PDA

View Full Version : what length stem to run?

jas250r
06-01-2006, 01:26 PM
What length stem to run? going to get a clarke 4 gallon oversized tank in a few weeks, but first is the stem. I'am leaning toward the burgard because of the price, but a 2 week time for a +2 stem and i want it for a dune trip in 3 weeks. with the adapters i have to run my tag bars i think the stem sits about a half inch higher than stock. I'am about 6 foot. Anyone else been down this rode before? like bought a +1 and wished they went with a +2 or vice versa. I want to order by at least tommorrow.

norcalduner
06-02-2006, 12:35 AM
FYI i have a +2 Houser stem to clear my 4.0 gallon IMS and i had to replace my brake lines for longer ones. Hope this helps.

atvmxr
06-02-2006, 08:30 AM
It has been 4 years now, so maybe things have changed. I bought a Burgard stem was told it would be sent in 2-3weeks. After numerous messages and unreturned phone calls I recieved my stem about 3 months later. I went with the +2 and regret nothing. I am 6' 8". I think I kinda defeated the rise though because I switched from quad bend renthals to CR mid renthals as part of the swap.

Also been told that +2 is more prone to bend in a crash, but I never wreck so dont know for sure. Yeah Right!

LaLaLoosh
06-02-2006, 09:09 AM
i have the 2+ houser.. i have a buddy that bought the Burgard stem and the same thing happened to him. it took about 4 months to get.

jas250r
06-02-2006, 04:48 PM
this is kind of scary as i put a bid on one last night. But it wasn't direct from burgard. cycles r us, which doesn't mean anything at all. i will e-mail them back and make sure they are in stock. i figured with the clarke tank i would go with a +1, i asked about the +2 and they e-mailed back that it would be a 2 week wait. Anyone else but stems from cycles r us before?