PDA

View Full Version : bombadier 650 DSX baja

hondachick400ex
06-01-2006, 06:21 PM
My husband current broke his collar bone for the second time on my machine. Yes I ride the 650. First time the machine didn't get hurt this time it did. My handle bars were slight mess. The clutch was no where that it should of been and the throttle was upside down. My handlebars seem ok but the shaft running down to the A arms looks like its shoved slightly to the left. Does anyone know if I can straighten this or if I have to look into new parts and if so where is a good place to start. Bombadier isn't as popular as most other machines.

lghickman21
06-02-2006, 07:15 PM
A machine shop could straighten it. I am not sure how bombardier is but it was cheaper for me to buy a stock honda stem than to have mine straightened though. Would be something to look into.

hondachick400ex
06-03-2006, 07:40 AM
I think your right I will have to get a new stem for this but I am having a hard time combing the net for Bombardier parts. Got any suggestions where I should start? Is there an aftermarket I can get for this at all? I have to admit I have not worked on steering before on any of my machines so this area is new to me. Btw what do you ride?

400exrider707
06-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Try houser, burgard, roll design, hermann, laegers, or lonestar just to name a few... any of these companies should be able to sell you one or make you one. Much better than the stock unit too.

lghickman21
06-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah 400exrider707 pretty much laid it out there. Any of those places should have what you need.