PDA

View Full Version : nice little scare

400exchick
06-01-2006, 01:11 PM
So last night I decide to do some exploring on my own with my dads quad (mine was getting a recall done at the dealership). So I'm cruising down a few roads trying to find some dry trails to go ride on with the 400ex. I've been riding for about an hour or so and decide to look at one last one before heading in for the night. So this last one I'm checking out hasn't been maintained so the trees were growing in pretty thick. I decided to turn around and head out. As I'm turning it starts losing power all of a sudden and just stalls. Okay.. I'm thinking no problem, just drop it into neutral and start it back up. Nope.. doesn't work. I'm not getting a response from anything I try doing. At this point I start to get a little nervous as it's gonna start getting dark soon and there have been a few bear sightings. Not to mention wolves. I wait a minute try to get it to go into neutral again. No luck. Now I start panicking. I'm more than 8 miles into the bush and past all the cottages so no ones gonna be driving by. I figure, heck, I'll just walk home and come get it with the truck. Of course I finally came to my senses after about 5 minutes of walking thinking I'm being ridiculous and I'll probably get attacked by some type of animal on my way home. Not to mention the mosquitos and black flies. I go back to the bike, turn the key and luckily the fan starts going and after tossing the bike around a bit I manage to get it into neutral and get it started again. I don't think I've ever felt so relieved in my life. Neck looks like it's been eaten alive.. but oh well.

Moral of the story, always try to have a buddy with you when out riding.

EDIT: my dads is a 400 Suzuki King Quad

Rip_Tear
06-01-2006, 07:08 PM
moral of the story always ride a honda :p

I worry more about the cougars and other kats, the wolves don't like to come around people and the bears are just curious :D

Vindex Injuriae
06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
That does suck - glad you got it back running! Skeeters are always a PITA!!

06-04-2006, 11:27 PM
I bet your dad woulda killed you if you told him his quad broke down...I know my dad would

coryatver
06-04-2006, 11:33 PM
You need to get out in the woods more. Why you so scared? Never go riding alone on a suzuki:D

400exchick
06-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
You need to get out in the woods more. Why you so scared? Never go riding alone on a suzuki:D

You come spend a night alone in the woods with the bears (no tents) and we'll see if you're saying the same thing in the morning ;) :P Yeah trust me, I wont be taking his out when I'm alone anymore. I'll stick with my trusty EX.

"I bet your dad woulda killed you if you told him his quad broke down...I know my dad would"

Not really, he's had some trouble with this machine before. He's the one that is too cheap to get someone more competent to fix his machine properly. He would have given me grief for leaving my cell phone at home but that's about it. :)

ohsobad_chevy
06-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by 400exchick
You come spend a night alone in the woods with the bears (no tents) and we'll see if you're saying the same thing in the morning ;) :P Yeah trust me, I wont be taking his out when I'm alone anymore. I'll stick with my trusty EX.

You can come ride with me, I won't let the big bad bears, wolves, get you. :cool: LOL, Just kidding, my g/f would be soo pissed. I wished she liked to ride, but oh well.... shes good to me. :D

400exchick
06-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
You can come ride with me, I won't let the big bad bears, wolves, get you. :cool: LOL, Just kidding, my g/f would be soo pissed. I wished she liked to ride, but oh well.... shes good to me. :D

hehehe, it's the thought that counts right :p lol You would have been a tad far to come play my knight on a shiny 4hweeler anyways ;) :blah:

ohsobad_chevy
06-05-2006, 11:35 AM
hehehe, it's the thought that counts right :p lol You would have been a tad far to come play my knight on a shiny 4hweeler anyways ;) :blah:

LOL, would it be worth it??? OMG, I'm such an *** for saying this...

MR.BIG
06-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
LOL, would it be worth it??? OMG, I'm such an *** for saying this...

What is this days of our lives, LOL Yeah she is a hottie!

400exchick
06-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
What is this days of our lives

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh, you just made my day

Also, thank you for the compliment. Other than the rare few members I talk to on a daily basis or have met in person, I didn't think anyone on here knew what I look like.

MR.BIG
06-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Didn't you post your pics in one of the photo threads. I may be mistaken but your probably hot anyway. Send a Pic to my Pm. lol

400exchick
06-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Didn't you post your pics in one of the photo threads. I may be mistaken but your probably hot anyway. Send a Pic to my Pm. lol

I had a while back.. but took them off not long after.

MR.BIG
06-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I had a while back.. but took them off not long after.

I never forget a pretty face.:D

400exchick
06-06-2006, 01:48 PM
I never forget a pretty face.:D

That's very sweet. You're gonna make me blush out here.

DieselBoy
06-08-2006, 09:37 PM
HOT...mylene was scared alone in the woods.... did you cry?:blah: KIDDING...

8 miles out there eh? that's a ways out, What recall are you having done? damn honda's :blah: I'm waiting on a guy at quadpro to give me the final go for the 400ex stator so I can get the 400ex out and about, my wolverine has been phenominal though, it's really grown on me.

as for the wolves apparently they ripped a horse to pieces a while back near here, and killed a dog :eek2:

Talk to ya later
mike,

400exchick
06-09-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
HOT...mylene was scared alone in the woods.... did you cry?:blah: KIDDING...

8 miles out there eh? that's a ways out, What recall are you having done? damn honda's :blah: I'm waiting on a guy at quadpro to give me the final go for the 400ex stator so I can get the 400ex out and about, my wolverine has been phenominal though, it's really grown on me.

as for the wolves apparently they ripped a horse to pieces a while back near here, and killed a dog :eek2:

Talk to ya later
mike,

Sheesshhh.. what a way to make me feel more confident about the woods Mike!! :blah: No, I didn't cry thank you very much smart *****!! hahahaha I'm not that big of a whimp:cool: lol

As for the recall, something about the tranny, it was possible that if you downshifted from 2nd into 1st it would kick you in reverse:ermm:

Hope all is well with you, haven't talked to ya in a while.
Mylene