PDA

View Full Version : Reporting deadbeats to credit reporting agencys?

Pappy
06-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know the steps needed to report deadbeat payers to the credit reporting agencys? i have a growing list

LaLaLoosh
06-02-2006, 09:24 AM
you need to contact the credit bureaus directly (trans union, expieran, equifax) there is a procedure to fill out

bwamos
06-02-2006, 10:47 AM
If you have good documentation, you can also sell the debt off to a collection agency.

red2004 TRX450R
06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
at work i send customers all the time to the collection agency. I just got off the phone with them.

they will take about 25% to 50% most of the time it is 25%. We send out 3 notices with the last one stating if not paid with in 30 days it will be forwarded to the collections department. then we send them to the collection agency.
We have to many past due accounts and not enuff staff to call each person but it would be a good practice.

The collection agency will then send them a threatening letter and phone calls. If the person does not pay with in 30 days then it will go on there credit report.

We get 50% to pay with in a month. the others don't pay in tell they try to get financing and can't, then they pay to clear there record. If the person declares bankruptcy kiss you money good bye.

All we do to send some on is have Debotor's Name, address, phone Number, Owing Since, and amount Due then mail in the list once a month.
It is good to have access to copies of invoices sent, price list, serial numbers of a frame you did ect.

just look in a local major city phone book for a collection agency or credit bureau.

if you have any questins just ask or pm me and i will give you the # for the compay we use(they are in NW PA).
or look up "credit bureau of (your major city)" they will try to collect you money and report to the 3 major credit companys.