PDA

View Full Version : XR's only

stalefish_132
06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
ok so i orderd a camshaft from XR's only and after waiting for 2 hours on the phone(long disance from canada) i finally talked to somone who knew what they were talking about even though they tryed to tell me there is not stage 3 hot cam.I orderd a Hot Cams stage 3. and today i get it and its a stage 2 andi phone there and some idiot trys telling me that they are the same and tell him the differance in lift/ duration and he just says that tjhey don't even make a stage 3.
has anyone else delt with them before? its to late to send the cma back now because i didn't want to wait any longer so i threw it in there and it seems to go really well but i'm jsut mad that a company like them cant even know what they are talking about.

sorry for the long post i just needed to vent

Mxjunkie
06-02-2006, 07:39 PM
I remeber someone saying that the stage 3 is now the stage 2 cam, there was a post about the topic and it came up because of people wanting to order the stage 3 I belive.

Don't quote me on it though, I'm sure I might not be correct I am a 2 stroke guy afterall.. :p

400exstud
06-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Your close Josh.

Back in the day (about 2 years ago) Hotcams made two cams; the stage one and stage two. Then they added a cam that fit the median between these two and then they named this the stage two and renamed the old stage two, the stage three.

Now, it seems that they have dropped the stage three (old stage two) and only make the old stage one, new stage two and the "stroker" cam which looks WAY too agressive for pretty much everyone.

I would say that your screwed because there are no more stage threes or old stage twos (except for used of course).

DieselBoy
06-02-2006, 10:35 PM
so i guess the guy from xr's only was right

stalefish_132
06-02-2006, 10:43 PM
well i was more gonig by hotcams site and the guys at hot cams were like " why didn't you order it online" but their site isn't set up for orders to canada and he was trying to say that i wasn't doing somthing right online and i for got to mention i phone annother time about a week after i orderd it to try to get a tracking number and they couldn't even find somone that knew how to find it. that phone call only took and hour and half.