PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on my choices

PolarisRider
06-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, im am buying an exhaust in a couple weeks and im an somewhat sure what to go with. Ive narrowed it down to four choices. HMF, White bros e-series, Big Gun, and Suppertrapp I-DS. I ride mostly trails and a might go to a local mx track soon. Loudness is a factor but then again its kind of not. As long as its not ignorantly loud. I want your opinions on these pipes. Thank you.

PR

bigbearkid4x4
06-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Well i think out of them i think the hmf would be the best but it might be one of the loudest. they sell a quiet core for 20 bucks that quiets it pretty good. The white bros doesnt add as much h.p. i heard than the hmf but its still loud but u can tune the discs for sound. they also had problems with the welds breaking on the mounting bracket. Big gun is a decent pipe idk if u can add a quiet core that easily but its loud if u get the race one. the supertrapp runs the discs like the white brothers but they are internal. This pipe is only 179.99 from rockymountain atv ive heard a few good things about it but i havent heard much about it. but then again u get what u pay for. So overall if ur looking for a cheap, reliable, power giveing, good sounding exhaust get the hmf and quiet core and ull be set. u can be loud or quiet. just take a look aroudn the forums and see what most people run alot of people run hmf's and have nothing but good to say about them. ive had to hmfs in the past and plan on getting another for my 400ex im sold on them and wont switch to another pipe

PolarisRider
06-03-2006, 08:50 AM
thanks man excellent post!

bigbearkid4x4
06-04-2006, 02:36 PM
no prob, let me know if i can help u with any other ?'s ill see what i can do

PolarisRider
06-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Im acually down to 3 choices now. One wasnt even on here but i forgot about it. The hmf, the yoshi, and the white bros. Ive heard ppl say the welds break on the wb, then i hear they dont from other ppl who own it. I hear the hmf is a great all around exhaust. Same for the yoshi. I like the fact that the hmf can add a quiet core and so can the wb. And i like the disk optoin on the wb. Idk yet, what do you guys think? Id like to order in a week or two. Id get just a slip on the a wb header would be later. thanks

PR

PolarisRider
06-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Ive made a choice....HMF

06-05-2006, 07:17 AM
i ran a wb e-series on a 300ex for years without the welds breaking. before i had it on, my buddy had one ona 250x. he weighs about 80 lbs more than me and his 250x was even with me on my 300ex. i was stock with 22" tires and he had on 20" tires and the e-series...i would suggest that pipe for a 300ex

bwamos
06-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
Ive made a choice....HMF

Are you going with a slip-on, or a full system pipe?

If you are going with a full system, I'd look in to the Sparks X-4, it is cheaper than the HMF.

Curtis also has quiet core inserts for his pipes now, also. So it won't be as obnoxious as mine is.. lol.

QuadRacr57
06-05-2006, 01:23 PM
I got a FMF Q for sale that has been cut about 4 or 5 inches. Its a little bit louder than not cut, its got a really deep tone to it and kind of loud. I think it might be 102db now that it is cut, not sure tho. $180, pm me for details. Its just a slip on.

PolarisRider
06-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Are you going with a slip-on, or a full system pipe?

If you are going with a full system, I'd look in to the Sparks X-4, it is cheaper than the HMF.

Curtis also has quiet core inserts for his pipes now, also. So it won't be as obnoxious as mine is.. lol.

I was going to do a slip-on with a wb header. But the guy above me offered me a pipe at a good price. Do you know anything about the Q? Do you think it is good pipe? And do you know what headers fit it? Thanks bwamos.

PR