PDA

View Full Version : revs wont run?

john.E.business
06-01-2006, 04:40 PM
My buddy has a 400ex and he can rev it and it sounds fine and runs but it wont go anywhere? what could be the issue? clutch?

06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
try cleaning the air filter if that is not it/ sounds like it is runing rich

boricua
06-01-2006, 11:06 PM
define/explain "wont go"

go: fast, past a certain rpm, at all, etc......

john.E.business
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
apparently wont go fast at all or even at all there is little movement it revs and what not but wont go...

boricua
06-01-2006, 11:18 PM
so your saying it wont go under any throttle positions, just revs.
i would guess its the clutch....how old is it? does it feel like it wants to go? does it do it in every gear? clutch adjustment, thats a stretch though.....

firefighterjosh
06-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Sounds like the clutch has welded itself together. My banshee did that.

john.E.business
06-01-2006, 11:20 PM
oh yea and what was that like to fix? how long how much?

firefighterjosh
06-01-2006, 11:25 PM
It was the biggest pain in the *****. The rod welded itsself to the ball and the bushing the clutch basket sits on welded its self to the shaft. Took forever maybe 4 Hours

Not sure if that is your buddies problem though

boricua
06-02-2006, 08:20 PM
if your clutch has welded itself together, you would have no clutch. meaning it will move with full clutch, no slip. your saying it wont go, like its slipping or not grabbing enough......still, i think its your clutch. i think its worn out some how or springs over heated and have lost their strength/holding power.....
just trying to help.

firefighterjosh
06-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by boricua
if your clutch has welded itself together, you would have no clutch. meaning it will move with full clutch, no slip. your saying it wont go, like its slipping or not grabbing enough......still, i think its your clutch. i think its worn out some how or springs over heated and have lost their strength/holding power.....
just trying to help.

Mine was welded out. I couldn't pull it in! Long BAD story:(

boricua
06-06-2006, 08:15 PM
so when its time....whatever position the clutch is in, is where it will weld itself.....
seems like some crappy luck for it to weld somewhere in the middle of the pull......

firefighterjosh
06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by boricua
so when its time....whatever position the clutch is in, is where it will weld itself.....
seems like some crappy luck for it to weld somewhere in the middle of the pull......

It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. It was due to the oil i was running. Sounds weird but I ran ams oil since I heard it was so good. I went through 3 Clutches changed oil to Maxima and never had a problem since.

boricua
06-07-2006, 06:51 PM
ams not too good with the clutch you were using then huh?
good to know.