna take one of thoe POS screws to the hardware store and get some better ones to replace 'em. Something we didn't do but should've.
Well now...you ladies who are hitting the trails and sand this weekend..HAVE FUN!!! QuadJunkie and I will be here bonding while you're all out having fun. :)
LilMiss...where you guys going?????

Later gals....Sherri

02exchic
09-13-2002, 10:03 AM
SLB400EX~~ Thanks!!! I will take that advice to heart!

SLB400EX
09-13-2002, 11:43 AM
--02exchic, why soooo long on the pipe???? :( Geesh, a month seems like forvever when're waiting on quad parts.
--Hey QuadJunkie...did ya hit the Disturbed site (lol) and listen to those tunes yet???? The new CD comes out next week!!! Sweeeeeet!!!!! :devil

QuadJunkies
09-13-2002, 12:00 PM
My husband has had the Cd in his work truck all wqk. I have it now, and im going to listen to it today,I cant wiat until its for sale!!!:) I was kinda wondering the same about the pipe too:confused: that would kill me to wait that long!:(Tell them to step on it!:)

02exchic
09-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Well....the pipe is taking so long because they were all sold out. I am getting it from Rock Mtn. I did find it at Chaparral but they won't get any until Oct 1st, and Rocy Mtn has free shipping. ;) Everyplace else I checked was more expensive....Since saving money meant I could buy other stuff too, I went with them. I hate waiting too.....:( It will come soon enough...i hope.

You guys are funny with the Distrubed stuff.....my brother in law loves and I mean LOVES them too. ;)

SLB400EX
09-13-2002, 12:33 PM
Gotta love it when stuff you really, really want right now is on back order, huh??? :(

Ahhhh, come on Carrie, YOU don't like Disturbed?????? ;) What do you like to listen to????

LiLMissHondaEx
09-13-2002, 01:01 PM
I get to go riding this weekend!! Woohoo!!! Going to be perfect camping weather too!! Its actually going to feel like fall!! Gotta love bundling in the sleeping bags! ;) We are just heading out to Haspin....the same ole same ole....no sand :mad: We like it there though....lots of trails....plenty of mud...and of course the drag strip. Sometimes I wonder why I dont set up camp right there by the track....LoL!! Well you ladies have fun at home...I know how it feels...I have been at home the past 3 weekends so this weekend is well deserved!

Talk to you ladies on Monday!

Carrie

02exchic
09-13-2002, 01:04 PM
Oh I like Disturbed too.....I listen to pretty much everything. I really like Long Beach Dub Allstars and stuff like that. I also like some rap, and classic rock....don't really do country or classical but I will listen to almost anything else. When I'm at home and I can really crank it up, I love NOFX or Pennywise, or (don't laugh) Beastie Boys..or more mellow Tom Petty, Bob Marley, Credence Clearwater. Really depends on my mood as to what I choose to listen too.... :)

angelon400ex
09-14-2002, 09:08 AM
Hey! I am getting ready to race the final race for points in the Mideast Harescrambles and if I am able to win the race it will wrap up the 2002 MidEast Women's championship for me. I am REALLY excited too because NO DUST! I am finally getting the mud race I have been wanting. I am planning on having some fun! I am also preparing for the event of a lifetime as I join a race team for the 12 Hrs of ATV America race in Fort Dodge Iowa. The kicker is that I will be racing on a Grizzly. If that doesn't prove I am versatile in this sport....I don't know what will LOL! I found a trainer who is sponsoring me at Gold's Gymn to workout to prepare for handling 200+ more lbs of machine. I have one heck of a month ahead but I can't wait to experience US ATV history as they have the first 12 hr endurance race patterned after the race in France. I hope I will have a good report after this weekend and look forward to talking to women who actually understand where I am coming from with my love for this sport. ANgela

QuadJunkies
09-14-2002, 09:50 AM
Oh, i am so envious!!!I wish you tons of good luck and a big hug! be safe k?...I wish i could see you out there.fill us all in on how it all went :) I have soccer game so i have to run... Tina

ThorChick
09-14-2002, 02:50 PM
I've never really had a problem at Florence as far as the sound ordinance goes. I think I've probably been lucky though. I'm running the full White Bros. E-series exhaust on my quad, which makes it at least 100dB and increased the hp by about 7 to 10. I've seen people get pulled over at Florence for sound infractions but usually they are WAY louder than I am. I've even ridden past the sound cops (after severely downshifting and putting on by) and they've barely even looked my direction. They are pretty tough on banshees and other 2strokes that run the louder systems, and I haven't seen them bother many piped 4strokes. Another good way to avoid them is to pretend like you are loading your bike up if they come into the parking lot you are at. And its even easier to outrun them if you duck into a trail and just ride up there for a while, they don't like to scratch their pretty little trucks. I've also heard that they patrol on Warrior's, so pretty much anyone can outrun their atv patrol as well. Haha, great all these little tips are making me sound like a criminal. I don't really know this stuff from experience, I've never had to run from the patrol. At least, not yet. :devil
I'm getting pretty excited in the last week or 2, my bday is on the 18th and I'm dying to see what my boyfriend gets me. Maybe it'll be parts for my quad.....or maybe a new quad......hehe, I wish! He's being really secretive, so it'll probably be something really great. Well ladies, gotta run for now but I'll talk to ya later.

Bye! Kacy :)

SLB400EX
09-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Well, how was everyone's weekend??
Ok here. SO.S. Finally, it rained here Sunday. We've needed rain in such a bad way for a long time now, the trails were sooooo dusty and hard packed the last time we rode - it was terrible. I don't know about the rest of you but when I'm blinded by dust and I can't see, I freak. :(

How'd the quad trips go girls??? Let's hear the stories. Any of you have pics to share????

Just 1 more day til the new CD from Disturbed is released!!!
Yeehhaaawwww!!!!

:devil

Later..
Sher

QuadJunkies
09-16-2002, 11:28 AM
WEll, as you already know, my wk. end was very boring, work work and more work...:( We managed to get our quads oil chaged,ect.and helped the neighbor with his, and thats about it.THorchick~~have you noticed any mini quads out at Florence,and if so, are they running them with a pipe?I am curious to know what the Db level is on the little ones??Ive been a little lazy, I should call Trinity and just ask them i guess, I think Im going to post the question in the Dunes section...Any info from all of you would be great!:)Angelon400ex~~I was wondering how you liked your trainer??? I too have one from Golds Gym, and personally ...I cant stand her!She never has a shedule that fits my needs, and she has no personality,she very rude too, I wonder if I can request someone else?BTW,When is the big day ? I wish you lots of luck.LILMissHondaEx~~I too would love to hear how your riding was this wk. end.DO TELL!!One more day for the Disturbed CD...I did listen to the sneak peak, and I think its gonna be good!!:)Sher... I totalyy agree w/ you when it comes to dust,I hate it! its like desret land here, so we have a lot of it, The last wk. end we went riding it had just rained,so it was nice in the sand and dirt.God, I wish we all lived closer together:( I think you all would be a blast to ride with..!!:cool: :D

ThorChick
09-16-2002, 12:10 PM
I've seen quite a few mini quads at Florence, but not everyone puts pipes on them. One trip though we sat and watched a 4 year old on his mini, and I'd swear it was piped. It wasn't quiet, but had a real tinny sound to it, pretty cute. I don't think that the mini quads have anything to worry about as far as dB levels go, most sound cops aren't mean enough to ticket little kids. ;)

SLB400EX
09-17-2002, 05:43 AM
QuadJunkie....you're the one paying for the membership and the trainer, if you're not happy with her--surely you can request another one.

lol....I wouldn't have the heart to ticket a little kid. ;)

02exchic, never heard of Long Beach Dub Allstars and NOFX....interesting. Pennywise rings a bell...what tunes do they have out that I/we might know??

Still waiting for stories from the weekend rides...... :)

02exchic
09-17-2002, 09:53 AM
SLB400EX ~ They don't play that stuff on the radio stations around here....not sure if they do anywhere else. Long Beach is the surviving members of Sublime...ring a bell there???

My husband and I went to Sand Lake over the weekend with his cousin and her bf. They had a great time toolin around on my 400. Maybe they will get one. :p

QuadJunkies
09-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Ok girls...Im one pissed off chick right now!!!Have all of you been to the "chicks" thread yet?I swear it takes all kinds...whats your thought on this calendar thign?? I personally would love to do it,but it has to be clean...I would post a pic of my roost in the snow!:) hey SLB400EX~~Im headed in a minute to get the new CD!Cant wait to hear it:blah

SLB400EX
09-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Disturbed CD is excellent...... can't wait for you to hear it. Can you believe they have a 'ballad' of sorts on it?????
You gotta let me know what you think.....I'm listening to it as I type this, for the 3rd time!!! I had it in my hand at 11am!!!

On this "chicks" post and calendar deal....
I saw the post a long time ago. I recently replied, twice. Honestly, I usually stay away from posts like that one, sooner or later they turn to trash....someone mentions "girls" or "chicks" ...I've learned that soon the smut starts. I get really tired of the guys posting pics of near-naked girls..girls that I seriously doubt can even ride!! I hope I didn't offend you QuadJunkie with my one reply but I serious doubt she knows a clutch lever from a brake caliper.
:(
I'm not saying another word on that subject........
OK...
As far as the calendar, it'd be a cool deal IF it was done in good taste..by someone who has their hormones in control. Would I sumit a pic? I doubt it...I seriously hate having my picture taken but IF it's done in good taste...I'd most likely buy one. I personally think it should include guys AND girls.

Later gals....Sherri

QuadJunkies
09-17-2002, 01:24 PM
I totally agree with you 1005 on the calendar thing.I hate pictures too,I mean... I REALLY hate pictures..but Im getting better about them when Im riding now.No offense taken on anything:)not offended a bit:)as for the Disturbed Cd~~~~~I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I like the first one the best though.this was a little different ,and yes, a major slow song..weird for them,but good, I found a few songs I didnt like,unlike the fisrt one ,I loved them all!!But it is a really good Cd.I picked it up 12:30 my time..Ho, BTW~~ thats was pretty funny what you said about the clutch lever from a brake caliper..LOL I laughed my @** off..Talk to you soon...Tina:):)

QuadJunkies
09-17-2002, 01:25 PM
oops.. that should have read 100%..sorry:(

SLB400EX
09-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Did you just call me a "HO"???? lmao--BIG TIME!!!! :devil Funny!!!

I didn't care for "Liberate" or "Mistress".. but I do like the CD none-the-less. Yeah, it is a different sound compared to The Sickness, I was surprised...but not disappointed. I didn't wanna give away too much in case you read my reply BEFORE you actually bought the CD.
Hey... are you able to watch the Prayer video when you put the CD in your puter? :( I can hear everything but that's it..I can't see a darn thing, the screen is black. Any suggestions????? Heeelp.... :rolleyes:

Sherri

angelon400ex
09-17-2002, 03:40 PM
I knew the Exrider women would appreciate this shot...
Most of us are REAL riders (just got through reading the chicks post) and this represents the real side of the sport. Reality was I was out there this weekend to win my women's championship no matter what the conditions. I won it and finished with a lovely coating of MUD and beat 28 of the men:D

09-17-2002, 03:42 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

angelon400ex
09-17-2002, 03:48 PM
PS...The only reason my face is clean is because someone offered me a rag at the finish line. I never could use my goggles so I had mud chunks dangling from my eyelids and my lips were caked up and I kept spitting mud. It was hilarious and I had a BLAST! Boy, some of the guys got strung out about it though. You could tell they weren't mud fans. There was NO DUST...it was awesome. We got rain on us most of the race from the tropical storms on the coast. The trails had turned into a "slot car track" and it was nothing but a huge mud fest. It wasn't so much about speed as stubborn determination. And I am stubborn;)

SLB400EX
09-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Congrats Angela!!! Yeah, very cool pic there...
I like mud too. Just wish we had a bit more of it this summer to play in.

QuadJunkies
09-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Way to go girl!!!:):) I mso happy for you..I wish I could have been there to see ya,were you riding on the griz for this race???I love the pic too, got any more???SLB400ex~~ I will have to try it in my puter, I was able to view it on the web site,but I havent tried it with my new cd yet,Ill let you know ..

SLB400EX
09-18-2002, 05:32 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THORCHICK!!!!!!
Hope all your birthday wishes come ture!!!!

Sooo, ahhh, what did your b/f get ya?? Or can't ya tell us??
:devil

Sherri

02exchic
09-18-2002, 08:50 AM
angelon400ex~ Great pic!! and Congrats!!! I LOVE TO GET DIRTY!!! Looking forward to swaping my tires back to the dirt ones so we can hit the trails! We will be coming into the rainy season here in Oregon soon. :D

ThorChick~ Happy B-Day!! ;) So what did the bf getcha?? Huh? Huh?

PS-On the "chicks" thread calender thing.....good ideas....don;t know how well it would work out. I DO agree that guys and gals should be in it though...it shoudl be about the sport....no what you look like.....just my .02

Carrie

QuadJunkies
09-18-2002, 11:50 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THORCHICK!!!!!!!:::):):):) What kind of goodies did you get?DO TELL!!! Ok.... girls, for those of you who want to be on the calendar, go over to "chikcs" thread and submit your pic .. It cna be of whatever,you kids, you, you and your bf hubby, whatever you want and he will have it ready by NOV. sometime.Lets show all the guys that WE too love this sport as much as they do,I am going to take some better pics the next time I go riding,so dont let me be the only girl on that calendar k???

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 02:49 PM
bump..:confused: send in those pics!!:):):)

FoxRacingsgirl
09-19-2002, 03:39 PM
hey girls,
Sorry haven't posted in here in a little while, been fighting other battles <ahem> :devil but glad to see this is still up and running!:)

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 03:56 PM
FoXRacingGirl~~~ he,he, WOMEN POWER!!!! :):)

Red400exGirl
09-19-2002, 04:19 PM
OK LADIES IM HERE!!!! :D

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey girl...did you read the reply on "i need a girl.. did you get it ??? I sure didnt, I noticed you relpied to him also..

Red400exGirl
09-19-2002, 04:25 PM
haha no clue what he meant by chickens
i figured it was because im blonde
so i didnt question it
seems like drinking did more than make him lonely haha

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 04:27 PM
NO kiddin...lol. so lets hear a little about ya!A little intro??Good to have another women to chat with over here ,and a little closer to my end of the world

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 04:29 PM
oh BTW~~ forgot to mention, over here you will find a really nice group of women,so you wont have to much of all that "testosterone"flyin around here!:)

Red400exGirl
09-19-2002, 04:38 PM
Little intro....hmmm....

I got into riding about 4 years ago. My ex was into the whole desert scene and loved me enough to buy me a 98 yz125, then loved me enough to make me stop riding bikes (i crash too much). Said I would be better on 4wheels and since my sister already had a 400 i copied her lol same color everything and im in a weird spot right now
the ex and i just called everything off completely and he *might* be a dick and try and take my babies (400 and yz125) so im not sure but yeah
anything else you wanna know?

QuadJunkies
09-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Aw, that would suck if you lost your EX!:eek: You got any pics of it??Speaking of pics... Any of you other ladies gonna post some pics for the calendar?? So far Im the only gril up there, and my pic is nothing special,I need to geet a few good ones..lets see some more pics out there!!:):)

QuadTrix6
09-21-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Anyone man enough to tame this beast?

whoa did she eat her quad ?

Castor-426ex
09-21-2002, 10:51 AM
shes her own garage LMGDAO!!

QuadJunkies
09-21-2002, 12:25 PM
:huh :confused: ???

ThorChick
09-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Thanks girls, I had a great birthday! My boyfriend took 2 days off work to come see me and took me to go see a movie during the day. He also sent me 20 long stem purple (my fave color) roses with babies breath and bought me new aluminum Renthal handlebars for my 300EX. But since my quad is up at his house, he's putting them on for me today. I think we are going riding next week and he didn't want to wait for me to do it cause he wanted them on before we went. My mom bought me a new watch and some earings, and my friend Kirsten bought me a new THOR tshirt. We all went to dinner and my mom's best friend made me a chocolate cake with little toy quads, jumps and even girl riders on it. It was so cool!!! We got lots of pics and as soon as I can scan them I'm posting it. All of the waiters and waitresses in the restaurant thought my cake was awesome. This has probably been one of my better birthdays, it was great. Anyways, I'm gonna go take a little nap before work....talk to you ladies later.....

Oh yea....Congratulations on your win Angel, and thats a badazz pic!!!

Castor-426ex
09-21-2002, 11:05 PM
someone said she ate her quad.....i therefore replied with my jackass nature as usual...lol sorry

QuadJunkies
09-22-2002, 12:19 AM
WOW!!Cant wait to see the cake!!Get those pics up ASAP!:) glad you had a good b-day,let me know how you like your handlebars,Im needing one for the 400ex..hope you all had a good wk. end

Castor-426ex
09-22-2002, 12:34 AM
oh cmon Quadjunkies it wasnt that bad? lmao

09-22-2002, 12:52 AM
whew now that was some damn good chicken tonight...... And no the blonde thing isnt a requirement :D but it does usually end up that way;)

Castor theres nothing wrong with being wise.:devil

Castor-426ex
09-22-2002, 01:04 AM
i dunno what happened...

she ate a quad? thats what someone posted...i noticed she was a big girl and that her, eating a quad would be possible....but digesting a quad might not....so shes just pretty much her own garage...lol it keeps her midnight snack outta the weather...it looks like the quad she ate had a 6 pack rack on it Lmao!

QuadJunkies
09-22-2002, 09:42 AM
Im gonna have to read this a little better before I reply to this one...:confused:

ThorChick
09-23-2002, 01:25 AM
Man, I must be kinda slow....I read the last few posts the other night and had to go back through the entire thread to figure out what was going on....I almost got offended cause I thought they were talking about me!!LOL

Anyways, I just wanted to say "HAHAHA, I get it now!!"

Castor-426ex
09-23-2002, 02:11 AM
really??? thank god...lol we had a crisis...

ThorChick
09-23-2002, 02:37 AM
LMAO, yea almost, but its over now and everything is all good....

Castor-426ex
09-23-2002, 09:45 AM
i dunno yet..lol ive still got to get quadjunkies approval on that joke...all she has to do is look at page 1 at the um..."slightly" over weight woman who looks like she is about to consume a bed...lol

QuadJunkies
09-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Sorry..Im a little slow I will go and read the whole pg. on one,you arent referring to "Thorchick"were you???Im thinkin someone else,Castor wouldnt laugh at her Im sure..:).. I guess thats all part of that aging thing.(or a blonde thing). which brings me to this subject....I know most of probably haevnt reached this ponit, but I have been having a REALLY hard time with this "aging "thing the last few wks. and today is one of the worse.I dont know why, but it has really got me down.Guys that are reading this, you can laugh all you want and make fun of me being too"emotional "all you want,but this is a mjor BIG deal to me and I cant seen to shake it at all.Sometimes like right now, Ill and sit and cry because it gets me down..Im always told by people Im too hard on myself, but I cant help it..I dont know why Im on here babbling and feeling sorry for myself...sorry, I just had to tell someone i guess....

02exchic
09-23-2002, 10:53 AM
QuadJunkies~~ I understand......I am not there yet but I remember my Mom going through that and she had a really hard time--still is as she is getting closer to her 50th bday.
I have seen you pics that you have posted and you have nothing to worry about!!!! You look great! And you seem to have lots going for you with your family and riding activities, etc, etc.....;) ;)

ThorChick~~ You will love the new handlebars. I don't know how the two stock bars compare (300 vs 400) but I LOVE the ones I got for mine. Great stuff you did for your bday!! Sounds like you had a great time! :D

As for the rest of the posts....I'm a little slow...think I got it now. How the heck did all that start. :confused:

stuntasgirl
09-23-2002, 11:19 AM
12 pages later but i figured what they hey.. hows it goin ladies!!

SLB400EX
09-23-2002, 11:20 AM
I just looked at your profile QuadJunkie..I am one year and 8 days older than you. 01/29/68 here. lol. I didn't realize we were so close in age.
Ok.........here are my thoughts and feelings....
I don't have issues with aging really, the older I get - the better life gets!
.....I do however have issues with these d*mn little lines and wrinkles showing up. "Laugh lines" they call them??? :rolleyes: Geesh.
The up side....if I don't laugh, you don't see them!! lol. ;)

SLB400EX
09-23-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by stuntasgirl
12 pages later but i figured what they hey.. hows it goin ladies!!

hey..better late than never, right??
:)
HI!!

QuadJunkies
09-23-2002, 11:32 AM
SLB400EX~~~ LOL. now thats funny...:) thats just it, Im usually such a bubbly ,happy go lucky person,and I seem to be down and out alot lately, and yes...the lines are creepin up one me..crows feet, laugh lines you name it..I wish I could be like you and have no issues with it, Im usually the "**** it!" additude,Im working with a trainer trying to get my body in good shape hoping that will give me a little more self estime( i think I spelled that wrong)I just have no patience..THanks for all you listening to me sulk:(

DarkStarRacing
09-23-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
i dunno what happened...

she ate a quad? thats what someone posted...i noticed she was a big girl and that her, eating a quad would be possible....but digesting a quad might not....so shes just pretty much her own garage...lol it keeps her midnight snack outta the weather...it looks like the quad she ate had a 6 pack rack on it Lmao!

its ok castor we gotcha :rolleyes: ..roflmao

DarkStarRacing
09-23-2002, 11:46 AM
you chicks need to stop your whinning, this is a ex message board not some place to talk about laugh lines :rolleyes:

stuntasgirl
09-23-2002, 11:52 AM
its also an open forum...

02exchic
09-23-2002, 11:55 AM
yes.....open, if you don't like it....please escort yourself out. :p

QuadJunkies
09-23-2002, 11:57 AM
ANd its also a womens thread..So if you dont like it.. LEAVE!:grr

DarkStarRacing
09-23-2002, 11:59 AM
ROFLMFAO.....lata

QuadJunkies
09-23-2002, 11:59 AM
Was I being a little too rude??:confused: didnt think so..:blah

Castor-426ex
09-23-2002, 12:04 PM
i dont think so.....open forum...hmm open topics allowed..off topic posts allowed...i dont see the problem.....i was talking about the laugh line...so i dunno wtf...or really care..I try to get along with everyone..but sometimes..I make exceptions

02exchic
09-23-2002, 12:57 PM
hee hee lata sucka! :D :devil

stuntasgirl
09-23-2002, 01:25 PM
well they dont like the laugh line post... lets talk about my love handles then lol

Castor-426ex
09-23-2002, 01:49 PM
love handles....i have grips...lmao....

nah jp....

stuntasgirl
09-23-2002, 01:55 PM
lol :blah

SLB400EX
09-23-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by stuntasgirl
well they dont like the laugh line post... lets talk about my love handles then lol

lmfao!!!! good one!!!

Castor .... you crack me up too.

Ahhh QuadJunkie..cheer up girlfriend. I understand where ya are coming from. There is only one thing for us to do here...fight mother nature d*mnit!! Slather on that retinol, lift those weights and ride our quads like wild women!! :devil
Once you start seeing results at the gym..you'll be hooked, trust me. It'll lift you spirits & boost your self esteem right back up.

angelon400ex
09-23-2002, 06:58 PM
Sher is right! I just got back from the gymn and I feel great. I may be racing the Grizzly this weekend in one of my Mideast Races in Utility class. If not I will be on my 400EX in four stroke with the guys. Either way the working out makes me feel stronger and more confident. Yipppeeeeee!
So glad to have one of the best group of gal pals on here!!!! ALL OF YOU ROCK! Don't forget that QuadJunkies!!! I am turning 32 in October and am fortunate enough to pass for 5-10 years younger (according to the day LOL) and fight like crazy to feel young and live young! Keep that chin up and remember it is GREAT to be a woman who rides quads!

09-23-2002, 07:22 PM
I try to get along with everyone..but sometimes..I make exceptions
ROFLMFAO :D

Why you girls so worried about everyting? Whats so wrong about looking your age or being who you are?

Life is so much simpler when you are confident in yourself and happy with who you are and what you have and know what you want. Not that its time to roll over and drop dead but just that there is a certain good feeling when you are honest with yourself as opposed to the anexiety of finding your not who you wanted to be.

Plus if more people were like that (both men and women) I think that the domestic violence numbers would plument.:rolleyes:

Cheer up go have a beer or pizza or an affair or something:eek:

Castor-426ex
09-23-2002, 09:38 PM
hey lmao i aint no girl..but I made one;)

QuadJunkies
09-23-2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks to all of you for trying to cheer me up, I guess there is just so much pressure out there to look your best ,i guess im just realizing im not a "young pup" like i used to be anymore..and I take pride or at least try to in myself and all ways,so maybe thats why im being so hard on myself,you all are so sweet thank you..today would have been a good day to go riding.stress reliever..i guess ill have to settle for a day at the gym.;)

Castor-426ex
09-23-2002, 10:29 PM
what ? you look great whats the matter with you?

when did all this start?

QuadJunkies
09-23-2002, 10:44 PM
I guess really since around spring.I have to confess, that is one of the reasons i never have too many pics riding,(not to mention no one offers to take any either,always busty doing everyones elses):rolleyes: I mean, spring is when it really hit me hard i guess.

Castor-426ex
09-23-2002, 11:10 PM
well you must be drunk

cause i think you look just fine...:)

heck Im all for you postin some more pics of you ridin

SLB400EX
09-24-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by angelon400ex
I am turning 32 in October and am fortunate enough to pass for 5-10 years younger

Geesh..was that s'posed to make her feel better....????

:confused:

SLB400EX
09-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Well QuadJunkie...how's today?? I hope we've cheered you up at least a little bit. If you and I lived closer..we'd take 440EX4me's advise and go have a beer and toast to life!! I like beer and pizza.... :)
Have you requested another personal trainer yet???

Hey LilMiss..you still reading these????? Still gonna try and make the trip to WNF next month???

Castor-426ex
09-24-2002, 11:30 PM
why are you girls going to a personal trainer....wtf is goin on?

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 12:04 AM
SLB400EX~~thanks for asking.. Im a little better today, but still bumming,ill just have to find a way to just deal with it i guess.ANGELON400EX~~You do look great for your age:)else the sport will help me stay young in the mind,or do me in!:blah CASTOR400EX~~ I have hired a trainer at golds gym to get in shape:):)..and ANGELON400EX is trying to shape up for her next few races..She is smokin em all out there..YOU GO GIRL!!:D I guess Im not going to be getting a new trainer any time soon..all those lazy AZZES wont get up and do appt. befroe noon!! I paid alot to have them get the Bod a going, I only have 3 more with her, so after that Im on my own.I LOVE PIZZA AND BEER!:blah but I have to watch those calories too,so as a treat I may have to go have some this week..Good idea.Thanks for all the cheering up,you all are the best......really:)

Castor-426ex
09-25-2002, 12:18 AM
umm ok...that should take about 5 minutes...lol

who defines..."in shape" ?

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 12:35 AM
lol... well, I dont know who"defines "it, but i know im not there yet..you know..nice defined muscle(not mass though..YUK!) tone that kinda stuff..

Castor-426ex
09-25-2002, 12:38 AM
wellnevermind then...i gotta go eat....lol

SLB400EX
09-25-2002, 05:52 AM
Castor..you work out/lift weights any????
;)

Hey QuadJunkie.....have you ever thought about getting a BowFlex??? No going to the gym, no dealing with pain in rear trainers and you can work out at 6am or 6 pm..which time ever suits your schedule. You can do a whole slew of excersises on a BowFlex, work out your uppper body, abs, legs, rear end....you name it, you can work on it.
They are kinda pricey but well worth it. You can even get a used one at E-Bay. My best friend and her hubby got a pretty good deal on a used one there.
Just something to think about..........

:)

Castor-426ex
09-25-2002, 10:00 AM
yes..im actually a health nut...but not one of those bulky muscle guys..i can hold my own hehe

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 10:08 AM
SLB400EX~~ I have no room for equipment at my house:) the kids crap took over:blah I am stuck with my membership for a year contract,so I have to make the best of it,I live in a small town thats not close to much,and Golds was close by ,I only wish they had a pool and hot tub for after those workouts:p with my son in Kindergarden, i cant venture far in the mornings,but when he goes into 1st grade, i will probably switch to 24hr fitness os something.

Castor-426ex
09-25-2002, 10:15 AM
i drink v8 lmao

02exchic
09-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Bulky guys are icky ;)

Going to the gym is great as long as you don't push yourself too hard and get burnt out. Getting outside and going for a walk, bike ride, run, etc. helps to mix up the gym routine a little. Get yourself to go twice or three times a week and do other stuff the other days, then you won't get bored.

QuadJunkies~ do you guys have any pets? Dogs are a great motivator for getting outside. Mine take me for a run several times a week. :D

Castor-426ex
09-25-2002, 11:03 AM
wait..i have a lazy dog...could that be why I am? lol

seriously...he barks laying down...he wont stand up....its like he forgot hes got legs...???

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 11:12 AM
Castor~~..lol...i guess V8 is a start:).... No, I have no pets(well some lizzards)I am severly allergic to animal hair,I feel bad for the kids and all,but really having a dog is like having another child..dont get me wrong,I love my kids to death, but they are a hassle and they will tear up my new yard.I onlt wokr out 3 days a week(mon.wed. and fri.)but not today,I was way too tired to go so, i do some of my stuff at home(stretching and walking) its beed really tough getting motivated enough to get up and stay up when the kids go to school.I hate working nights, thats why im hear at all hrs. and a total insomniac:blah ...SO any of you have plans to ride this wk. end??Castor~~ I never here of you talkin about your riding trips, got any pics of any??I would love to see them:):) as usual, Im working:( BUT! I balckmailed my boss ,so it looks like a will have a full wk. end in the next 2 wks..I hope to get one more camping trip in before it gets too cold here

Castor-426ex
09-25-2002, 11:34 AM
ill find some pics..

stuntasgirl
09-25-2002, 01:16 PM
i used to run everyday... that lasted a month maybe now i'm back to my lazy habbits. i like to pretend that im in shape.. but i'm not.. lol..

angelon400ex
09-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by SLB400EX

Geesh..was that s'posed to make her feel better....????

:confused:

I get in one heck of a big hurry posting when time is very limited and should have added that I think Quadjunkies ALSO looks younger than her age. And I have seen a lot of pics of you Sher, and you don't look your age!!!!! Besides no one would guess what us gals do in our spare time if they saw us in the local grocery store. My personal opinion....I think this sport keeps us younger mentally thus slowing physical aging:D :D :D :D It seems to me that most women who will get on a quad and ride become very aware of their body and want to take even better care of it because this sport will find every muscle you have!
Besides the spa treatments we get do WONDERS....Here is mine from the finish line two weekends ago.

angelon400ex
09-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Let me try again....
This one is better detailed than the other mud shot. If you look closely you should be able to see nothing but mud...might be able to spot some eyeballs. LOL!

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 05:44 PM
no offense taken..really.:)And yes, now that I ride ,I take more notice to being in shape more than ever!!great pic:)I had my first ride in mud last Fri. wanns see a few pics od all of us???not as muddy as you though,this wasnt the sloppy kind, VERY STICKY KIND... and slimy slippery..HELLA FUN! I cant wait for the DAM here to dry up a bit, then we all are going on that huge ,flat MUDFEST!! YIPPEE:):):)

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 05:52 PM
another...oops I hope this one posts...

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 05:54 PM
a few more..

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 05:56 PM
heres poor Kelsey:(

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 05:57 PM
I have to show you my main squeeze too :)...

angelon400ex
09-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Awesome pics! Your kids are the cutest! And you are right....that mud looks like fender breaking mud!
If you need some serious cheering on email me at angelon400ex@hotmail.com. I would love to hear from you. I hope they will let you get out from behind the camera sometime soon!

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 09:23 PM
ANGELON400EX~~Hey, I just noticed who is sponcering you.. ATVNATION.COM... I go there once in a while. whats your name there??

02exchic
09-26-2002, 08:35 AM
Angel~ Awsome pics!!! There is nothing better than getting down and dirty!!!

QuadJunkies~ Good pics too, as always! ;) I can't get over how cute your kids are!! You should send in some pics to a magazine or something....they could model riding gear! :cool:

ThorChick
09-26-2002, 09:34 AM
Here's a pic of my quad with my new Renthals on it. I still haven't gotten to ride it yet, but my boyfriend is taking it hunting this weekend so we'll see how it does.

Castor-426ex
09-26-2002, 10:11 AM
scoot that cam over I wanna see that dirtbike...hehe

ThorChick
09-26-2002, 11:02 AM
The dirtbike is for sale if you are interested........

QuadJunkies
09-26-2002, 11:40 AM
Thats funny...:) I just bought a new printer today, and Im goona print up some good pics and send them to DW and a few other mags next week!:) I already sent in a few of Troy a few months ago, but they havent put it in yet:( Dont know if they got lost in the mial, or they just didnt put them in,too bad to, cause they were better than some of the stuff I ve seen.They were taken at St. Anthonys, and you dont see much on those dunes.

QuadJunkies
09-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Looks good!:):)..Let me know how you like them cause we need one for the 400ex and a steering stem

02exchic
09-26-2002, 01:57 PM
ThorChick~ looks good! I'm sure you will like them a lot more that the stock ones.

QuadJunkies~ That is too bad! That would be cool to open up DW and see you guys! :p
If you guys are looking for some new handlebars for the 400 and don't want to spend too much the Renthals are a good choice. I really like mine. They are pretty much the same as stock but they sit a little lower and wider, plus they look better. :cool: I got mine through Chapparel for about $50. There are LOTS to choose from though! :eek:

QuadJunkies
09-26-2002, 02:38 PM
OH, I forgot to mention..I FIRED MY TRAINER!::):blah I will have a new one tomorrow, this time it is a male,not sure how comfortable I will be working wiht a guy, who knows ,maybe less intimidating than the wench i had!:::) and maybe he can keep his Appts. later:) Tina

angelon400ex
09-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Quadjunkies, My name is the same on ATV Nation and you can usually find me in the Ladies lounge or as moderator of the sport quad and racing forum. There is also some info on our 12 hours of America race under General Discussion...teamatvnation.com
02EXchic has a great idea about the modeling....your kids are more than cute enough to be published anywhere. DWs will probably get your pics in soon. They probably stay backed up with photos.

Thorchick & 02exchic...I had Renthal bars on my Warrior and then switched them to my 400EX. Then when I got my UMI sponsorship I let my friend use them and they are still going strong. Those things are tough. Take a crashing and keep on dashing??? Maybe something along the lines of the Timex idea. They are great bars and I prefer the bend over stock. The UMI bars have been great and I would recommend them for the price and quality and the shine!:D You can't see them well in the pic but here are mine.

brokeitin3
09-26-2002, 03:51 PM
I will be your trainer, we can sit around all day eating popcorn drinkin moonshine while watching HGTV:p And you can have me for free:cool:

QuadJunkies
09-26-2002, 03:59 PM
WEll, aint that nice of ya!:) I like your kind of diet.Popcorn is above all favorite foods i cant refuse:p "Seafood diets" are the best to be on!!!The only problem is ...your a little far away:( but thanks for the offer:blah ANGELON400EX~~WOW! I will have to pop in ther more often,I used to go ther ealot, but it is so quiet these days there, I did meet a guy here in Idaho that ended up going to school w/ Troy,of all the places :) My user name ther is "FLYIN HI" I have posted a few in the "ladies Loung" and the "racing quads" section.I had some help with a few things from Prospector TIm and..Oh, I cant think of her name right now, but in the Misc. mods section,she was very nice and helpful too.I noticed there are mostly 4WD info there.

QuadJunkies
09-26-2002, 04:14 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask you, awhile back ,you asked me where I got my graphics copied at..You still needin them for yours?? I got good quality ones now..

02exchic
09-27-2002, 08:34 AM
Angel~ You need to share with us your secret to getting your bike so clean. Especially after all that mud. I scrub abd scrub and mine always looks shiny when I'm done....but not THAT clean. My God woman, what do you do??? ;)

Castor-426ex
09-27-2002, 09:01 AM
toothbrush..:D one of those motorized ones

02exchic
09-27-2002, 09:10 AM
Castor~ LOL!!! :D :D My husband has actually suggested that to me when I say I can't get it clean enough. He says it's clean and I say it can never be too clean. :p Wish it wasn't so much fun to get it dirty......NOT! :devil

I have seriously considerd buying one of those cleaning brush kits that I have seen in the Rocky Mtn catalogs but don't know if it's really worth $20...

Castor-426ex
09-27-2002, 09:20 AM
after i do the weekend baha...lol it usually takes me about 3 times in a row to get her clean...and its still not right..lol

02exchic
09-27-2002, 10:05 AM
hee hee at least I'm not the only one ;)

QuadJunkies
09-27-2002, 11:05 AM
After our mudfest, it took us 61/2 hrs to clean ours, and it still wasnt perfect.:( guess that sayin"you play, you pay",has some truth to it!:D well,its been awile since some of us has posted some our our recent riding pics, anyone have any new ones for us to see?? Castor~~ did you find a few ??

LiLMissHondaEx
09-27-2002, 07:18 PM
Wow I missed alot. My 14 year old sister moved in with me a couple weeks ago and I have been very busy getting her moved in, enrolled in school, and settled in. I havent had much time to surf. And I have been so busy at work my daytime surfing has been cut to a minimum. So many threads to respond to....and now I cant remember them all....LoL!!

QuadJunkies - I am going through the same thing about the age thing...I just turned 30 and it has bothered me for at least the past 6 months. I dont necessarily feel old...I just dont feel young anymore....LoL!! Wish I knew something to make you feel better, but if I did, then i guess I wouldnt be going through the same thing. Just keep up the working out...that will eventually make you feel much much better!

Sher - I dont think we are going to make it to WNF....we actually planned a vaca in Niagara Falls the end of October and we cant really afford both trips. Guess we will have to make it the next trip....seems you guys go up there enough to catch a trip soon!

Angel - 2 words......MUD RULES!!! Those are great pics and you certainly deserve a high five for your spunkiness and courage getting out there beating those guys! I love all of your stories!

I get my bike so muddy I can never get it clean....I've given up a long time ago....LoL!! I wash it....rinse...wash again...then when I think I've got it clean, I find more dirt...ggrrrr! But then again, could I give up the mud to have a clean bike....NEVER!! I hate those guys that are too afraid to get their precious bikes muddy. Isnt that what they are made for? Those peeps should just get a truck!

Well ladies, I have a ton of email to answer...guess I should start cleaning out my inbox! Have a good weekend!

LiLMissHondaEx
09-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Wow that post is big....maybe I should've broke it into 2 posts :eek:

QuadJunkies
09-27-2002, 08:42 PM
Good to hear from ya :). WEll Im glad Im not alone.. Can you believe that I had a coworker actually tell me I loked like I was in my 40's!!??:( Man,...that crushed me...
So all night I kept asking some of my friends if I really looked like I was 40 ish?? Ok, now I know I am feelin on the old side, but come on..

QuadJunkies
09-27-2002, 08:46 PM
I am going to just ignore his crude remarks and work like a dog at the gym(oh, btw... my new trainer is very cool,much better lookin too:) and not a snoot!! Hope you all have a great wk. end and remember... any new pics ...POST EM!:):D

ThorChick
09-28-2002, 02:06 AM
A friend of mine suggested using either WD-40 or Pledge on your plastics before going riding in sand or mud. It makes the plastics shine a lot more and the mud can be sprayed off pretty easily. It'll smell nice too if you use vanilla Pledge!!! There is a cleaner called "Simple Green" that works really well on all your engine parts. Hopefully some of this will help you ladies....I like the vanilla Pledge idea myself, works pretty well.