PDA

View Full Version : Yahhhoooo I raced the R

Evan
08-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Well I got the R runnin and raced it this Saturday. I had a blast. Its alot more tiring to race than the 400 thats for sure. We had a staggered start, the pros went first then the 2 strokes. My first moto I took off and was in 2nd in the holeshott, and some kid in the pro class,(which is a joke, b.c. you dont nesscarily have to be good to race in the pro class, you just get money if you win in the pro class but its a more exspensive entry fee)stalled his R in the 2nd turn and we piled up behind him, and the rest of the Rs and blasters went around us, we took off and by this time the leader was a half a lap ahead. I passed the guy on about the 3rd lap and he kinda gave up after I passed him, so I took it easy the rest of the race, I was tired. The next moto, I got the holeshot and never looked back, I caught the pros and passed them. This one guy I wouldnt have passed b/c he had 400EX with a yz426 motor, he was having some problems with it, kept blowing the carb off. After I passed everybody, I started doing no footers over the jumps, just showing off, I even waved to everybody one time in the air. Well I can see why the R is made for racing, it shifts so smooth but you need to be in the right gear for the turns though. It doesnt like mud either, I hit the mud and it would just roost till it got on solid ground. I cant wait for the next race. Everybody needs an R:D

airheadedduner
08-11-2002, 11:11 AM
They are a kick in the pants to ride. Glad to hear yours works well. I need to shorten mine before I race it.

trx400ex
08-11-2002, 12:39 PM
so you won, great job, how do you think you would have placed on your 400ex in the same race

AtvMxRider
08-11-2002, 07:36 PM
X-rider where do you race at? Have you been up to Virginia Motorsports Park yet? If not you should check it out it is a really nice track. It is really made for motorcycles but quads do pretty good.

400exBro
08-11-2002, 07:55 PM
job well done

x-rider- i tohught you are staying at the 416, but why does it say in your sign. that it is a 425???? did you just bore out the old selve or did you buy a new one????
lata
Bro

Evan
08-11-2002, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys I cant wait till next race.
airhead- Shorten your swingarm? mines stock and it works fine
trx400EX-I dont think I would have done as good, I race the EX there all the time and usally get anywhere from 5th to 2nd.
atv96- I race at Rolling hills, I want to go to VIR or wherever and Birchcreek.
400EXbro- I decided to bore to a 425 and use what was left of the cyl, I am currently rebuilding, I think it may have freid the rings.

Pro400EXC
08-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Blah Blah Blah, haha good job Bro. The sponser's are gonna be lookin for you now,hehe.

Anywas,keep winin,and you'll be in pro before you know it.:o :D ;)

airheadedduner
08-13-2002, 12:47 AM
(quote)airhead- Shorten your swingarm? mines stock and it works fine

IT says on my sig I have an 89 swingarm but I had to get rid of it. I am runnin a 86 +3 right now.

Fender Bender
03-02-2003, 03:45 AM
You wait til i come up there and race with you and brett:macho :blah

QuadTrix6
03-02-2003, 02:19 PM
250R's and blasters in the same class ? is that fair ?:confused:

Nausty
03-02-2003, 05:19 PM
lol the c class where I race is everything from stock blasters to just about fully modded 400's and r's with extended everything and axis shocks.:o lol, in the first main of the c class is just as fast as the b class.:rolleyes:

trx400ex
03-02-2003, 08:23 PM
wow this was an old thread....i dont know what class to race in now......