PDA

View Full Version : frame dented in...

Tommy 17
08-10-2002, 08:18 PM
well to make a long story short i came up short on a 55ft table top landing double tonight... i landed flat on top of the table top part from about 15 ft up in the air and got a nice trip to the hospital bc they thought i broke my wrist... busted my handguaard off hit a rock when i flew off the track and dented my frame in on the bottom...

under the shifter theres a dent probably 5 or 6 inches long and it make my frame almost flat... it hit with enouf force to bottom out my elkas and everything... is this gonna be a weak spot... i'll get pics of it next friday at rausch with pappys cam.. what can i do to it to make it strong and is it eventually gonna crack there... i can't find any cracks in teh frame but it was night time when i got back from the hospital so i can't see that good...

also anyone know if i can buy a replacement pieces to acerbis handguards so i can sell mine? my hand hit the handgaurd and busted the 2 bolts off on teh bottom braket

Pappy
08-10-2002, 08:38 PM
tommy....go get urself an aftermarket frame!!! dont be doin no big jumps either until u check it out real good. i will look at it at rausch fo ya.

08-10-2002, 08:42 PM
check for any cracks in it...shouldnt hurt it too bad to go big but ya know its gonna crack eventually stock frame is 400 bucks so its not too bad

worm
08-10-2002, 09:21 PM
if you need a perfect stock frame make me an offer,..... my dude is in good at troy and has a perfect frame for sell

08-10-2002, 09:38 PM
ill give u 200

worm
08-10-2002, 09:45 PM
i will probably taljk to my dude tomm... i called hijm hes at haspin....where do you live?

trx400ex
08-11-2002, 07:41 AM
yeah, brand new stock frames are only 425$$...just wait till yours starts to crack then go for a new stock one

Dave400ex
08-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Yeah just wait then Buy a new stock frame and have it gusseted and powdercoated.

08-11-2002, 10:06 AM
Looks like to me that you need some better shocks. If you bottomed out on a 55ft tabletop thats pretty bad. Should have saved up for some better ones.

Sorry about the frame. It shouldnt crack right away but will sooner or later.

airheadedduner
08-11-2002, 11:05 AM
run a ridge gusset along the frame about 1 1\2 inches before and after the flat spot. Leave a run on weld a little after the gusset as a stress reliver. It should last for a while like that.

Tommy 17
08-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer
Looks like to me that you need some better shocks. If you bottomed out on a 55ft tabletop thats pretty bad. Should have saved up for some better ones.

shut up and read what i said b4 u go running ur mouth...

i landed flat on the landing that was the style of a table top... as in single to table u dumb@$$... people need to learn to read b4 they talk:o the elka shocks saved me if i wouldn't have had them i probably wouldn't be here talkin on the net right now... elka shocks have soaked up everything i have thrown at them with no problems at all... i would never buy anything except them!

i am just gonna run this frame till it cracks then i will get a new stock honda one and kenny can pc it for me;)

08-11-2002, 04:17 PM
id get some works:D that jump i dunno but on 10 ft high flat land no bottom:cool:

08-11-2002, 04:57 PM
He dude, i was just messin with you. Dont get your panties in a bunch. I've done the same thing on my track. I can read you *****. Dont tell me to stop running my mouth. If I need to learn how to read looks like you need to learn to jump. PEP Rules.

400exBro
08-11-2002, 05:27 PM
i agruee with racer pep does rule but to much fuggin $$$$$$$$$
i could buy another quad for that price.....

no flame intead this thread is about your frame, i would say she ain't going to hold to many jumps, you frame is probably weak enough that after a couple of jumps she will probably crack, look around before you buy another frame see if you can find a good deal on a houser frame,
are you able to buy the frame w/o a arms, sub frame, swing arm etc...???? how much if so ??
glad to hear you are still( almost ) in one peice
Bro

Tommy 17
08-11-2002, 05:56 PM
i'm just ignoreing u now... i ain't gettin banned over u bc u can't understand what i said...

i checked the frame i can't find any cracks... the dent runz from where the bar connects at a angle the whole way back to my foot peg bolts... its dented right on the welds so we will see how it holds up... i don't give it much longer....

08-11-2002, 07:15 PM
"If I need to learn how to read looks like you need to learn to jump. PEP Rules."

Thats compliment if its not u cannot read a book.......read stuff first before u post it it will make more sense..........pep does not rule i beleive custom axis does..and elka is in the same league as them.....
:macho

08-11-2002, 07:41 PM
Listen, I know exactly what he is talking about. I have the same jump on my track that 400ex21 wrecked on. I've seen people wreck on it and *****. But never a bent frame. So i know how to read and know exactly what he said. I didnt mean to flame, I was just messin around.

And by the way, PEP can not be matched for their greatness.

08-11-2002, 08:45 PM
since when is pep unmatched....i see alot of the top pros running axis and elka

08-13-2002, 01:07 PM
:blah

Dave400ex
08-13-2002, 01:33 PM
I don`t think it matters what Shocks he uses.

08-13-2002, 03:11 PM
I think it's all rider not shocks..:eek:

400exBro
08-13-2002, 03:16 PM
rico's old wisedom comes in handy again:eek: :confused:
Bro

Dave400ex
08-13-2002, 04:10 PM
I agree.