PDA

View Full Version : cheap holeshots

400eXr1d3rZ
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
where can i find holeshots for super cheap?

Colby@C&DRacing
06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
which holeshots are you looking for ?

KWAD GAWD
06-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Super cheap, like $10?
The dumpster at your local bike shop, or your buddies garage.

There's isn't a huge mark-up on tires. Super cheap is going to be about $50 a tire.

nickmelll
06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
the cheapest ive seen is at rockymountainatv.com

underpowered
06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Super cheap, like $10?
The dumpster at your local bike shop, or your buddies garage.

There's isn't a huge mark-up on tires. Super cheap is going to be about $50 a tire.

actually tires have a pretty high margin on them if you look at retail prices in parts unlimited compared to what people seel them for and what dealer cost is. motorcycle tires are horrible, they sometimes have a 200% markup on them, atv tires have a decent margin, but not as bad as street bikes. About $50 a tire is as cheap as your gonna get a tire that retails for $80+

Colby@C&DRacing
06-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
actually tires have a pretty high margin on them if you look at retail prices in parts unlimited compared to what people seel them for and what dealer cost is. motorcycle tires are horrible, they sometimes have a 200% markup on them, atv tires have a decent margin, but not as bad as street bikes. About $50 a tire is as cheap as your gonna get a tire that retails for $80+

there isn't any margin in tires unless you sell them for retail and then there isn't any money because no one will pay retail!!!!!!!!!

underpowered
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
there isn't any margin in tires unless you sell them for retail and then there isn't any money because no one will pay retail!!!!!!!!!

well it really depends. i work at a shop and we shop around for teh best prices on stuff throughout all of our distributors. we have found that certain ones are consistantly cheaper on products than others. each distributor shines in oner area or another. Tucker rocky seemes to have the best tire prices on Kenda tires atleast. ITP is kinda hit and miss. we dont get the cheapest price for us to make an extra buck, we shop for the best price to save the customer a buck. We sell the kenda knarly, retail is like $89 (not sure as i am not at work now) but we can sell that tire at $70 and still make a decent margin off of it.

Colby@C&DRacing
06-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I can see where you see a margin selling a knarly at $70 a tire I have to sell them at $50 a tire to be competetive with another company and as you can see there isn't any margin in the tire.

Not trying to argue with you just telling you how it works being a mail order company.

06-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I know some body how has some bran new fot dirt cheep

trx400exxracer
06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
www.rockymountainatv.com

is a good place to order tires for cheap

honduh440
06-01-2006, 12:10 PM
do your self a favor and dont buy em.

i got the new mxr6's and one race they were almost half gone

aci clay
06-01-2006, 02:26 PM
mxr4s hookup way better kenda mx tires 4 me anyway

400eXr1d3rZ
06-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
which holeshots are you looking for ?

XCT's

Warnerade
06-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
actually tires have a pretty high margin on them if you look at retail prices in parts unlimited compared to what people seel them for and what dealer cost is. motorcycle tires are horrible, they sometimes have a 200% markup on them, atv tires have a decent margin, but not as bad as street bikes. About $50 a tire is as cheap as your gonna get a tire that retails for $80+ so is that why my buddy who owns a shop buys tires directly from rocky mountain? they are basically the same price.

ELewandowski
06-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Why wouldn't he go through a wholesaler? I dont know much about atv and dirtbike wholesalers, but in most business, like the plumbing company we have, you save a lot by going to a wholesaler, over someplace like home depot. You save because you get things at cost, once an item goes someplace for resale it is always marked up.

Warnerade
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
becuase there is no mark up on tires...