PDA

View Full Version : mixing shocks?

mole97
06-01-2006, 03:50 AM
I need opinions? I just bought an 06 trx and am now redoing the suspension. I have an custom axis rear shock for it already, and now have to get front ones, and was just wondering , would it or is it a bad idea to go with a differant brand for the fronts? I can get ohlins at pretty much wholesale and was gonna go with that ,but I dont know what the circumstances for mixing would have? I dont care if i have to get the axis for the front,but i just wan't to know if anyone ever mixed? thanx :cool:

ThorR88
06-01-2006, 11:47 AM
doesnt make a difference but if you can get axis then get axis!

04TRX400EX
06-04-2006, 01:41 AM
You can mix shock brands front/rear as long as they are setup the same in terms of rider weight and type of riding (MX, XC, etc.). You would definitely not want to have a MX rear and a recreational setup front for example.

LT250RMan
06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
It would be easier to adjust the front and rear to match, if you had the same brand of shocks all around just put them all on the same clicker adjustment and there you go, insted of trying to get the diffrent brand set up to match the other brand and it would look better with the same brand of shocks all around to.

mole97
06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
:) yeah thanx for the opinions guys. I'm just gonna go with the axis. like they say if it aint broke don't fix it. I never had problems with them on my yfz, and was thinking of trying another brand,(like I said ,I can get a good deal on ohlins) but sticken with the axis:D they've been good to me..............

DEVINF450R
06-04-2006, 05:38 PM
HEY can you get me a good deal on Ohlins :p

mole97
06-05-2006, 02:30 AM
:D wish i could get them for everyone who asked me that,than i guess i could make some money::p .nah,i know someone who's a dealer and i get his discount....;)