PDA

View Full Version : CD clubs are they a scam???

PismoLocal
06-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I just signed up for one of those sketchy CD club things where you get 12 cd's for the price of one. Has any one every done one of these little deals before? I picked out 7 cd's and they send them to you and you only pay shipping and handling and state tax which came out to around $20. Now it says I have one year to buy one more cd from them and with that one cd I get to pick out 5 more free ones. Does this sound like a scam? Has any one done it before? Does anybody know any one that has done it? Input is appreciated.

06-01-2006, 05:42 PM
yep..i was on one awhile ago. once you quit doing them, they send u a little bit of junk mail but you can always throw it away :)

PismoLocal
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Ya I signed up for one and recieved my CD's today seems legit so far any one else have any experience with CD clubs.

hardkoratvmxr
06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
yes they work. my girlfriends mom does this and has recieved over 350 cds in original cases and are not copywrighted. the authors of the cds sell them to the "company" for cheap and that is how they make money and it is not illegal.

deathman53
06-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I was a member of bmg and columbia house. Columbia house is a scam, true 12 for the price of one, but you have to buy 6 at FULL price over 2 years, pay shipping and plus they send you a mail every month with the "cd of the month" and if you don't send it back with the cd checked off, they will send you the cd, then you have to pay to send it back. After 2 years I didn't buy any cd's and they finally charged me about $120, I send them about $5 a month and it took along time to pay it off, and pissed them off alot.
Bmg has a different story 12 for one, I bought the one, and they did the same mailings, a bunch of them got opened and I had to pay to send them back, I got some cd's on sale from them. Then they didn't have any cd's I wanted, I got sick of sending back their mailer and they send me alot of cd's, I put "return to sender on all, they sent me a letter about it, I cancelled my memebership not soon after and I haven't heard back