PDA

View Full Version : sore thimbs?

emaxxjeremy
06-01-2006, 06:21 PM
my son complains of a sore thumb while riding his kasea 90. i tell him to suck it up, but is this something that is for real? i thought i read somewhere that this was a common complaint by kids. is there something to make it better?

firefighterjosh
06-01-2006, 06:32 PM
When I first started riding I had a sore thumb. Maybe try adjusting his throttle so that more of his thumb is in contact with the thumb throttle lever.

Arctic Cat Dad
06-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I unhooked the oil injector pump and use premix gas. You need to put a single throttle cable on ,when you do this. Also you can position the thumb lever so that it raised up some so it's not level like it is, as in the stock position. But the best thing to do is ride,ride and ride more he'll get use to it. :D When they ride for 20 to 30 hours a week for hours at a time their thumbs get stronger.:devil: :D

3-D Racing Dad
06-02-2006, 04:55 AM
I played a little mental game on Kyle, and told him that I would tape his finger up to help with the fatigue, I taped his thumb up and he hasn't complained again.....

LT80
06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
He could be like one of my old riders and just not push on it very much. LOL :) :rolleyes: :devil:

06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
They have thumb throttle extenders....I think I still have one my son use to use when he was 4 if you need it let me know