PDA

View Full Version : Walmart halogen lights???

TheFontMaster
06-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I've heard about people running those hallogen lights that you can buy at walmart. I was wondering how those have worked out for people, and how hard they were to hook up. Also what kinda lights should I buy, like what watts or volts or whatever, as you can tell I'm no electrical expert. These will be going on my 250r.

QuadRacr57
06-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I just used a car Xenon Light from the hardware store that was $25. Its 50 watts and got it working in about 30 minutes. It works really good, you cant really see it unless you look under the hood, and its very bright.

QuadRacr57
06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
another, this is the side view. What i did was drill two holes in one of the crossmembers on the frame, from the side the frame looks like a "n". It is open on the bottom, so when i inserted the bolts, i could reach under there to get the nuts on. The light I bought was a 50 watt lamp, because the stock headlight is 50 watts, so it will not blow the fuse or drain your battery too bad. The wires coming out of the light actually plugged right into the end of the light switch wires. I put mine on a 300ex, and there is a high and low switch also, so all i did was plug one wire into the on/off, and one into the high beam. So on my handlebars i always have the beam adjustment on high, so when i turn my light on, i don't have to fool around with the high and low stuff. I know that might be kind of confusing, let me know if it is, and ill try to clarify it.

QuadRacr57
06-01-2006, 08:49 PM
here

QuadRacr57
06-01-2006, 08:51 PM
easier to understand

PolarisRider
06-03-2006, 07:08 AM
I just put mine on this week. I love them.