PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on with Bong state park

honda200x
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
IN WI is that place ever going to open. Was suppose to open start of May but it is still closed. Same BS message do to comstruction on the parking lot and wet conditions. What wet conditions? This stinks this is the closest place for me to ride. Maybe by next month it will be open I will keep my finigers crossed. :eek2:

raptor brothers
06-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I went there like 9 years ago with a dirt bike.I hope they made it better I was super dissapointed.It was like a little kids BMX track in the middle of a flat field when I went.I'm not sure were your located,but if you can make it to K.I. in Oregon Il.(near Byron)it's alot nicer motto track.If you don't mined a longer drive The Bad Lands in Attica Il. is the best place I've ever been.The only thing thier missing is a good motto track.

honda200x
06-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm in lake villa Yeah a bad lands trip for me is goign to happen in a month, or so. Bad lands is about a hour and a half from me. I have never been to Bong I heard it sucked, but I guess if that is all you got you got to go for it. I'm not to big into MX any more I hve a few three wheelers and a dirt bike that needs a rebuild. that aint going happen for a while. As far as Oregon Il i have no ideal how far i'm from there. I will for sure have to look into that. When the time comes near for me to head up to the bad lands if you want i will shoot you a email, and maybe we can meet up there. :D

raptor brothers
06-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Lake Villa,is farther from the bad lands than me.I'd give it a good 3 1/2 hr. from you.Rt.294 sucks big time(all torn up).K.I. is south west of you 1 1/2 hr. - 2 hr. away.My dad has a farm right out side of town(I'm out there every other weekend riding my quad).Let me know if your ever heading to K.I.& I'll meet you up there.

honda200x
06-09-2006, 03:05 PM
There aying it might open mid june, and the took the stupid part about the parking lot being fixed. Now it is closed do to very wet conditions. With is confusing it aint wet here at all. :rolleyes:

honda200x
06-16-2006, 07:03 PM
It is finaly freaking open bout time. Now who wants to go and when. :cool:

preddymoto
06-18-2006, 02:00 PM
lake geneva has a decent mx track. tuesdays and thursdays are practice fridays are races

BuB400
06-25-2006, 07:14 PM
What do you have to do to practice there? Join AMA or/and what else?

honda200x
07-18-2006, 06:00 PM
I finaly got to go this weekend. This place sucks bad. The trails never get groomed they are so rutted up even the dudes on dirt bikes where having a hard time ridding them. Let alone me on a three wheeler. There small too it is just a big open feild with a trail threw it and tall over grwon brush on either side of the trail. I don't know why they don't open up the trail make it wider and longer they have plenty of room to do this. If they would groom it atleast once a month too it wouldn't have been so rutted up. I bought a year pass I doudt I will go back to ride the atv trail, but the mountion bike trails looked pretty good. Maybe i will try them next time. Oh side note most the time it said they where closed do to Atv dirt bike trail parking lot construction with was bull poop the parking lot was freaking gravel.

tommilicious
07-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by preddymoto
lake geneva has a decent mx track. tuesdays and thursdays are practice fridays are races

Can you practice tues/thurs with atvs? What do you need to do this? Im guessing you have to pay a fee and be registered. Anything else? My banshee has paul turner pipes and fat boy silencers. Would my exhaust set up restrict me from the track?