PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder 04/05 link update review

woodsman250r
06-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I decided to get the update that Laz has for the 05 450r rear shock and drove out to pick them up today. I sent them out tuesday and they were done this afternoon! Anyways, here is a pic of how it looks and I will install it tomorrow with a ride report of how this update works compared to the old setup.

eganracing
06-02-2006, 06:51 PM
what did he change?

450robot
06-02-2006, 07:02 PM
for the link they change the valving, spring, along with sending you the new link

you will love the setup! night and day difference when i put mine on

400exrider707
06-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
for the link they change the valving, spring, along with sending you the new link

you will love the setup! night and day difference when i put mine on

No he's asking what was changed (updated) since the last one.

hoopd450
06-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Thru constant testing we keep learning more about suspension. We have redesigned our XC link for the TRX450R 2004/05. It has more wheel travel and offers a smoother ride then the previous one as long as the shock is setup correctly to go with it.

As a thank you to our existing retail customers - we are offering this link at 50% off to anyone who has bought their 2004/05 XC link from us previously as long as you send your shock in for upgrades. The shock service and upgrades will also be 50% off. If a spring is needed for your weight and/or riding style - you will also recieve a 10% discount on the rear spring.

Total cost with discounts is $210.50.

Note: This offer is only good to our existing retail customers thru the end of June.

Oh - Did I mention a 30 day satisfaction guarantee?? Or a full refund and we will return your rear shock to its previous setup at no charge.

hoopd450
06-03-2006, 11:44 AM
We should have parts here by may 15th to fill orders on this special.

Complete package price for anyone else is $345.00.

Ride height will 1/4 inch higher and it will have an 1/8 inch more ground clearance.

this is all the info from laz. i just copied it all. hope this helps.

woodsman250r
06-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Well I rode on my new setup today and all I can say is WOW. It is night and day compared to the old setup which is night and day compared to stock. The setup is much more plush and it seems to be a lot smoother than the previous setup. I ride on rocky/ rough trails and this setup soaked up anything I could throw at it without packing up or bottoming out. Overall I was very impressed with this setup and didn't expect anything less considering Laz offered a 30 day guarentee. If anyone has the old link setup I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading or if anyone was considering the GT link it is well worth the money. To sum the performance of this setup up, I rode on a Custom Axis rear setup and this was right on par with that if not better. :D Laz definatly knows what he is doing when it comes to suspension.

duke416ex
06-13-2006, 10:39 AM
What ride height did you have with this setup once you got it on the bike?