PDA

View Full Version : home made air scoops

BARRY
08-10-2002, 10:56 PM
i dont have a camera or i would post some pictures. 1st take a peice of card board and make a simular size triangle. there are two bolts that hold your front plastic on each side. line up each corner with a bolt then stuff the other end up inside .trim the cardboard perfect to fit you might have to cut tabs to fit the bolts flush. give the card board a nice bend then stand back and see and make sure it looks cool.the ones i made are not as big as 250r type but they look good. NEXT take an old and empty laquer thinner style can.cut the top and bottom of then make one cut down the middle and you should have a semi flat piece of sheet metal thats about 2 feet long trace the cardboard on there perfect twice.leave about half an inch on each end cut it out with tin snips. bend the half inch over with some pliers and hammer it down to give a lip on the inside.make sure you bend each side opposite.drill your two holes on each one. check for fit .then scuff whole thing up with sandpaper prime and paint with truck bedliner to cover up hammer marks. make sure the final is actually putting more air acrossthe engine and not pushing it away.i put some stickers on mine and they look awesome