PDA

View Full Version : Front brake problem

armysig
06-01-2006, 10:17 PM
My front left wheel does not spin freely while jumping. I have check to see if the disk was warped, and it doesn't seem to be. I have noticed that the brake pads are very snug on the disk and it is sticking.

Is there a way to adjust the distance the pads are from the disk?

curious george
06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
i had the same problem with my front right. i was using ebc sintered self cleaning metal pads and it would not spin. the rotor was not warped or any thing but i bought a new one of ebay for 30.00 and switched it and now it does not do it at all. rotor might be the problem becuase i took mine before i took it if and spun it through the caliper and it would spin great fo about 99/100s then it would rub and then spin. so just a little warp makes it not spin. it affected balence in the air and wheelies so i switched it. pretty cheap but **** happens. i would just replace the rotor or take the pads and sand the pad part down a little bit, till it doesnt rub anymore.

sorry if this doesnt help

300exOH
06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Also there are pins that the calipers ride on that need to be lubed or the caliper will freeze somewhat and make the pads rub the rotor.

miller821
06-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I haven't changed the front pads yet, but have changed the rear plenty of times...
So maybe you need to push that Caliper back in with a C-Clamp, to push it back.
I may be wrong so someone can correct me if so.