PDA

View Full Version : Chain adjustment & carrier question

OBoost1
06-02-2006, 11:19 PM
1995 300ex: New to ATV maintenance and repairs, so here's a simple question. Is it possible to put a carrier in 180- degrees off to get more adjusment out of the stock chain.? I'm thinking the guy who owned it before me, may have done this.

I had to replace a streched and slagging chain, becuase there was no more adjuments to be made.. I put a new 520 chain on with the same links as the stock chain, but chain is too short. Can't even connect the ends. I tried rotoating the carrier, but no help. Is it normal for carrier to only rotate 1/4 turn for adjustment? I added another 'masterlink' and intermediate (inner) link, but that made the chain too long.

What am I missing here?

yellowzo3
06-03-2006, 08:07 AM
im not sure if thats possible but does it have the stock swingarm? if it has a longer one than the stock length chain may not work

exrider008
06-03-2006, 08:12 AM
yes u can put it in 180 off but it will be hard to adjust it because the holes will be in the back. and your chain is to short cuz u cant cut the chain the same amount of links as the stock one because the stock one will be stretched more then a brand new one.