PDA

View Full Version : 250 transmison

frignitor
06-01-2006, 12:09 PM
i understand that the 2006 250ex has this sport clutch but on the models before that do they have the autmotic clutch or full cluctch im lookin into some of them and am kinda confused... thanks alot in advace

PYF
06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by frignitor
i understand that the 2006 250ex has this sport clutch but on the models before that do they have the autmotic clutch or full cluctch im lookin into some of them and am kinda confused... thanks alot in advace

Hi, let me be the fist to greet you on the forum!

I can't really help you but a read a little on those models...I think it's an automatic clutch but you can still use the clutch lever to rev the engine. You can't stall the engine like on a ''real'' manual clutch engine...

By the way, you're in the wrong forum, you might consider this one, they probably have more info about your quad :p

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=76

Hope it helps,

Pierre-Yves

frignitor
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
well i understand the sport clutch but i was askin about the earlier years like 2000- 2004 if they were automatic clutches or fully manual thanks

TheFontMaster
06-01-2006, 12:44 PM
The 06 250ex used to be just a semi auto, this year they added a sort of factory rekulse clutch to it if you will. You can shift it using the clutch, or not using the clutch. It would come in handy because now you can rev up the engine on starts, or comming out of cornners to get faster acceleration. It's also good for younger kids, because they can learn how to use a manual clutch without having to worry about stalling it out.