PDA

View Full Version : brake caliper...read

derekhonda
08-10-2002, 11:08 PM
i just got my piston out of my brake caliper and changed the seals....hopefully this will cure my brake problems. Anyways...to get the piston out you stick a rubbernozled hose into where the brake fluid enters and push it out. Well i got it out but i cant get it back in. Someone has to have done something similar to me help me piece this caliper back together. help....

08-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Did you ever get a manual or the copies??

Double check that the seals are installed 100%.

Are there any nicks or corrosion on the piston??

derekhonda
08-11-2002, 06:53 AM
yep i got the manual but i just glanced through it has no specific details on reinstallation.

The seals were in there correctly when i started the piston, i suppose they could have came out but how would i check that without pulling the piston back out.

The piston looked good, very smooth

Leo
08-11-2002, 07:12 AM
make sure the bore of the caliper is not corroded up, and try lubing the seals a bit with some fresh brake fluid before you install the piston..

Leo

08-11-2002, 09:01 AM
u know the part that pushes against the pads....the face part comes off mine is that ok?

papaw
08-11-2002, 02:54 PM
if its your back brakes look inth little hole where the piston goes through to the e/brake side.there is a o-ring in there held in by a metal collar.make sure they are not in there crooked.fronts don't have this go with leo,lube them with brake fluid....

08-11-2002, 03:13 PM
lube the piston and sleeve it makes it alot easier to install and it will make it harder for the seals to roll when you put the piston back in.
killer