PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 700 starting issues when hot....

mbennett67
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Any one have any issues when starting their Raptor 700 when it's hot? I changed my oil the other day and then went out riding with nephew (read slow) and it had problems starting. Thought maybe I overfilled the oil tank and it went into some kind of safe mode but unsure. Any experience?

Iceman8984
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I have experienced this with my bike twice. Both times after riding for couple of hours straight. Bike would run fine but once turned off, would not restart for 15-20 minutes. Found bike had spark but no fuel. Could hear pump running in tank. Armed with this information got dealer to call Yamaha. They replaced pump in tank, seems that heat from engine is creating some type of vapor lock in pump when fuel is not being circulated. This is a redisigned pump and was on back order for 3 or 4 weeks. Have not had chance to ride much since pump replaced but I will probably get back to Busco Beach next Sunday.:macho

mbennett67
06-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the update. I have been doing some researching and found that there is a Yamaha Technical Service Bulletin about this exact issue. Seems like some of the 06' Raptors got a fuel pump that had a smaller vent hole and hence did not allow the ATV to properly vent fuel causing cavatation and vapor lock. I have the pump on order as well.

Thanks

Mark